Things are looking up for the GOP!

If the GOP keeps coming up with great ideas like this they'll be upgraded from third party status in no time!

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=hc111-121

CONCURRENT RESOLUTION

Encouraging the President to designate 2010 as ‘The National Year of the Bible’.

Whereas the Bible has had a profound impact in shaping America into a great Nation;

Whereas deep religious beliefs stemming from the Old and New Testament of the Bible have inspired Americans from all walks of life, especially the early settlers, whose faith, spiritual courage, and moral strength enabled them to endure intense hardships in this new land;

Whereas 2010 is an appropriate year to designate as ‘The National Year of the Bible’: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved by the House of Representatives (the Senate concurring), That the President is encouraged--

(1) to designate an appropriate year as ‘The National Year of the Bible’; and

(2) to issue a proclamation calling upon citizens of all faiths to rediscover and apply the priceless, timeless message of the Holy Scripture which has profoundly influenced and shaped the United States and its great democratic form of Government, as well as its rich spiritual heritage, and which has unified, healed, and strengthened its people for over 200 years.

Yeah, nothing says class like mocking peoples faith.

Yet if you made a statement about Jews you would be anti-semitic and all the people who claim that religions be damned would find the importance to defend them. Or, make a statement about race that's taboo and would command attention. Make a statement mocking homosexuals and the phobia monsters will rise up.

Why is it that only Christianity gives people the anger that should be appropriated for mass-murderers?

No hypocrisy here, move along.

Yet if you made a statement about Jews you would be anti-semitic and all the people who claim that religions be damned would find the importance to defend them. Or, make a statement about race that's taboo and would command attention. Make a statement mocking homosexuals and the phobia monsters will rise up.

Why is it that only Christianity gives people the anger that should be appropriated for mass-murderers?

No hypocrisy here, move along.

Oh, you poor Christians. Whaaaaaa.

Hello crazies (especially you Tom).. even thought you are all insane, I had return to post a link....

These are actual cover sheets to the daily intelligence briefings that Donald Rumsfeld presented to President Bush.

http://men.style.com/gq/features/topsecret

Viva la Jesus! All hail the leader of the republican party!

I always turn to GQ for my leaked TS/SCI information, too.

I hate cats.

On a morning from a Bogart movie

In a country where they turn back time

You go strolling through the crowd like Peter Lorre

Contemplating a crime