The "Elite" speak from WNY

On the national level, it is no better, except 180 degrees... You do reap what you sow, that is why I am not distraught about the prez. election.

103237[/snapback]

How is something "no better, except 180 degrees"? Wouldn't 180 degrees be the opposite of "no better"?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...did they ever think that maybe it was attitudes like this that caused them to lose in the first place? How can anyone support a Party that tells the constituent "vote for me because you are too stupid to do anything yourself. I am better than you, so you must vote for me."

Nope, their loss was strictly due to the stupidity of the voters.  :D

103170[/snapback]

55 million voters???? With a 3.5 victory margin (lowest since Carter's victory... And of cousre the upsidedown 2000) and lowest electoral number since Woodrow Wilson... (thats when we had 48 states and a lot lower pop... :blink::huh: ).

The only people/voters that the dems are out of touch with is a NET difference of 3.5 million

Why change your message?... Kinda like throwing the baby out with the bath water... As the republican regimes drag on, time will be ripe again... I don't mind taking a half step backward to gain five someday.

Yes... You still can't sell out your ideals and people.

Time will be ripe again someday.  Until then you take your lumps.

103265[/snapback]

Their message was that people are stupid, and that they need to vote Democrat because they are too stupid to know what is best for them. Yup, why change that line of thinking. Just stick with race baiting and class warfare :D

"We need to funnel more dollars to education so people are taught analytical, critical-thinking tools and being creative -- all those things that are central to my value system," she said.

102339[/snapback]

"My" value system? Does she realize that she just put herself on the same footing as the people she dispises?

Their message was that people are stupid, and that they need to vote Democrat because they are too stupid to know what is best for them. Yup, why change that line of thinking. Just stick with race baiting and class warfare  :D

103275[/snapback]

That is not their message. If you believe that, then your insecurity is showing.

Nothing wrong with class warfare. Changed a lot of POV's throughout history.

You must have a lot to lose?

Don't worry, we'll be checking for hand callouses soon. Doesn't matter how you get them... :blink::huh:

That is not their message.  If you believe that, then your insecurity is showing.

Nothing wrong with class warfare.  Changed a lot of POV's throughout history.

You must have a lot to lose?

Don't worry, we'll be checking for hand callouses soon.  Doesn't matter how you get them... :D  :blink:

103484[/snapback]

Try reading the quotes, and then get back to me.

I just didn't think there were many or any uppity liberals in WNY.  Nothing to really be uppity about.

:D  :D

Unless uppity means pride over outrageously high taxes, medicare and energy costs.

:blink:

103537[/snapback]

See that where people "miss the boat" and construe it as uppity. Same with NE. Take everything into play, high cost of living, energy, taxes, what not... It is one of the "poorest" places to live.

The struggle to work hard and buy nice things and a better life get misinterpreted as being uppity.

I guess people felt the same way about "lace curtain" Irish.

It is all in the preception.

On another note... Energy costs... Cold northern winters... Road maintenance and what not... Who picks up the bill for a harder working life?

It is all about geography.

"I did not feel this bad when I lost my own election," says former Democratic state Sen. Rick Dollinger. "I'm asking myself how it is that I seem so divorced in my thinking from the average American."

102339[/snapback]

A few weeks back Dollinger was the defense lawyer in a case at the Hall of Justice, when I was dismissed from consideration as a juror. (Thenk Kew!)

He spoke down to the jury box like he was speaking to 5 years olds, and he was a sage. Freaking Mr. Rogers goes to court! Can you say "pissant"?

He came across as a condescending elitist POS.

If he is the measure we use, I am happy to be "the average American" by his definition.

A few weeks back Dollinger was the defense lawyer in a case at the Hall of Justice, when I was dismissed from consideration as a juror. (Thenk Kew!)

He spoke down to the jury box like he was speaking to 5 years olds, and he was a sage. Freaking Mr. Rogers goes to court! Can you say "pissant"?

He came across as a condescending elitist POS.

If he is the measure we use, I am happy to be "the average American" by his definition.

103581[/snapback]

With all due respect Tom. It is all in the eyes of the beholder. I try not to take things personally.

People usually lash out when emotional. They take their fustrations out with ridicule. Some people do it more elequently than others.

I take it all at face value and attempt to see the underside of it.