The Herd

major

What in particular did he say that wasn't EXACTLY true? Prior to his signing, 99.7% of Bills fans didn't want him anywhere near the team. Now that he's signed homer nation thinks it's a brilliant move.

TO is an amazing player but he carries more baggage than a cruise ship.

Nice to see that the 4th grade trend continues. Saying something positive about the Bills = brilliant journalism. Saying something negative = insufferable hackery.

Yea you are right but Cowherd is an a$$, I can't stand him or his dumb show.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His trashing of the Rust Belt does get old from my perspective, a Rust Belt native. I purposefully rarely if ever have him on, why give him the ratings? I enjoy Rome, his show is hilarious and nothing like any other sports talk show. He has very regimented segments which add to his professionalism. If he ever goes off on a tangent it will be because of an email/call/text, not through his own stream of consciousness.

Cowherd just stinks. I know I defended the WGR guys repetitively here, so I'm in a hard place criticisizing the Herd for some of the same reasons, but he has simply no respect or admiration for our hometown, and that doesn't and will never work for me. Hockey fans have some uncurable, yet livable disease, like Diabetes or bad allergies. Not, "oh my god, thats so sad, it must be hard to live that life," moreso "oh, how cute, what a trooper." It's totally pretentious. Jim Rome respects Buffalo, and will openly criticize us when necessary or valid. He'll talk just as much smack if we get "punked" on MNF or whatever. It's totally fair. But he takes out the TEAM, not the TOWN. Cowherd knows we as Buffalo fans take our town's reputation very personally, at least I do, and he purposefully denegrates it. At least some national guys know how to tow the line.

Really? Less then 40 yards in half of his games, huh? Yet he averaged over 15 yards per catch, and scored 10 TD's. Lee Evans, in the absolute prime of his career, averaged just over 16 yards per catch, and scored all of 3 TD's.

Now, try to follow me here. Evans biggest problem was having no decent alternative WR for Edwards to throw to. Enter 35 or 36 year old Owens, (every time someone posts negative about T.O., he seems to get older) and even you have to admit that should free the young talented Evans up for a more productive season, and the Bills should still get at least 5 to 6 TD's from Owens himself, if he stays healthy.

I agree this should let Evans become a better player. However, my comment was about TO. A lot of people on this board are thinking the TO of 3-5 years ago is the TO you are getting. TO is 35, and will turn 36 this season. I am simply stating it's logical to assume he is going to be a worse player than he was last year simply because of age and less talent around him. Last year TO was not an elite WR. He had no impact in 1/2 the games the Cowboys played last season. Do you honestly think Jerry Jones released him simply because of his character flaws? When has he ever done that? No, it is because his skills are obviously diminishing, and TO seems to be the only person who doesn't see it. Combine that with his abrasive personality, and you have something to be concerned with. How do you think TO's going to respond when Trent doesn't have the time to get the ball deep, or when you can't throw it 40 times/game in late Nov and Dec because of weather? Do you think he's going to go to his press conf. after one of these losses and be professional, or do you think he's going to throw everybody and anybody he can under the bus. I know what history says.

Cowherd is like a bully. He is always for the biggest city, team, sport, etc.

When Marshawn was in trouble a few months ago, he says "We told you coming out, this was a disaster. He's trouble." I listened to him a lot then, and never heard him say that, and doubt that he ever even brought him up.

He made Ralph the laughing stock when the CBA came out and Ralph said what he said.

Did he ever come back and say anything when Ralph was proved to be right?

As for that list somebody had up there, I don't see how anybody could have Todd Wright. I listen to him all the time - his replacement on espn overnight sucks so bad it's unreal he has a job.............Todd is very knowledgable about a lot of things, has great opinions. Doesn't talk down. Talks up the Bills when he talks about them, etc. I find his show really entertaining and informative.

People hate Colin because he tells you how it is. You might not agree what he says but that is Normal. I find him off the wall a bit but he does know what he is talking about and has been correct in a lot of his statements after the fact.

No people hate Cowherd because he is a moron. Tells it how it is yeah Sabermetrics its just stuff for nerds its not like anyone has ever won with that stuff ( Well except the Red Sox who broke a 86 year drought curse to win not one but two championships ) and yeah he is so right about that. He doesn't know what he is talking about and his TO comment is just the latest of proof.

Another reason Cowherd is hated is because his national show which sucks replaces local programming that is better than what ever Cowherd has to say. Yeah he is right about some stuff but like any good predictor he brags about the handful of accurate calls and than sweeps under the rug the hundreds of times he is wrong.

I agree this should let Evans become a better player. However, my comment was about TO. A lot of people on this board are thinking the TO of 3-5 years ago is the TO you are getting. TO is 35, and will turn 36 this season. I am simply stating it's logical to assume he is going to be a worse player than he was last year simply because of age and less talent around him. Last year TO was not an elite WR. He had no impact in 1/2 the games the Cowboys played last season. Do you honestly think Jerry Jones released him simply because of his character flaws? When has he ever done that? No, it is because his skills are obviously diminishing, and TO seems to be the only person who doesn't see it. Combine that with his abrasive personality, and you have something to be concerned with. How do you think TO's going to respond when Trent doesn't have the time to get the ball deep, or when you can't throw it 40 times/game in late Nov and Dec because of weather? Do you think he's going to go to his press conf. after one of these losses and be professional, or do you think he's going to throw everybody and anybody he can under the bus. I know what history says.

TO will affect the outcome of games just by drawing attention to himself, away from others. If he throws people under the bus because of bad play & losses..................................I would gladly drive the bus over them.

