Has Maybin picked his Jersey Number?

Think Maybin will play any linebacker?

With as fast as he is, and if his specialty is pass rushing, yep.

Would rather see him standing up moving around rushing until he bulks

up a bit.

BTW, forget what DJ said about him being only a lineman. No way he tips

his hat THIS early before even rookie camp started regarding how he will

use personnel.

:thumbsup: Sorry, sorry, sorry, :unsure: I missed Lori's link. ;) . Big bully!! I'm gonna have my cat knock yo' ass out!!

That'll teach you! How dare you skip Lori's posts.

Is it legal for a lineman to wear a number in the 50s?

'Cause I read in a remarkably well-written story that Jauron said he's definitely a defensive end.

Deffenders can technically wear any number they want. There is no rule. And on offense, linemen are suppose to wear numbers in the 50's-70's. all other numbers are seen as 'elligible' numbers. Or players that can directly progress the ball forward. Thats why when an extra olineman enters the game, he must report as an elligible reciever, even though he has an oline number (50-79). This player must report before every play and then must line up in an elligible position.

Deffenders can technically wear any number they want. There is no rule. And on offense, linemen are suppose to wear numbers in the 50's-70's. all other numbers are seen as 'elligible' numbers. Or players that can directly progress the ball forward. Thats why when an extra olineman enters the game, he must report as an elligible reciever, even though he has an oline number (50-79). This player must report before every play and then must line up in an elligible position.

Here's the actual rule. http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/index.ns...nts/0-jers-nums

The league just made an exception for Devin Hester saying that he doesn't have to change from a DB number to a WR number. There's fear that this ruling might open a can of worms.

Dont numbers in the 50's belong to LB's, Just wondering? Could some sort of hybrid 3-4 defense be in the works for this year? Maybe an idea would be to switch between a 4-3 to a 3-4 defense on the fly to confuse offenses, not sure but a DE with the number 58 sounds a little strange??? :unsure:

Dont numbers in the 50's belong to LB's, Just wondering? Could some sort of hybrid 3-4 defense be in the works for this year? Maybe an idea would be to switch between a 4-3 to a 3-4 defense on the fly to confuse offenses, not sure but a DE with the number 58 sounds a little strange??? :unsure:

Similar thread was already done before. Trent Cole, Derrick Burgess and a couple other DE's wear numbers in the 50's. The numbering system isn't really *THAT* stringent. Guys in the front 7 on D can technically wear anything from 50-79 and 90-99, as those are considered the "ineligible" numbers for offense.

Similar thread was already done before. Trent Cole, Derrick Burgess and a couple other DE's wear numbers in the 50's. The numbering system isn't really *THAT* stringent. Guys in the front 7 on D can technically wear anything from 50-79 and 90-99, as those are considered the "ineligible" numbers for offense.

you got a link for that rule change? Only LBs and Cs have been allowed to wear any number from 50-59 since 1973..every link I've seen to the numbering rules says so