Bills let rookie wear #12 in rookie camp. WTF?

The Bill's shouldn't allow any player to wear #12 ever. I don't care if it is mini camp, rookie camp, summer camp.

The only way that number should be worn again is if Kelly and his "friends" become owners and Kelly gives someone permission to wear it.

The only way that number should be worn again is if Kelly and his "friends" become owners and Kelly gives someone permission to wear it.

Oh, Jim Kelly? I was thinking about Joe Ferguson! :thumbsup:

At least it wasn't Joe Dufek's #19.

:thumbsup:

Hillarious.

This kind of reminds me of when Flutie arrived at the Pro Bowl a week after Elway had finally won his first SB, after the '98 season. Flutie "teased" Elway that he would wear #7 in the game. Elway just laughed at him and walked away.

I could care less that some rookie or free agent wears a practice jersey with #12 on it. It's not like Edwards is going to tell Jimbo and the Bills organization that he has to wear #12 from now on or he won't play again. Kelly would just laugh at him and walk away.

Oh brother - WHO CARES ? A rookie wearing the sacred #12? We are DOOOOOMED - DOOOOOOOMED I say

Nobody in Chicago is wearing 23. Were not asking for the league to retire 12 (though they prolly will after Brady retires because of their lovefest) all were asking is that the current Bills staff respect the fact that when a number is retired you cant use it... even for rookie mini camp.

No its not the end of the world for all you sarcastic pricks its jsut a sign of respect tot he greatest leader this team has ever had.

Nobody in Chicago is wearing 23. Were not asking for the league to retire 12 (though they prolly will after Brady retires because of their lovefest) all were asking is that the current Bills staff respect the fact that when a number is retired you cant use it... even for rookie mini camp.

No its not the end of the world for all you sarcastic pricks its jsut a sign of respect tot he greatest leader this team has ever had.

2nd and 12 will for now on be referred to as "the down after a first and a loss of two."

I don't think the number 12 is retired...

I don't think any number can be officially retired. Sometimes you just don't touch it out of respect, and IIRC, since Jim retired, not a single person has worn it on the regular season roster.

However, when you're filling out an 80 man roster (or more considering we have 30 guys in for rookie tryouts) there's gonna be someone wearing it, at least for a weekend. Not a huge deal, at all, IMO.