Michael Vick offered job playing football in NYS

I don't think the Albany Firebirds even exist anymore. I thought they became Arena 2 Albany Conquest??? I may be wrong but I lived in the area and I know the firebirds left and the conquest came in.

The Albany Conquest of AFL 2 renamed themselves the albany firebirds going into this season. Hence the confusion.

The owner, Walt Robb, is not only a shrewd businessman, he also is a firm believer that character counts. When he heard about this deal, he put the cabash on it immediately. Another reason was that Vick is on house arrest and would continue to be through most of their season. When all was said and done, he would have only been eligible to play in their last game, which is an away game. Deal made no sense on several levels.

The owner, Walt Robb, is not only a shrewd businessman, he also is a firm believer that character counts. When he heard about this deal, he put the cabash on it immediately. Another reason was that Vick is on house arrest and would continue to be through most of their season. When all was said and done, he would have only been eligible to play in their last game, which is an away game. Deal made no sense on several levels.

So...he managed to get his and his team's name (previously anonymous to everyone) on the front of every sports page in the country and make himself out to be a moral pillar by 'rejecting' the idea??

Shrewd businessman indeed! :thumbsup: