Ask Tim Graham, version 2.0

Lori

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timbo:

1. Why do Bills fans always fall in love with these guys of very marginal talent that would have a hard time making any other tem? (example: Fred Jackson, Youboti, Brandon Spoon, Stamer, DiGiorgio, to name a few)

2. Have you met Rex Ryan? Is he as big a tool as he appears? Why did he keep Schottenheimer?

3. Do you golf?

4. Why do you never answer my questions?

Guest dog14787
Nope, still a club of one.

Big difference between a guy saying he prefers Jackson to Lynch and another saying there is zero proof Lynch is better than Jackson.

I'll respect a guy's opinion when he spells it out as just that and doesn't promote his attraction as irrefutable fact.

kind of like what you do with Marshawn you mean. :thumbsup:

I'm the head of the U.F.O.A and as unsavvy of a position as it may be, I have an image to uphold. As an observer it requires great skill and eye to Flat Screen capabilities so I can observe Marshwan the Linch pin Lynch slamming head long into opposing would be tackler's over and over and over again like a bowling ball seeking out bowling pins.( a small bowling ball, Big Pins )

Seriously, I love Marshawn, he's one of my favorite players, has been since we got him and I think he's a very gifted athlete. It doesn't surprise me that a good football analyst and sports writer that knows a promising football player when he see's one would stand behind him, but Marshawn Lynch has really let me down, he's let all of us down including his teammates.

I also really do like Fred Jackson allot, and how well Jackson fits into the scheme of things especially running the no huddle offense.

Yes, I posted it ( couldn't find it earlier) God forbid I would post something like that though, wanting proof, geeesh, what was I thinking. Ummm, maybe that nobody can explain why Lynch can't seem to get short yardage first downs when we need them, or get a 100 yard game when we need it. Or why Fred Jacksons situational stat Avgs are almost all higher than Lynchs or if you project Jacksons increase in carries to match Marshawns, Jacksons production would be higher. Especially yards from scrimmage. (see, I'm learning)

Big bad boone gave a good description of Lynch and Jackson's capabilities and I couldn't have said it any better,

Lynch's game is limited, and he's not the only one that feels that way, lots of folks do.

Enough of this - I think we'd all agree that the Bills would be better served if Lynch were availble for the MNF opener at New England!

Guest dog14787
Enough of this - I think we'd all agree that the Bills would be better served if Lynch were availble for the MNF opener at New England!

I agree :thumbsup:

Tim, great o-line article.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-9-5/R...e-overhaul.html

I have a question for you about the o-line. Let's assume for a moment that all five guys turn out to be, at minimum, NFL starter quality at the positions they will play this year, and that the two rookies start in the first game of the season. In that case, how long would you guess it would take for this line to come together and play as a unit?

Just asking for your best guess. Thanks.

Timbo:

1. Why do Bills fans always fall in love with these guys of very marginal talent that would have a hard time making any other tem? (example: Fred Jackson, Youboti, Brandon Spoon, Stamer, DiGiorgio, to name a few)

2. Have you met Rex Ryan? Is he as big a tool as he appears? Why did he keep Schottenheimer?

3. Do you golf?

4. Why do you never answer my questions?

1. Bills fans love the underdog. They symbolize what the city stands for. And they often find themselves in bigger roles than you might expect because the Bills don't spend as much money on their depth players as other teams. One injury, and a guy who might not make another team suddenly is starting.

2. I have met Rex Ryan several times and have found him to be disarmingly funny, self-effacing and brutally honest. Schottenheimer was under contract for one more year. Woody Johnson, Mike Tannenbaum and Ryan agreed it would be better for continuity to have him back. Schottenheimer is highly regarded in the NFL and will be a head coach soon, maybe next year.

3. I used to golf but haven't in about seven years.

4. I'm a coward.

Tim, great o-line article.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-9-5/R...e-overhaul.html

I have a question for you about the o-line. Let's assume for a moment that all five guys turn out to be, at minimum, NFL starter quality at the positions they will play this year, and that the two rookies start in the first game of the season. In that case, how long would you guess it would take for this line to come together and play as a unit?

