McShay just gave us the best draft

This team should be adding size and depth to its front seven. It also needs a starting LT. Until those issues are addressed, WE WILL CONTINUE TO SUCK. Jauron, Alpha and Co. fail to realize this.

you are wrong

we added a DE that weighs 237 - (but he's really really fast)

we added a S that weighs more than Maybin- that we think we can convert to LB but he sucked playing there at the Senior Bowl

we totally ignored the DTs.

clearly we are aggressively making the front 7 bigger, stronger and tougher

or not :thumbsup:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just noting for the record that Walker looked better at LT in his two starts their last season than Peters did the entire season. I don't think Walker is a bad fit at LT, nor is Chambers for that matter. Our line is already better now after the draft than it was at any point last season. No matter what this team does people on this board without fail will say it was a failure. I don't think this team is perfect. I have frequently complained along with others when they have done stupid things, but I don't see why people who find everything this team does to be wrong even stay fans. No one minds when a person wants to question what the team does, but when that is all you do, that becomes a problem.

Just noting for the record that Walker looked better at LT in his two starts their last season than Peters did the entire season. I don't think Walker is a bad fit at LT, nor is Chambers for that matter. Our line is already better now after the draft than it was at any point last season. No matter what this team does people on this board without fail will say it was a failure. I don't think this team is perfect. I have frequently complained along with others when they have done stupid things, but I don't see why people who find everything this team does to be wrong even stay fans. No one minds when a person wants to question what the team does, but when that is all you do, that becomes a problem.

Walker is too fat and slow to play LT for the long term

He can not match up with speed rushers which he will see most weeks in 2009 - unlike in 2008 when he played LT.

If he plays LT, the Bills will be using an extra player next to him to control the damage

they would be better off using Butler there

This team should be adding size and depth to its front seven. It also needs a starting LT. Until those issues are addressed, WE WILL CONTINUE TO SUCK. Jauron, Alpha and Co. fail to realize this.

What? We had one of the biggest O LInes in football, in fact, I think it was the biggest...and it wasnt good enough despite the size and money we spent on it...

A couple years ago our O line was terrible, they go out and spend on two of the top OL in FA in Dockery and Walker that year hoping to have shored it up for a long time...it looked good then, but unfortunately Dockery didnt pan out. Now we shed the dead weight, sign Hangrove, and draft 2 stud OL players.

We also went out and drafted Maybin, plus in recent past we traded for Stroud, resigned Schobel, signed Spencer, drafterd McCargo, etc, etc...

They have CLEARLY been trying to build our lines...some moves have been very good, and some didnt work out, but none the less, we have clearly been actively trying to shore up both lines the last few years...

Walker is too fat and slow to play LT for the long term

He can not match up with speed rushers which he will see most weeks in 2009 - unlike in 2008 when he played LT.

If he plays LT, the Bills will be using an extra player next to him to control the damage

they would be better off using Butler there

What? He started at LT against the Seahawks last year who have one of the best pass rushing DEs in the league on that side of the ball. Walker shut him down. Butler's natural position is RT, which he played opposite D'Brick at UVa. My guess is that Butler will be at RT to start the season and Walker and Chambers will split time at LT.

Not trying to be arrogant or sarcastic, but do you think Walker can hold up for an entire season working alone at LT? I honestly don't think so.

Walker and Chambers will need help if required to play on an island as neither has the lateral mobility to adequately handle speed rushers. With Freeney, Peppers, and some rush LB's, it's going to be necessary to put a TE on the left and chip with the RB.

If Walker was a solid LT, Oakland never would have let him hit the market. He's never played the position for more than those games you referred to.

What? We had one of the biggest O LInes in football, in fact, I think it was the biggest...and it wasnt good enough despite the size and money we spent on it...

A couple years ago our O line was terrible, they go out and spend on two of the top OL in FA in Dockery and Walker that year hoping to have shored it up for a long time...it looked good then, but unfortunately Dockery didnt pan out. Now we shed the dead weight, sign Hangrove, and draft 2 stud OL players.

We also went out and drafted Maybin, plus in recent past we traded for Stroud, resigned Schobel, signed Spencer, drafterd McCargo, etc, etc...

They have CLEARLY been trying to build our lines...some moves have been very good, and some didnt work out, but none the less, we have clearly been actively trying to shore up both lines the last few years...

forget it dude, half of the guys here just think the only good d possible is a big huge one. forget speed, athleticism, any of that, all they need is size.

all the guys crying for 3-4 and size might want to look at Cleavland. they traded picks and spent a ton of money on 2 of 3 big 3-4 d linemen and have picks and money in their linebackers and are friggen worse than us by a good shot on D (yes i know they beat us, but we beat san diego, i don't think anyone thinks we were better last year over all than SD).

Not trying to be arrogant or sarcastic, but do you think Walker can hold up for an entire season working alone at LT? I honestly don't think so.

Walker and Chambers will need help if required to play on an island as neither has the lateral mobility to adequately handle speed rushers. With Freeney, Peppers, and some rush LB's, it's going to be necessary to put a TE on the left and chip with the RB.

If Walker was a solid LT, Oakland never would have let him hit the market. He's never played the position for more than those games you referred to.

