The Long Awaited, Highly Respected Mock Draft

Can't say I'd be too happy with that. With the exception of Orakpo, I don't think any of these DEs are worth the 11th pick and even with him, its a little bit of a stretch. Maybin is going to be a project, a fact made more painful by the fact that they'd be passing over Raji to get him.

Unger would be a better choice at 42. My biggest fear with him is that he'll just be a utility lineman in the NFL, best suited as a 6th OL coming off the bench. Don't get me wrong, he's probably better than that, which is why I think he'd be a decent R2 pick, but I don't think its much of a stretch to think that's all he'll ever be, either.

One has Maybin and Unger, the other has Pettigrew and Ayers. Both are appealing. Point is, how can the Bills possibly screw up THIS draft?

Trading up. If we do this right we can come out of this with 6 players who could contribute right away. Getting rid of any picks in rounds 1-4 would not make sense unless you could get a proven player.

Anyone else get the feeling that this draft class as a whole is very mediocre. I mean if you can have such huge discrepancies all over the place, it has to say something. I know everyone and their brother has a mock draft now, because of the internet, but it just seems this year is weak.

There is one guy at each position that seams to pick the A talent. Then there is a whole lot of C talent.

Heck i would even arguee that the A talent has questions. I watched Stafford play for 2 and a half seasons at UGA. He is by no means a lock. Not to mention going to Detroit. They have no Oline, and refuse to upgrade it. Another QB that could have developed, goes to a crappy team and plays behind a crappy line. I wish him luck but sounds like a bad situation.

The Bills 4 areas of need seems very confusing to who is the best.

TE, Pettigrew sounds like a monster blocker, with addequate recieving skills, and average speed for TE. The rest of the guys sound like oversized WRs for the most part, who dont know how to block yet.

LB, Curry has the size and head to be a great LB, but is concern over his lack of ability to rush the passer. Also struggled some in pass coverage. The rest of the LBs all seem to have one thing not the other. Personally, i think LBs are like RBs on defense, they can only reach maximum potential if they play behind a solid Dline. So unless you have a solid Dline, dont take a LB high.

Oline, many scouting write ups are saying this draft class is very average for LT talent, you will see a lot go in the first 20 picks. But this is more because the league has put a premium on a LT. Every guy has questions. Either small arms, low wonderlic(intelligence), work ethic...etc. Interior line seems to be this drafts strength. Three very good centers( Unger, Mack, Caldwell) and then some nice gaurds Robinson and Levitre.

DE, This is the most mudded area. Who is the best? Everyone has their own oppinions. And evceryone can tell me why their guy is good and the other guy is bad. Maybin one year hit. Ayers 3 sacks his senior year at Tenn. Orkapo got dominated in some games. Everette Brown is not big enough to play with his hand down. I mean i have no clue anymore.

I could rant on and on. But too me this year sounds more and more like these teams are buying a lottery ticket and hoping for the best, then makeing a lock down solid investment.

At the end of the day today, no matter who the Bills take, i will be cautiously optimistic. As long as the Bills dont take a wr or cb in the first two round

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/10706885/rss

Gosselin has consistently had the highest % correct (although last year was around 41%) CBS' Clark Judge is ALMOST as good as Goss. What a shocker, there mocks are very different!

-RnJ

Last year Gosselin got 7 out of 31 correct.......whippee!! He's a genius! :wallbash:

I'd lose my sh%t if it went down like this.

Same here.

Very uninspiring choices.

But come on.....he's got Sanchez lasting to 13 to the Redskins. :wallbash:

For a guy (Gosselin) who has such a over hyped reputation-

even a crap throwing monkey can figure out Sanchez will be gone before then.

there are too many teams interested in Sanchez for him to last to the 13th pick

Id really like to see the Bills get one of the Centers in this draft but if Ziggy Hood is still there at 28 Id like to see them take him then a center with their 2nd rounder

there are too many teams interested in Sanchez for him to last to the 13th pick

Id really like to see the Bills get one of the Centers in this draft but if Ziggy Hood is still there at 28 Id like to see them take him then a center with their 2nd rounder

Love Ziggy Hood...like him more than P. Jerry. Very versatile guy. He could play LDE on running downs and DT on passing downs. Amazing talent. I would be totally fine with Tyson Jackson and Ziggy Hood as our number ones. Teams would know they were in for a fistfight of epic proportions whenever they lined up against the Buffalo Bills.