The "Elite" speak from WNY

Rochester Democrat and Chronicle

Elmira Star Gazette

Selected quotes:

"I say the same thing to myself," says Peter Mott of Pittsford, a long-time activist for peace and social justice causes. "I do think that people are smart enough, but they often don't have the information they need."

"I did not feel this bad when I lost my own election," says former Democratic state Sen. Rick Dollinger. "I'm asking myself how it is that I seem so divorced in my thinking from the average American."

"I think over the last five or six elections, the Democratic candidates have been head and shoulders more intelligent," says former Rochester City Councilman Gary Muldoon.

"I feel like I really don't understand (Bush supporters)," says Elaine Spaull, director of the Center for Youth Services. "I feel like an alien in my own country."

"Part of me wants to just give up on the whole political process," said Morton, a writer, artist and longtime peace activist. "Part of me just wants to go live in Europe. Truly, that is something I'm considering."

"I just knew that Florida would go the opposite direction. People need to keep themselves better informed."

"I feel like not only now do I have to save my own country, but I have to save the world from my country," she said. "My first thing is maybe we should move to the middle of the country and start educating people, getting the literacy rates up and get people to stop watching Fox TV."

"I used to be afraid of the big global corporations, whose allegiance was to the almighty dollar. But now I realize that in order for that to work, they have to have an KzooMike populace."

"We need to funnel more dollars to education so people are taught analytical, critical-thinking tools and being creative -- all those things that are central to my value system," she said.

"I'm ready to cry for this country," he said. "I'm very upset. I think we're in for four years we're going to regret. As an educator, I'm so depressed. I'm not impressed with the intelligence level of a lot of people."

"I don't know what the Democrats can do besides hoping to improve the educational level of voters," he said.

"I feel like a doomsayer right now," he said. "I don't know where people get their optimism."

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Elmira Star Gazette

Selected quotes:

"I say the same thing to myself," says Peter Mott of Pittsford, a long-time activist for peace and social justice causes. "I do think that people are smart enough, but they often don't have the information they need."

"I did not feel this bad when I lost my own election," says former Democratic state Sen. Rick Dollinger. "I'm asking myself how it is that I seem so divorced in my thinking from the average American."

"I think over the last five or six elections, the Democratic candidates have been head and shoulders more intelligent," says former Rochester City Councilman Gary Muldoon.

"I feel like I really don't understand (Bush supporters)," says Elaine Spaull, director of the Center for Youth Services. "I feel like an alien in my own country."

"Part of me wants to just give up on the whole political process," said Morton, a writer, artist and longtime peace activist. "Part of me just wants to go live in Europe. Truly, that is something I'm considering."

"I just knew that Florida would go the opposite direction. People need to keep themselves better informed."

"I feel like not only now do I have to save my own country, but I have to save the world from my country," she said. "My first thing is maybe we should move to the middle of the country and start educating people, getting the literacy rates up and get people to stop watching Fox TV."

"I used to be afraid of the big global corporations, whose allegiance was to the almighty dollar. But now I realize that in order for that to work, they have to have an KzooMike populace."

"We need to funnel more dollars to education so people are taught analytical, critical-thinking tools and being creative -- all those things that are central to my value system," she said.

"I'm ready to cry for this country," he said. "I'm very upset. I think we're in for four years we're going to regret. As an educator, I'm so depressed. I'm not impressed with the intelligence level of a lot of people."

"I don't know what the Democrats can do besides hoping to improve the educational level of voters," he said.

"I feel like a doomsayer right now," he said. "I don't know where people get their optimism."

102339[/snapback]

Elite or not, nearly half the country is thinking just about the same things. Laughing about it does not make it less true, nor does it make the country any less divided.

LMAO!!! You could spend all day on this batch of idiots.

But this one is my favorite....

Yup....gotta do something about all those illiterate people in the Mid West! Apparently those one room school houses just aren't doing the job anymore. :unsure:

Maybe she can recruit some of the 60% of high school drop outs who voted for Kerry to help out.

Elmira Star Gazette

Selected quotes:

102339[/snapback]

In summation: "It's just too damned bad that everyone isn't as smart as I am, those poor ignоrant fools."

Next step is: "I know what's best for them. Let me just tell them what to do."

LMAO!!!  You could spend all day on this batch of idiots.

But this one is my favorite....

Yup....gotta do something about all those illiterate people in the Mid West!  Apparently those one room school houses just aren't doing the job anymore.  :unsure:

Maybe she can recruit some of the 60% of high school drop outs who voted for Kerry to help out.

102351[/snapback]

KD -

Maybe I should move back to Old Greenwich and they can teach us together!

LOL @ the 'elites' in Western New York.

Elite at what? Living in one of the most downtroden parts of the United States? Ensuring that the economic downward spiral continues indefinitely?

People in WNY should try getting something right before they talk junk about the rest of America.

LOL @ the 'elites' in Western New York.

Elite at what?  Living in one of the most downtroden parts of the United States?  Ensuring that the economic downward spiral continues indefinitely? 

People in WNY should try getting something right before they talk junk about the rest of America.

102379[/snapback]

There's really nothing better than WNYers talking about how great President Clinton was when the area completely missed the boom economy. Idiots.

Elite or not, nearly half the country is thinking just about the same things.  Laughing about it does not make it less true, nor does it make the country any less divided.

102348[/snapback]

That's why I advocate the break-up of the Union. We don't want you any more than you want us. :unsure:

To be honest, that sounds good to me at this point.  Just remember, the country is NOT divided.

102405[/snapback]

Yes G.F. Us liberals should roll up our sleeves, pick up a bible, and get behind our president. After all, 53% of the vote is a "mandate". Let's all unify behind our great leader.

There's really nothing better than WNYers talking about how great President Clinton was when the area completely missed the boom economy.  Idiots.

102390[/snapback]

Two of Buffalo's favorite pasttimes these days.

1. Talking about how great Clinton was and the Democrats are.

2. Talking to their kids long distance because they've all moved away.

There's really nothing better than WNYers talking about how great President Clinton was when the area completely missed the boom economy.  Idiots.

102390[/snapback]

No stevestojan!

I thought the quote about moving to Europe was the best...Buh-bye :wacko:

Elmira Star Gazette

Selected quotes:

102339[/snapback]

Hmmm...did they ever think that maybe it was attitudes like this that caused them to lose in the first place? How can anyone support a Party that tells the constituent "vote for me because you are too stupid to do anything yourself. I am better than you, so you must vote for me."

Nope, their loss was strictly due to the stupidity of the voters. :D