Casselry on Shawn Nelson

Justice

I was just watching Tuesday's episode of Path to the draft. Casselry selected Nelson has is great day 2 draft pick. Here's some of what he said.

Nelson's a great receiving threat at tight end.

No defense, unless they have a great cover safety, can cover Nelson with a linebacker.

Evans can't be left alone one on one or he will beat you bad and combine that with Owens on the other side and Nelson will reap the benefits of all that attention being taken away and have a field day.

He also said Nelson will be of help to the blocking game.

I sure hope he's right.

Wouldn't it be cool if this guy was a stud? Our offense might actually scare some people.

Our offense on Paper does scare people hence, the AFC east Picks of all the best Corners, can it translate to the field we will see....

The Bills upgraded the interior of their O line in the draft and free agency because of Kris Jenkins and the other NT's in the AFC East. It must have been very embarrassing for Jauron to see both guards and the center try to block the guy in that first Jet game and utterly fail, yea he beat triple blocking on him.

They lost their best O linemen in Peters,who was amazing when he had a full camp and Dockery who was good but not worth his price tag. It was paying Dockery and Walker the big money that made Peters upset and demand more $$. So after trading Peters and drafting some new guards and some player shifting the Bills feel they will have an adequate line this season.

If this years offensive play calls are anything like last season that line needs to have improved,if not it will be very difficult to have Trent Edwards stay healthy,or any QB the Bills field for that matter.

So yea, the Bills might have found a gem in Nelson, I'm just hoping Edwards stays healthy long enough to get some passes his way.

FWIW, Mike Mayock was really high on Nelson as well. I was listening to him talk about Nelson at the Senior Bowl practices and he was raving about how Nelson showed himself to be a willing and better than anticipated blocker. He really performed well was what Mayock was saying, as an all around TE.

Personally, I think that Nelson is going to be our steal coming out of this draft. Te be able to still snag him in the 4th was HUGE. After day 1 I had resigned to the fact that we weren't going to upgrade the TE position. Boy was I wrong. I was thrilled when we got him where we did. I also believe that he WILL make an impact this year and that he will be our primary, every down TE.

If they are covering him with a safety, they aren't using a linebacker... This quote is self-contradicting...

I believe he was saying unless teams have a great cover safety they use their LBs to cover TEs

If they are covering him with a safety, they aren't using a linebacker... This quote is self-contradicting...

The quote is redundant not self contradicting.

from,

The Department of Redundancy Department.

I was just watching Tuesday's episode of Path to the draft. Casselry selected Nelson has is great day 2 draft pick. Here's some of what he said.

Nelson's a great receiving threat at tight end.

No defense, unless they have a great cover safety, can cover Nelson with a linebacker.

Evans can't be left alone one on one or he will beat you bad and combine that with Owens on the other side and Nelson will reap the benefits of all that attention being taken away and have a field day.

He also said Nelson will be of help to the blocking game.

I sure hope he's right.

And to think that just last week, Casserly was being zapped by some here on TSW, as a doink who was canned by WAS and did squat with HOU....how things change!

:doh:

FWIW, Mike Mayock was really high on Nelson as well. I was listening to him talk about Nelson at the Senior Bowl practices and he was raving about how Nelson showed himself to be a willing and better than anticipated blocker. He really performed well was what Mayock was saying, as an all around TE.

Personally, I think that Nelson is going to be our steal coming out of this draft. Te be able to still snag him in the 4th was HUGE. After day 1 I had resigned to the fact that we weren't going to upgrade the TE position. Boy was I wrong. I was thrilled when we got him where we did. I also believe that he WILL make an impact this year and that he will be our primary, every down TE.

So do we like Mayock now or do we still think he is an idiot because he criticized the Maybin pick? :doh:

If Nelson can live up to his billing as a great pass-catching threat, I think it's time the Bills really focus on getting Lynch and Jackson some catches out of the backfield. If they're putting safeties and corners on TO and Lee, and an additional LB on Nelson, it's going to open up some room for the RBs coming out of the backfield.

If Nelson can live up to his billing as a great pass-catching threat, I think it's time the Bills really focus on getting Lynch and Jackson some catches out of the backfield. If they're putting safeties and corners on TO and Lee, and an additional LB on Nelson, it's going to open up some room for the RBs coming out of the backfield.

This team doesn't know how to throw the ball to the rb's I sure wish someone figured it out though...hint hint turk rb's as a wr should be a part of your gameplan