Official Draft Thread

Bells a 7th round draft choice who has never played a down in a NFL regular season game. Levitre and Butler are better as gaurds. After that a collection of junk.

And for the last time, you are talking about BACKUPS! You are all freaked out about maybe 2 or 3 of our LT's being hurt then we are screwed...guess what, there isnt a team in this league that wouldnt have a problem in that case...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So after we lost an All-Pro LT we went into this draft with no need there?

No we lost an outta shape, self-centered, bull crap of a selection to his 2nd Pro-Bowl OT. Big difference :thumbsup:

There were 31 other starting LT's that were surely more worthy of that selection.

Like I said, I amazed we were even in negotiations with Peters, offering him 8-9 million a year, if they were this comfortable with what we have.

I will take this NEW O Line over last years O Line all day long...so who the hell cares about Peters, its about what our O Line can be now, which is better than last year by far IMO...

Draft grade (regardless of 7th round).

B+ IMHO. Could be an A- depending on how things play out.

Could we have done better, yes and no. Did we get most of what we needed, yes. Are 4 of 5 going to be starters, yes. Will they make an impact, yes.

No we lost an outta shape, self-centered, bull crap of a selection to his 2nd Pro-Bowl OT. Big difference :thumbsup:

There were 31 other starting LT's that were surely more worthy of that selection.

Word. Peters nearly got Edwards killed last year. No way we should have overpaid for him.

Im not pissing about JP, I wouldnt of paid him what Philly did either. Im just saying, with 7 picks gone, depth at OT was a zero priority in this draft?

Did you ever notice that we could never , ever, run up the middle last year? Do you think lousy center and guard play might have had something to do with that?

Draft grade (regardless of 7th round).

B+ IMHO. Could be an A- depending on how things play out.

Could we have done better, yes and no. Did we get most of what we needed, yes. Are 4 of 5 going to be starters, yes. Will they make an impact, yes.

On paper, its an A+ for me...its not very often you can add arguably one of the top 2 prospects at many positions in a draft:

Maybin = best pass rush prospect

Wood = 1st or 2nd best C/G prospect

Levitre = Best G prospect

Byrd = One of best S prospects

Nelson = Top 2 or 3 TE propsect

Nic Harris = Potential steal as a LB prospect

Thats a dam good draft...now time will tell how it pans out, but on Draft Day, the Bills GOT IT RIGHT.

Im not bitching about the Wood pick or the Levitre pick. In fact I hope Wood starts at C, I like his nastiness and Hangartner is the back C/G. I hope Levitre develops into a solid pro. Jeez homers, all Im saying instead of drafting our 7th corner in round 6, maybe, just maybe, some depth at OT was a bigger priority.

On paper, its an A+ for me...its not very often you can add arguably one of the top 2 prospects at many positions in a draft:

Maybin = best pass rush prospect

Wood = 1st or 2nd best C/G prospect

Levitre = Best G prospect

Byrd = One of best S prospects

Nelson = Top 2 or 3 TE propsect

Nic Harris = Potential steal as a LB prospect

Thats a dam good draft...now time will tell how it pans out, but on Draft Day, the Bills GOT IT RIGHT.

Byrd and Harris for me are the only dark picks. Byrd as a saftey intrigues me, but if they don't use him it's pointless. I hope they do. Harris as a LB prospect is also intriguing, except that they list him as a pure CB. If he can transition and not play solely ST, then it's all good. I still give an A- on the top end if they can transition into their projected positions and play this year.

A+ would be reserved for an exceptional trade / pick, something like getting Nelson in the 6th (would not have happened, I'm happy where they got the steal and it was an exceptional value at that pick). If they could have taken him lower, A+ draft easily, not that I rated him that low. I just believe some D or O line backups would have put us over the top. Given that we can get a good LB in FA.

Personally, all but the harris pick is AWESOME to me.