Just asking for your best guess. Thanks.

That's all it would be -- a guess. There are so many X-factors involved with this group, especially with two rookies. But as mentioned in the story, the Packers had three of them starting three years ago and made it to the NFC title game in their second season together.

Throw in an O-line injury and everything is further out of whack.

The more I think about it, the more I can't even begin to guess. But I'd find it hard to believe they'll be good to go in Week 1.

And thanks for letting me know you liked the story. I figured of all the Bills rookies I could have spoken to this week, Wood and Levitre would be the most interesting.

Timbo, I for one am excited about the prospects for our OL. We've been dominated, especially up the middle, of the OL for the last few years. I think Hangarten is a huge upgrade at center, and I like the attitudes that Wood, Levitre, and Butler have. These are mean, tough guys. And you can't underestimate the advantage of having five smart guys on the OL, especially if we are going no huddle a significant amount of time.

I think we can be one of those "if all the stars align" teams like Arizona last year. Do you?

To borrow a phrase from "Hockey Hotline," if Fred Jackson gets the same amount of touches as Marshawn Lynch (barring injury) I'll make you a watch. So don't hold your breath about Jackson proving your theory correct.

But I'm picking Lynch anyway.

wHAT type of band are you going to use??

Not that I'm really interested.

That's all it would be -- a guess. There are so many X-factors involved with this group, especially with two rookies. But as mentioned in the story, the Packers had three of them starting three years ago and made it to the NFC title game in their second season together.

The more I think about it, the more I can't even begin to guess. But I'd find it hard to believe they'll be good to go in Week 1.

And thanks for letting me know you liked the story. I figured of all the Bills rookies I could have spoken to this week, Wood and Levitre would be the most interesting.

Yeah, they are so crucial to how well this team performs, and we know little of them beyond their college careers and your article.

By the way, I just read your article about America's team, and I loved "Consider the hoodie." Great writing.

I desperately wish the main thrust of the article was not true, but am convinced that you're right. Maybe we can knock a few fans off their bandwagon over the next few years.

It was very good work Tim. During the season, it would be great if you did a follow up.

As fans, we have to hope that these guys ae step 1 toward making the Bills a tough team. For us to win, we need these guys to develop into quality, professional guards, and even at that we have to address at least 1 OT spot next season in a major way.

That said, it really is great to have young blue chip guards on the roster for a change. If these guys are as good as I hope, fans will see a different mentality on this offense.

It was very good work Tim. During the season, it would be great if you did a follow up.

As fans, we have to hope that these guys ae step 1 toward making the Bills a tough team. For us to win, we need these guys to develop into quality, professional guards, and even at that we have to address at least 1 OT spot next season in a major way.

That said, it really is great to have young blue chip guards on the roster for a change. If these guys are as good as I hope, fans will see a different mentality on this offense.

I'm sure I'll be writing about Wood and Levitre throughout the season. I will be living in the Buffalo area, which means I'll be spending a lot of time in the Bills' locker room.

Yeah, they are so crucial to how well this team performs, and we know little of them beyond their college careers and your article.

By the way, I just read your article about America's team, and I loved "Consider the hoodie." Great writing.

I desperately wish the main thrust of the article was not true, but am convinced that you're right. Maybe we can knock a few fans off their bandwagon over the next few years.

Thanks, Thurman. I don't really have a strong feeling on America's Team, but I was asked to make the case for the Patriots for our Fourth of July package. I just had some fun with it.

M-80s or Cherry bombs?

so i'm a few days late

I've never been a fan of firecrackers or anything like that. I find it strange how people, over the course of a night, will light a few dozen of them. What's the payoff? They just want to hear a loud bang? Do they expect the seventh one to do something different than the first one, or the 10th, or the 14th?

I like a good fireworks show after a baseball game. The one the Philharmonic puts on after the Bisons game is spectacular.