The weirdest thing about our draft so far

We drafted arguably the best pass rusher, the best guard, the best center, and the best free safety. I am ok with every pick. And Maybin has the most upside of any DE in the draft

Byrd looks like he could be sick at safety, Maybin has question marks because he is unproven, but he has huge upside, and the lineman were the best at their positions...

In the end, we could end up with the best DE, S, C, and G in this draft...I love our draft thus far...

I don't know about that - he was rated between the #1 and #3 DE on the boards I read, and that's including Jackson who is only a fit in the 34. PFW and Gosselin ranked him the #1 43 DE.

Ahhh. exactly.

I can't figure out why KC is trying to jam its clearly 4-3 personnel (and their new Dcoordinator is a multi defense guy) into a 3-4 scheme. But, what the hell do I know??

We drafted arguably the best pass rusher, the best guard, the best center, and the best free safety. I am ok with every pick. And Maybin has the most upside of any DE in the draft

"Upside" is such a weird term - to me it means the potential to be much better than he is now. Do you use the 11th pick on upside/potential? That's my point - big question mark. Could be huge, but it's not a slam dunk (not than many draft picks are).

"Upside" is such a weird term - to me it means the potential to be much better than he is now. Do you use the 11th pick on upside/potential? That's my point - big question mark. Could be huge, but it's not a slam dunk.

Well Everett Brown slid to the second- so there must be questions about him. Orakpo is from UT- who has not produced many great NFL players lately. Ayers had 3 sacks last year. DE was by far our number one need, and there were no slam dunks. We need a pass rusher and Maybin is that. Even if he is only a third down player- this Bills team was lacking that last year. At the very least he will bring heat on third down IMO

Well Everett Brown slid to the second- so there must be questions about him. Orakpo is from UT- who has not produced many great NFL players lately. Ayers had 3 sacks last year. DE was by far our number one need, and there were no slam dunks. We need a pass rusher and Maybin is that. Even if he is only a third down player- this Bills team was lacking that last year. At the very least he will bring heat on third down IMO

from Clayton:

The ghosts of Mike Williams and other former Texas players had a major impact in the middle of the first round. Williams, the former No. 1 pick, was a huge bust in Buffalo. Despite that, the Bills spent $8 million a year for guard Derrick Dockery, another Texas product. He was released in the offseason. So the Bills decided not to take Texas linebacker Brian Orakpo at No. 11 because of the Texas Two-Step disaster. Meanwhile, the Washington Redskins said: "Come on down!" They drafted Orakpo and signed Dockery and Williams. The Redskins are hooked on the Longhorns.

I don't know about that - he was rated between the #1 and #3 DE on the boards I read, and that's including Jackson who is only a fit in the 34. PFW and Gosselin ranked him the #1 43 DE.

Gotta admit that 13 games is a pretty small sample size though.