Russ Brandon -This could b bad news

Said Bills G.M. Russ Brandon, “Anytime you try to pigeonhole certain areas, that’s where you have a tendency to get in trouble. Were going to be true to our board. Were going to do the best job we can do to add quality football players to our team.”-PFT

Sounds like we should b ready for a Donte Whitner type pick at #11. I say this because history shows our board seems to be far different from the other 31 teams. Just to throw a name out there-Larry English.

Please NO Day 1 major projects, get help for the team this year.

Now, granted, maybe their board is wrong. Maybe they suck ass at evaluating talent. Maybe they take a CB because they really do think that's our biggest need. Maybe they should all be fired because they're incompetent. But, that's a completely different issue.

Thanks for this Dan.

That's good news, IMO. I'd like to see the Bills be able to fill a few holes, but at the same time, I absolutely do not want to see them reach for need. That's how Donte Whitner goes from being a concensus late 1st round pick to 8th overall.

Amen! :thumbdown:

It is their mentality that is wrong. We need big, aggressive players to win in Buffalo. Nothing else will ever work.

No doubt. They've really built a rather weak, soft team that has as much difficulty playing in the Buffalo elements as the Dolphins. It would be nice to see them reverse that a little. There should be several options this year based on all the mocks I've seen. It'll be interesting to see how they go to say the least.

I gotta say, fundamentally, I still don't think any of it matters as long as we keep the current coaching staff. But, I guess all we can do is sit back watch, pray, and think of glory days gone by.

Every team pretty much does the exact same thing, and everyone pretty much "goes by their board"...

Until they don't.

Which is always.

They all have the same kind of board rating players 1-300 or whatever regardless of position and regardless of team need.

As soon as a guy is drafted they cross him off.

They try to envision or field trade offers while they wait. A few picks before their own they say "if player A is gone, but B remains, we may do ____". When the pick comes they have numerous players rated higher on their board they are not going to take because its a position of strength or the needs elsewhere are too big. They consider their needs and wants, against the best player left at that position of need, and make decisions based on whether the player at a need position is slightly lower than the non-need or significantly lower, as well as what other teams may be after players they like later in the draft.

I would bet anything that the best player on their board is rarely taken. Most teams will go through years of drafting and never take the top player on the board. It's ALWAYS weighed on need as well as top rated on board.

I would bet anything we have taken the top player on their board once in the last few years. It's possible that Edwards was one, because they liked him so much and didnt expect him to last until the middle of the third. I doubt even Whitner was their top player on the board at 8.

#1- You take the best avail athlete.

#2- the bills have needs at ALL positions except RB.

#3- There is NO VALUE in the first 10 picks. The Bills are perfect position.

#4- Unlees a gift falls in our lap (like RAJI), the Bills will trade down to #13 (wash) and then use that pick to take PETTIGREW !! (remember where you heard it first).

#1- You take the best avail athlete.

#2- the bills have needs at ALL positions except RB.

#3- There is NO VALUE in the first 10 picks. The Bills are perfect position.

#4- Unlees a gift falls in our lap (like RAJI), the Bills will trade down to #13 (wash) and then use that pick to take PETTIGREW !! (remember where you heard it first).

Rumor has it Washington is moving up to #8 to go after Sanchez if he's still out there. All I know is I hope we move down, get an extra pick or two, and get Pettigrew and English, Beatty or Britton. It seems like every team is in the market for an OT. Teams will be drafting OT's sooner than expected.

Rumor has it Washington is moving up to #8 to go after Sanchez if he's still out there. All I know is I hope we move down, get an extra pick or two, and get Pettigrew and English, Beatty or Britton. It seems like every team is in the market for an OT. Teams will be drafting OT's sooner than expected.

This years tackle class is mediocre. I am hope the bills dont fall for it too. And take one in the first three rounds. The halfway decent ones will be gone by pick 11. After that might aswell see what you got in Bell this year. And then come back and take one next year if Bell doesn't have it.

Said Bills G.M. Russ Brandon, “Anytime you try to pigeonhole certain areas, that’s where you have a tendency to get in trouble. Were going to be true to our board. Were going to do the best job we can do to add quality football players to our team.”-PFT

Sounds like we should b ready for a Donte Whitner type pick at #11. I say this because history shows our board seems to be far different from the other 31 teams. Just to throw a name out there-Larry English.

Actually that isn't true at all considering that Donte was supposed to go much later in the draft and we took him at pick #11....c'mon, let's not start complaining/worrying before the draft even begins. Just wait a little bit, I'm sure there will be something to talk about by the end of the day

Sounds like we should b ready for a Donte Whitner type pick at #11. I say this because history shows our board seems to be far different from the other 31 teams. Just to throw a name out there-Larry English

At #11? That would make no sense to me. They should reach for Mack at #11 before taking a DE who nobody thinks will be off the board before 28!!

Listen, Levy has some kind of stupid plan that they needed to start with a strong safety, to improve the "middle" of their defense in 2006. Nobody saw that crazy Whitner pick coming so high, especially when we all were expecting him to draft Ngati to improve the "middle" of their damn defense!!

But Levy in '07, and the circle jerks without Levy in '08, did a much better job of drafting for needs and staying true to their "board". Lynch, Poz, Leodis and Hardy were top picks that did not shock or in my opinion, really piss any of us off that much. There will be no stupid "reaching" in this draft either, at least I really don't see any reason for them to do it!