Funny how a lot of you say he is unlistenable and he is horrible etc...but yet you know a lot about him :flirt:

I haven't listened to more than ten minutes total to him in 6 months time. I heard enough of him in the previous 5 or so years since Kornheiser left..........I really miss Mister Tony!

Funny how a lot of you say he is unlistenable and he is horrible etc...but yet you know a lot about him :flirt:

That is odd, isn't it? 0:)

Personally, I'm not often in earshot when he's on. I'm grateful for that. I still think Buffalo would be better served with local programming in the 10-noon timeslot, and I've voiced that opinion to Andy on several occasions. However, I'm sure there are cost/benefit considerations, and possibly contractual obligations as an ESPN network affiliate, to consider.

I haven't listened to more than ten minutes total to him in 6 months time. I heard enough of him in the previous 5 or so years since Kornheiser left..........I really miss Mister Tony!

Tony was a great listen on ESPN but didn't play the game for them. I now listen to Dan Patrick every morning (another guy ESPN couldn't get to play the game) from 9-12. He must be killing Coward (who I do find funny, but a company butt kisser) so he has to amp it up! I think me saying that was a something John Clayton had a exclusive on! :worthy:

#5- Jim Rome (syndicated- just a style thing I guess, he does decent interviews, but the rest of his show is unbearable)

Rome is hilarious...personally I could listen to this dude 24/7 and the clones that call in with their takes...

You probably don't like him cause you called in once, got manual buzzered and got run 10 seconds into your call...

then you got mad while Rome talked about how and why you got run for like 5 minutes and told all the clones out there in Jungle land to either bring something a lot better than what you just brought or hang up the phone, further infuriating you...

War to Buftex getting run, Rome being on forever and Marshawn Lynch staying out of the ink blotter for an entire year...

Boom...outta here.....

Oh my Goodness!! GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!! Of all the dramatic things I have ever seen in my life!! This one has to be the most dramatic!!

Guest three3

get cowherd off the air. GR cut the local man because it is cheaper to run the national feed in that time slot. all the while the Entercom execs rake in the big cayshe. just keep on cutting everything that is local, run the national syndicated feed and rake in the profits. how much more evil can it get. (yes, capitalism is bullfukkenshyt, i said it)

i gave cowherd a chance when he first got on and have not gone back, never will. why you listen is beyond comprehension

I listen to a lot of sports talk radio...have for years. I must say, I think Cowherd is the worst I have ever heard, on a national level.

The worst, IMO:

#1- Colin Cowherd (ESPN- simply the worst- which says a lot!)

#2- Todd Wright (overnight on ESPN for years, now on Sporting News Radio)

#3- Jason Smith (ESPN canned Wright, to replace him with this? Great...)

#4- David Stein (Sporting News Radio- all schtick, no substance, the ultimate weekend fill-in guy...the originater of such gems as "winner winner chicken dinner" which the pinheads at ESPN have stolen...Stein sucks, leave it to ESPN minor leaguers to pick up Steins' "bang"

#5- Jim Rome (syndicated- just a style thing I guess, he does decent interviews, but the rest of his show is unbearable)

#6- Dan Patrick (former ESPN, now Fox Sports Radio- like Rome, he is not completely without merit, but he just talks about himself way too much, to be entertaining, or informative...too many inside jokes, way too self loving for my taste!)

#7- Jim Valvano (weekend overnight guy on ESPN- sure he is a hell of a nice guy, but he has been doing the same tired show for years, doesn't have an interesting opinion on anything)

I've been listening to Todd tonight, and then switched to Jason and as usual, had to shut him off after three minutes.

He is actually number one, or at least tied with Cowherd (Jason is a nicer guy and Cowherd is a a$$ with some game). What do you possibly see wrong with Todd Wright??

I listen to a lot of sports talk radio...have for years. I must say, I think Cowherd is the worst I have ever heard, on a national level.

His best interview was with chris everett...

That is odd, isn't it? :thumbdown:

Personally, I'm not often in earshot when he's on. I'm grateful for that. I still think Buffalo would be better served with local programming in the 10-noon timeslot, and I've voiced that opinion to Andy on several occasions. However, I'm sure there are cost/benefit considerations, and possibly contractual obligations as an ESPN network affiliate, to consider.

Actually, I don't think any show is mandatory for an ESPN affiliate. 950 in Philly only has Mike and Mike, all the other guys are local as far as I can tell.

Rome is hilarious...personally I could listen to this dude 24/7 and the clones that call in with their takes...

You probably don't like him cause you called in once, got manual buzzered and got run 10 seconds into your call...

then you got mad while Rome talked about how and why you got run for like 5 minutes and told all the clones out there in Jungle land to either bring something a lot better than what you just brought or hang up the phone, further infuriating you...

War to Buftex getting run, Rome being on forever and Marshawn Lynch staying out of the ink blotter for an entire year...

Boom...outta here.....

Oh my Goodness!! GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!! Of all the dramatic things I have ever seen in my life!! This one has to be the most dramatic!!

Rome sucks he is just a loud dick who never really talks about sports that much. All he does is interviews but he never asks any good questions. His callers are never all that insightful either. I don't get the appeal at all.

Funny how a lot of you say he is unlistenable and he is horrible etc...but yet you know a lot about him :thumbdown:

No, not really. In order to form an opinion you have to spend some time listening to the show. What would be funny is if you knew a lot about him, but hadn't spent any time listening to him. We have 3 sports talk stations here in Dallas. I've spent time listening to all of them. Of the 3, ESPN is the station that offers a National perspective. Cowherd consistently made comments that were so idiotic that I actually found myself yelling at the radio in frustration. After the 3rd or 4th time, seriously, I said to myself that's enough of listening to this fool.

This is basically the same way I deal with the posts I read from AFCFAN1!!