We'll see, I suppose. I do think he'll be all right over on the left side. They have been using RBs to chip for years, so what's the difference if they do that now? The Raiders do stupid things all the time. Just see this years draft. Saying that if he was so good they never would have let him go is like saying if Robert Gallery wasn't such a bust why would he still be playing for them?

This can't be accurate, though. I mean, McShay might spend his entire waking hours looking at film and talking to scouts and interviewing players, but he's only one guy. And on the Stadium Wall, there are at least twenty-eight guys on their couches with a bag of chips in their lap and they all say that our draft was a joke and our front office is an embarrassment for their selections.

And twenty-eight is more than one. Therefore....

I don't know about you but I'm a nobody and so are those 28. Twenty eight nobodys don't equal 1 somebody.

He may be wrong but he's qualified your nobody. Sorry if I offend you.

But you do realize that we only drafted ONE CB this year so far right? Nick = LB and Byrd = S and both were big needs...Cary is the only true DB we drafted...you cant lump S in with a CB, they are two totally different positions and its like lumping TE in with WR...they have two totally different sets of responsibilities...

So, drafting what could be a really good S for us was a big need...regardless of what we have or havent drafted in the past, we NEEDED a Safety big time...so we got one. Why do you have an issue with drafting players we despertately needed?

We didnt go for a true CB until round 6th where we got very good value as he was projected as a 3rd round pick. He could be good depth for us at FS and CB and may even beat out Corner or Youboty because the kid can play.

Now that we took yet another defensive back, would you like to continue this conversation? In case you would like that, I'll start......

Do you think that they should have taken a quarterback in rounds 6 or 7? The guy from Purdue, or perhaps Parker-Wilson? Or, are you glad that they ended the draft with 2 more dbs?

We'll see, I suppose. I do think he'll be all right over on the left side. They have been using RBs to chip for years, so what's the difference if they do that now? The Raiders do stupid things all the time. Just see this years draft. Saying that if he was so good they never would have let him go is like saying if Robert Gallery wasn't such a bust why would he still be playing for them?

We'll see isn't the preferred solution for a team competing against three teams which will defend hard.

Heck, I'm not an OL expert, but Oakland didn't want him as a RT, so playing a position which requires better mobility is a stretch. He will need help often this season, so I'd expect to see TE and perhaps RB chip help.

The Raiders are a tremendous mess, but I can't recall a player who left them and became a solid starter elsewhere. They've become an embarrassment to the NFL. It still doesn't mean Walker can play LT in Buffalo.

you are wrong

we added a DE that weighs 237 - (but he's really really fast)

we added a S that weighs more than Maybin- that we think we can convert to LB but he sucked playing there at the Senior Bowl

we totally ignored the DTs.

clearly we are aggressively making the front 7 bigger, stronger and tougher

Shows how much you know Asparagus......He didnt play in the game.

lol

or not ;)

I think he realizes you joined on March 1. That's why he said go back to February and decide not to join the board. That really is an assinine opinion that the Bills will be in Toronto based on this draft. You should expect criticism when you say things like that.

get your story straight i never said any thing about the bills moving to toronto

Aaron Maybin weighs 250 lbs and ran a 4.59 at his pro day. Get your sh-- straight before you B word.

Do we have to go over this again? Pro day times are NOTORIOUSLY unreliable. The fact that he ran a 4.89 at the Combine is not something you can just write off, fast first step or not. He played at 234, then shot up to 249 and ran terribly in Indy. I think we're going to look back on this day two or three years from now and wonder why we didn't take Orakpo. But I hope I'm wrong on this.

ummmm, be careful when making comments about whatever Oakland would do. Big Al probably got rid of Walker when he found out he couldn't run the 40 in less than 4.5 seconds.

i'd give this draft a "B" rating......it all hinges on MAYBINS success if it gets to an "A". Personally, i would have either traded down or picked PETTIGREW or OHER with the 11th. I would pencil in WOODS as a starting center, this is a great pick, move hangartner to LG. BYRD at #42 was a reach, but hopefully he replaces Ko Simpson. i love the trade with DAL to pick Andy Levitre. The bills totally lucked out getting TE Shawn Nelson at #114, he was ranked around 55 (late 2nd round)on most boards. All those db's picked later tells me the Bills think they are losing McGee next year(will want to much money). If your a Maybin fan (like Todd McShay) then you think the Bills hit it out of the park, grade "A". If your mixed on Maybin then it's a wait & see "B". If you think Chambers & Bell are not up to snuff then you would have to give this draft a "C" because they did NOT address a glaring need at Left Tackle. Again, i'm in the "B" group.

Do we have to go over this again? Pro day times are NOTORIOUSLY unreliable. The fact that he ran a 4.89 at the Combine is not something you can just write off, fast first step or not. He played at 234, then shot up to 249 and ran terribly in Indy. I think we're going to look back on this day two or three years from now and wonder why we didn't take Orakpo. But I hope I'm wrong on this.

I question the advice or logic that lead him to think that packing on 15 pounds in a couple months was going to help him or fool anybody. It's on film.

Even if the times are notoriously unreliable, they are usually off no more than .10 a second. That would put him in the 4.7 range. The Bills took him because of his great speed, height, long arms, and the frame to continue to bulk up.