Wood & Levitre were the Bills best picks by a country mile!

I see Chambers being more involved in the mix than others on this board do. I believe that the Bills have faith in Bell to eventually take over at LT, but Chambers is their guy for the moment. Chambers did fill in admirably, although not spectacularly for Peters the past 2 seasons.

I see it breaking down like this.

LT-Chambers

LG-Wood

C-Hangarter

RG-Butler/Levitre

RT-Walker

Depth- Bell, Levitre

I think the Bills love Butler which is why they gave him a new contract. I know a lot of people are going to want Levitre in the starting mix right away (maybe rightfully so.) but I see the Bills working him in here and there. Levitre is probably the most versatile lineman of their group, having played every position but C.

GO BILLS!

Love the fact cheap shot Wilfork may actually pay for the late hits on Bills QB's.

I don't think Wilfork is worried about facing off against the trio of Levitre, Hangarter and Wood.

He's actually probably looking forward to it.

I don't think Wilfork is worried about facing off against the trio of Levitre, Hangarter and Wood.

Yeah because he would rather go against BIG, NASTY young studs than older smaller guys with NO NADS. I lost all respect for the Bills O-line when they let Wilfork get away with that hit on Losman. I seriously doubt Wilfork & the Pats* will enjoy playing the Bills this year even if they win the game.

Yeah because he would rather go against BIG, NASTY young studs than older smaller guys with NO NADS. I lost all respect for the Bills O-line when they let Wilfork get away with that hit on Losman. I seriously doubt Wilfork & the Pats* will enjoy playing the Bills this year even if they win the game.

Yeah, I wish I could've seen Bellifag muttering under his breath in frustration when we picked Wood.

:w00t::rolleyes:

I have a feeling Wood & Levitre will be fixtures on the interior for the next 7-10 years. No more mid to late round picks or crappy FA's(Preston, Reyes, Teague, Anderson, Pennington, Whittle, Fowler, Merz, Geisinger, Sobieski, Pucillo, etc...) brought in to try and fix interior line problem. Whether it be at guard or center, I'll be very surprised if they are not both on the field starting on opening day.

This hopefully marks the end of Levy's "stop-gap era" that replaced Donahoe's total failure. Other stop-gap players = Price, Royal, A-train, Andre Davis, etc. We also had: no real QB. I have said that we needed to replace each of those guys and we finally have.

I think that nobody honestly realizes/remembers just how bad this team was at the end of the 2005 season. We had holes everywhere = the entire O line, the entire secondary(- Clements), most of the D line, WR, TE. The wins we got were due to our LBs, our punter, and a few flashes from our RB. I'll say it again, with that many holes, we had to take the best player available at every pick = the O/D lines weren't the only problem, not even close, and the McCargo trade up was a desperation move. Everything since 2006 was a desperation move. Finally this year we had a chance to draft like a normal team, and the results speak for themselves.

No doubt LB! I confess to also liking the fact that Maybin has all this upside. He could really turn onto something special, especially after Jauron is fired.

Why do you want the guy(s) who did exactly what you wanted them to do fired? Would you rather have Gruden come in here and start schit with Trent Edwards and/or draft/sign 4 QBs? Would you rather have Shanahan come in here and draft under-sized O lineman and no defensive line? You hate drafting CBs, right? Tony Dungy would draft more than DJ. Holmgren will draft Tight Ends, WRs and QBs in the first 2 rounds, you want that?

Be careful what you wish for Bill, you just might get it! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I wish I could've seen Bellifag muttering under his breath in frustration when we picked Wood.

:w00t::rolleyes:

Word is the Steelers are doing some muttering over that pick as well.

Our running game has sufferd because we could not make holes, especially in goal-to-go situations. If these guys are as good as advertised Lynch, Jackson and Rhodes will be running wild in '09.

PTR

This is wishful thinking at its pinnacle. I guess this is the second silliest time of the season (next to training camp) when fans across the nation entertain dreams of football glory.

The reality is that there is very low probability of Wood and Levitre both starting. Secondly, this isn't college anymore. Rookie OL usually get schooled badly by the experienced DLs in this league. Even the premium OL draftees get beaten regularly. The Bills draftees are not premium draftees. (i.e. top 20) These draftees are more like top 70.

This does not translate instantly into running game success.

The OL will be totally new as a unit and it takes a considerable amount of time to find a working rhythm together. These delusions of grandeur on this board are understandable from a fan base desperate for success after many years of futility, but the fact remains this is a serious work in progress and the competition has improved at least as much or more than the Bills.

There is hope for the line down the road, but for now the expectations are way out of proportion to reality.

Why do you want the guy(s) who did exactly what you wanted them to do fired? Would you rather have Gruden come in here and start schit with Trent Edwards and/or draft/sign 4 QBs? Would you rather have Shanahan come in here and draft under-sized O lineman and no defensive line? You hate drafting CBs, right? Tony Dungy would draft more than DJ. Holmgren will draft Tight Ends, WRs and QBs in the first 2 rounds, you want that?

Be careful what you wish for Bill, you just might get it! :rolleyes:

In a word.....Schottenheimer. :w00t:

This is wishful thinking at its pinnacle. I guess this is the second silliest time of the season (next to training camp) when fans across the nation entertain dreams of football glory.

The reality is that there is very low probability of Wood and Levitre both starting. Secondly, this isn't college anymore. Rookie OL usually get schooled badly by the experienced DLs in this league. Even the premium OL draftees get beaten regularly. The Bills draftees are not premium draftees. (i.e. top 20) These draftees are more like top 70.

This does not translate instantly into running game success.

The OL will be totally new as a unit and it takes a considerable amount of time to find a working rhythm together. These delusions of grandeur on this board are understandable from a fan base desperate for success after many years of futility, but the fact remains this is a serious work in progress and the competition has improved at least as much or more than the Bills.

There is hope for the line down the road, but for now the expectations are way out of proportion to reality.

I agree it will take time for the line to develop chemistry, however the Bills did not do bad running the ball last year & the line this year is a HUGE upgrade over last year, Rookies or not. If these draftees are top 70, last years team was undrafted free agents.

Noooooooooooooooooooo! Don't even say it. Knock on some wood, throw salt, whatever. I don't think we could stand losing poorly in the playoffs 4 years in a row...uh...wait.....

After the last 10 years, I would LOVE the opportunity to see the Bills lose 4 Super Bowls in a row again. :rolleyes:

He's pissing his pants right now at the mere thought of sqauring up against any combination of Wood, Levitre, Hangartner. Wood plays nasty. He's a DT in an OG body.

GO BILLS!!!