I always defend WGR...

ans4e64

I'm with you on informed which is why I hate all the attempts(with attempts being the key word) at being funny on WGR.

With all the information available via the internet, I am surprised that anyone looks to talk radio for information. No one ever says anything of consequence while being interviewed anyway and none of the hosts hold themselves to be any more informed then a well read fan so I am not sure what people are really looking for.

Personally, I look to be entertained and sometimes I am, and other times I look elsewhere.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same

With that said I still hate Mike Schopp and wish he would leave sports radio in Buffalo.

Agreed.............

Schoop is not a very good sports radio guy for Buffalo, he sucks! I'm surprised WGR keeps him on the air.

CAN'T STAND THE BUTT MUNCHER I DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO TUNE WGR IN.I LIKED THE "COACH" CHUCK DICKERSON A LOT BETTER LOT MORE INTERESTING TO LISTEN TO.HOWARD SIMON IS GOOD BUT HE IS ON WAY TO EARLY FOR MY BLOOD.

Now there's a guy with an agenda

With all the information available via the internet, I am surprised that anyone looks to talk radio for information. No one ever says anything of consequence while being interviewed anyway and none of the hosts hold themselves to be any more informed then a well read fan so I am not sure what people are really looking for.

Personally, I look to be entertained and sometimes I am, and other times I look elsewhere.

I totally agree. I am looking to be entertained. How much can you talk about the same thing over and over, be it the Sabres power play or Peters' contract, etc. After hearing everybody's opinion once, I am done with that subject.

The Coach definitely had an agenda. The only time I wanted to listen to him was after a Bills loss, when my vitriol would actually match his, and it was cathartic.

In all honesty Mike Schopp is the worst talk show host I have ever heard, in any format, in any part of the country.

Just because he may know the score of the 5th game of the 1985 World Series does not make him a talk show host.

He is the only host I have ever heard who finds it beneath him to respond to the common greeting " How ya doing today?" Good thing the "Lapdog" is there.

The guy is just unlikable, the show is unlistenable. Instead of tuning in, becoming annoyed and tuning out- I simply do not tune in anymore.

Life is too short to listen to this miserable meglomaniac.

I don't have the energy to read through 12 pages of posts so please forgive me if this has already been stated. I've heard Shoop, on a few occasions as of late, preface a comment about the Bills with something like, "If I liked this team I'd ..." or "I'm not a fan of the Bills, but..."

It seems as if he has a real disdain for the organization (maybe dating back to the Donohoe era).

I think that WGR would be better suited having a fan of the (by far, no disrespect Sabres' fans) #1 team in the area on the afternoon drive team.

He sure is a long way from the days of "sports talk for smart people."

I don't have the energy to read through 12 pages of posts so please forgive me if this has already been stated. I've heard Shoop, on a few occasions as of late, preface a comment about the Bills with something like, "If I liked this team I'd ..." or "I'm not a fan of the Bills, but..."

It seems as if he has a real disdain for the organization (maybe dating back to the Donohoe era).

I think that WGR would be better suited having a fan of the (by far, no disrespect Sabres' fans) #1 team in the area on the afternoon drive team.

He sure is a long way from the days of "sports talk for smart people."

With the passionate Buffalo fanbase, I just don't understand how you can put someone up there in radio who could care less about how well the Bills do. To me, that says a lot about Andy Roth and WGR as a whole, and what they care about.

You don't have to like the Bills to be a good talk show host. I don't want to hear a "homer", either.

Schopp's problem is that he is a condescending, arrogant, perfectionist who thinks and acts as if he is much smarter than he is.

People don't listen to people they don't like and I have yet to meet anyone that likes him.

He is the only host I have ever heard who finds it beneath him to respond to the common greeting " How ya doing today?" Good thing the "Lapdog" is there.

Actually, he's not the only one - I've heard other national talk hosts (Alan Colmes comes to mind) get annoyed when the caller is introduced and says How you doing? Both S & B usually give some annoyed answer - like you know how we're doing, the same as we told the last caller, etc., and like I said I've heard others do it.

What is so stupid is that the caller is not really wondering how they are doing. If Mike is so smart (and I am one of the few hear who enjoy the show) - how does he not know that that is just another way of saying Hi.........You walk down the street, and people say Hi, or How ya doing, or How's it going?.............Like Jim Rome says - even if you Dad just died, you just say good and keep going. Nobody really wants to know how you're doing.

Yet, they make a federal case about it, like the callers are so stupid, when it's them that are stupid to not know it's just a polite salutation, not a real question. Mike - we could care less how you're doing!

Actually, he's not the only one - I've heard other national talk hosts (Alan Colmes comes to mind) get annoyed when the caller is introduced and says How you doing? Both S & B usually give some annoyed answer - like you know how we're doing, the same as we told the last caller, etc., and like I said I've heard others do it.

What is so stupid is that the caller is not really wondering how they are doing. If Mike is so smart (and I am one of the few hear who enjoy the show) - how does he not know that that is just another way of saying Hi.........You walk down the street, and people say Hi, or How ya doing, or How's it going?.............Like Jim Rome says - even if you Dad just died, you just say good and keep going. Nobody really wants to know how you're doing.

Yet, they make a federal case about it, like the callers are so stupid, when it's them that are stupid to not know it's just a polite salutation, not a real question. Mike - we could care less how you're doing!

How are you an Undrafted Free Agent after 700+ posts?

Why is Schopp still on the air?

That's a very popular question it seems.

Perhaps Entercom's thinks their dumbing down format is a very bright idea.

That combined with maybe they signed Schopp to a long term deal due to being wrongly impressed by his less than impressive subbing on ESPN radio a few years back.

We take talk radio here personally and of course to Entercom it's just profit or loss.

So we lose.

How are you an Undrafted Free Agent after 700+ posts?

I don't even know how that works - I've been on this board for at least ten years, so maybe it's about frequency of posts?