Bills to run no-huddle next year?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love just about everything about that, for many reasons. There were many times last year I was screaming at the Bills to go no-huddle. A team doesn't have to use it exclusively, but using it in the right situations would be awesome. If Trent is as smart as he is supposed to be, the play calling should be better, too.

BTW, 2003, It's probably best to post an excerpt, and not the entire article. Just sayin'

But, thanks for the heads-up, as I missed the article. Good job, Mr, Graham, too.

EDIT: "droptastic Robert Royal"...beautiful! :flirt:

Makes sense to me, that is when Trent is at his best. Trent really seems to turn it on whenever we run the two minute o, so I hope to see the K Gun back in action. I remember Trent did run some no huddle in his first NFL game vrs the Pats, so he deff can handle the pressure.

I cant remember where I heard this or read it. But I recall hearing that the Bills had a no huddle offense in place last pre-season and things were working well. The only problem was that with a new OC, and OLcoach they had to scrap it once Peters returned to the team. The word is that the offensive play calls and terminology was different on the line from previous years and Peters couldnt pick it up for us to use it last season. Flame away if you will, but im sure I heard or read this at some point just after the season ended.

I cant remember where I heard this or read it. But I recall hearing that the Bills had a no huddle offense in place last pre-season and things were working well. The only problem was that with a new OC, and OLcoach they had to scrap it once Peters returned to the team. The word is that the offensive play calls and terminology was different on the line from previous years and Peters couldnt pick it up for us to use it last season. Flame away if you will, but im sure I heard or read this at some point just after the season ended.

I was under the impression they DIDN'T change terminology, as Turk decided to keep things consistent from the previous years.

The real key to the success of the no huddle is letting you QB call his own plays, from a shortened play list. People always claim the league figured out the no huddle after the first year, but It was really a case of the coaching staff slowing down the sequence of plays to be able to call them from the sideline which allowed defenses time to substitue. The idea was to give our D more time to rest as we were scoring so quickly, or if we went three out the D was back on the field in about 15 minutes real time. To be truly sucessful you need an aggressive, gambling D that can get right back off the field. If you give up a score you have to rely on the O to get it back. And if your D is agressive that leads to turnovers and you O is in the endzone again or the D scores. If you don't believe me compare games from 1990 and 1991. In 90 we were running plays every 15-20 seconds. In 91 it was every 35-40. Huge difference. Also you have to be solid against the run, otherwise you have long drives by the opponent and their D gets rested. I would love to see it reborn.