Round 1, Pick 11: AARON MAYBIN, DE, Penn State

For the record, I'm good with this. I wasn't in love with any specifc player. But I was unsure about Orakpo, thought Pettigrew, Oher, and Everett was a reach, and Raji was a dream. With that, this is the one I was the most comfortable with.

I don't know about that. Pettigrew and Oher looked pretty good to me and they were both big need position for the Bills too.

Any of the PSU fans here care to comment on Maybin?

We need a "Bruce Smith" style player and I dont see him as that type..

there hasnt been a bruce smith type player since bruce smith.....

its not like every team has these great pass rushers just falling out of the sky

so what if he is a situational player.....every down and distance is a different situation....pay attention to the steelers and patriots defenses....they rotate in 20 players a game on defense

We need a "Bruce Smith" style player and I dont see him as that type..

Anyways, the guy is about as athletic as they come. I almost wonder if he will play LB. Beef him up in a year and maybe he's DE. You can't watch highlights of Maybin and not be amazed by his athleticism. He's pretty exciting.

Maybin is a swing for the fences pick and I like it. The Bills were 0-6 in the division. Maybin is good now but he has tremendous upside the only ohter players in the draft with similar potential were the Gerogia Tech kid and there was a lot of bad film on him. Barwin was the other and he would have been a real reach here.

They took the guy with great attitude and outstanding physical skills. He is 6"4" tall so he can get much bigger.

Nice work.

Maycock's wrong the Bills will move him all over the field and let the defense worry about where he will show up.

I agree. Think Dwight Freeney. If Maybin gets 10-12 sacks a year for a few years, no one here will be complaining about the pick!!

Scouts.com had Maybin rated as the sixth best player in the draft, and I've heard good things about his quickness, athleticism, and ability to rush the passer. Even more importantly, I've heard nothing but positives about his passion and work ethic. I'm becoming cautiously optimistic about this pick.

I don't know about that. Pettigrew and Oher looked pretty good to me and they were both big need position for the Bills too.

Any of the PSU fans here care to comment on Maybin?

Maybin is a vicious savage and a relentless pass rusher, with some development he'll be a pro bowler.

Also why does everybody like orakpo? He is soft, and easily pushed around, who cares if he's big.

In case it hasn't been posted already yet, PFW ranks Maybin the #1 overall DE

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDr...009/DefEnds.htm

Anybody watch the Rose Bowl. He was treated like the campus whore. I'm watching the tape as we speak with my sons. But those games against Coastal Carolina, Syracuse,Temple, and Indiana....priceless.

Anybody watch the Rose Bowl. He was treated like the campus whore. I'm watching the tape as we speak with my sons. But those games against Coastal Carolina, Syracuse,Temple, and Indiana....priceless.

SSSHHHH. Plug my Ears. That`s what I said a week or so ago. :thumbsup:

Slowing reaching the "acceptance" phase with this pick. It'll be pretty cool having him and Pos together again, seem like they feed off of each other.

But, they never took the field together at PSU, right? :thumbsup: Pos was done in 06 and Maybin was with the varsity only 2 years. Heck Maybin never started until a few games into the 08 season.

Yeah, but what do you know about football, coach? :D