Round 2, Pick 42: JAIRUS BYRD, CB, Oregon

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be quite surprised if Ko Simpson is on the roster come September.

Yeah. His millions are drying up faster than our 401Ks.

This isn't exactly cheery news for your boy Donte either, though. Donte said himself that he was going to be moved to FS. Then the Bills draft an pretty good cover corner in the top 50 of the draft and say they plan to break him in at FS and slot corner (Donte was also used in the slot). :worthy: Donte hasn't exactly been a "ball hawk" (to say the least) and some in the media have said he's "wasted" at the SS position.

Yeah. His millions are drying up faster than our 401Ks.

This isn't exactly cheery news for your boy Donte either, though. Donte said himself that he was going to be moved to FS. Then the Bills draft an pretty good cover corner in the top 50 of the draft and say they plan to break him in at FS and slot corner (Donte was also used in the slot). :worthy: Donte hasn't exactly been a "ball hawk" (to say the least) and some in the media have said he's "wasted" at the SS position.

The only reason Donte was moved to FS is because they had no viable candidates to replace Simpson, and Scott couldn't play FS. If the Bills hadn't drafted a FS, Whitner would have played free this year.

This was the only pick yesterday that had me saying WTF. I hope Byrd is as good as Perry Fewell thinks he is. He does seem to have the tools to be a terrific safety, but the Bills had stronger needs than the secondary.

Maybe they finally took the best available athlete rather than trying to patch a hole?

The only reason Donte was moved to FS is because they had no viable candidates to replace Simpson, and Scott couldn't play FS. If the Bills hadn't drafted a FS, Whitner would have played free this year.

exactly.

the idea is with ellis stepping up, schoble getting healthy, and maybin coming we will be getting pressure on passing downs. having an extra play maker (where scott and wilson were anything but) in the secondary should result in more turnovers.

I bet the people who sit around you will be happy to hear this. I mean, if you're this big of a doucherocket over a pick in the draft, you must be a complete ass clown on Sundays.

Excellent post... LOL

i never said i was done liking the bills. i'm just not spending 450$ on season tickets. 8 years of witnessing this garbage in person was enough. i'm glad the bills have some of you fools to keep ponying up money so i can watch them on tv. thank you guys.

So the Buffalo Bills are your religion.. but you won't spend $450 huh.

i think he will be a safety if ko simpson gets traded.and if parrish gets traded he possibly could return punts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQpffuzJfIk

Gee.. look how slow he ran 87 yards for a touchdown..

It's amazing how people slam this guy and know nothing about him. 17 int's and can run back punts for TD's..

How many INT's did our safeties get last year? Oh.. that would be ZERO.

Not a fan of this pick.

The kid looks like a player, but we have more pressing needs on this team.

The SS spot I am fine with Wilson and Bryan.

We have plenty of playmakers at CB with McGee, Youboty, McKelvin, Corner, and they signed that dude Fox in the offseason. I don't get the facination with the CB spot other than it is a position that Jauron used to play so we cannot have a draft without one.

I would have thought that linebacker was a more pressing need on this team.

Not a fan of this pick.

We have plenty of playmakers at CB with McGee, Youboty, McKelvin, Corner, and they signed that dude Fox in the offseason. I don't get the facination with the CB spot other than it is a position that Jauron used to play so we cannot have a draft without one.

I agree

Not a fan of this pick.

Wilson is a FS and not a starting one. Scott is good against the run but not the pass. While our CB are good our Safeties are average.

The worst pick in the history of the Buffalo Bills. Russ Brandon and Dick Jauron should be ashamed of themselves.

talk about the most inept front office in the history of pro sports.

I wish I was in charge of the Bills. We'd be in the playoffs every year.

Where's the sarcasm meter on this post?... :thumbsup:

Wilson is a FS and not a starting one. Scott is good against the run but not the pass. While our CB are good our Safeties are average.

Good catch on Wilson.

My point there is that I like Wilson on the field, he is great at reading routes and has proven to have more ball-hawk in him than expected.

Scott is good against the run, but most SS are better at run support than pass coverage so your evaluation is not surprizing.

Whitner can and has played both roles. Last years injury made his play weaker than normal - has struggled a bit in coverage when playing FS.

Grabbing a smallish ball-hawking CB to play safety I am not so sure is needed here. Some sites had him listed at 6', but others said that he is actually 5'-10".

As with all these picks we will see down the road.

and they signed that dude Fox in the offseason. I don't get the facination with the CB spot

Fox has been with us since 2007 and has been a PS player for both 2007 and 2008; was signed to the active roster late last season but didnt play I believe. Has had injury issues throughout his career. Is no longer PS eligible. Also he is a FS.

You may have been confused with the signing of Drayton Florence.

So the Buffalo Bills are your religion.. but you won't spend $450 huh.

not on season tickets. i would much rather watch the game on my 50 inch and remember the whole game. instead of tailgating and getting so drunk that i don't remember anything that happened.

This isn't exactly cheery news for your boy Donte either, though. Donte said himself that he was going to be moved to FS. Then the Bills draft an pretty good cover corner in the top 50 of the draft and say they plan to break him in at FS and slot corner (Donte was also used in the slot). :thumbsup: Donte hasn't exactly been a "ball hawk" (to say the least) and some in the media have said he's "wasted" at the SS position.

Byrd and Whitner are the same size and are supposed to have some of the same skills. With another player capable of handling centerfield or slot coverage it will be easier for the Bills to hide what they are doing. Hopefully the addition of Byrd will allow Whitner to take more risks and generate big plays.