Can Levitre play Tackle

Maddog69

NFLN lists him as a tackle, but most other places list him as a G.

I like the pick if he can play tackle. Otherwise, its too much focus on the middle of the line. I have Butler, Hangartner, Wood and Mckinney in the middle. A trade up, giving up a 3 and 4 is a luxury pick and a waste unless Levitre can compete for one of the Tackle spots.

I like the pick if he can play tackle. Otherwise, its too much focus on the middle of the line. I have Butler, Hangartner, Wood and Mckinney in the middle. A trade up, giving up a 3 and 4 is a luxury pick and a waste unless Levitre can compete for one of the Tackle spots.

The report I read said he lacks the lateral mobility for tackle in the NFL and is more suited to the interior.

Seriously? Have you watched any Buffalo football over the past decade? If you think there is nothing wrong with our interrior line play, I don't know what to tell you.

Seriously? Have you watched any Buffalo football over the past decade? If you think there is nothing wrong with our interrior line play, I don't know what to tell you.

Not saying their interior OL has been good. Just saying it was addressed with Hangartner and Mckinney in Free agency and Wood in the draft. I like all of these moves but just think that we should have address OT before taking another guard (Levitre)

I believe this pushes Butler to RT or the bench.

I'm starting to become inured to stupidity, there's just so much of it around here.

Butler to the bench? Did you pay attention at all last year? He was very good, and he has a new contract. He's our RG.

I'm starting to become inured to stupidity, there's just so much of it around here.

Butler to the bench? Did you pay attention at all last year? He was very good, and he has a new contract. He's our RG.

butler has been the best player on the line the last 2 years

Why would the Bills draft 2 interior linemen then, not to mention arguably the two best at their positions? Levitre lacks the lateral mobility to play tackle in the NFL, and i doubt they drafted him to ride the bench. Not to mention that Butler can play RT in the NFL.

Not saying their interior OL has been good. Just saying it was addressed with Hangartner and Mckinney in Free agency and Wood in the draft. I like all of these moves but just think that we should have address OT before taking another guard (Levitre)

I like Hangartner quite a bit, but just because you throw a warm body in there, it doesn't mean you have addressed it.

mcKinney is a backup.... and he's not very good.

No one was saying McKinnie was a starter. But now you've got four players (Hangartner, Wood, Butler, Levitre) for three positions (LG, C, RG). Again, I hope the FO knows something we all don't, but like the Maybin pick (wtf??), I just don't think they do.

No one was saying McKinnie was a starter. But now you've got four players (Hangartner, Wood, Butler, Levitre) for three positions (LG, C, RG). Again, I hope the FO knows something we all don't, but like the Maybin pick (wtf??), I just don't think they do.

Levitre said on his con call tonight that the Bills OL coach told him they think his best position is G but that he can back up all 5 o-line spots.

Hangartner is not a starter. He's only insurance. He may, or may not, be the opening day starter at C or G. If he is, it won't be long before he will be unseated by Levitre and/or Wood. The Bills just spent a #1 on a C and a #2 (that cost them a 3 & 4) on a G.... The middle of the Bills O line has just been addressed for the next 4-5 years... and Hangartner ain't on the "A" list.

Hangartner is not a starter. He's only insurance. He may, or may not, be the opening day starter at C or G. If he is, it won't be long before he will be unseated by Levitre and/or Wood. The Bills just spent a #1 on a C and a #2 (that cost them a 3 & 4) on a G.... The middle of the Bills O line has just been addressed for the next 4-5 years... and Hangartner ain't on the "A" list.

I would still like to know, after playing for CAR for two seasons, why the Panthers felt the need to spend a 2nd on Ryan Kalil. And Hangartner didn't sign a massive contract, reportedly only 4 yrs and roughly 10M. That doesn't mean he's a guaranteed starter. That's Tutan Reyes 06 money.

hangartner is probably just there to start at C until wood is ready which may not take long. and hanny can start at G if needed, Mckinnie is camp fodder...

No one was saying McKinnie was a starter. But now you've got four players (Hangartner, Wood, Butler, Levitre) for three positions (LG, C, RG).

In other words, the best quality OL depth this team has had in more than a decade?