Lombardi hearing pass rusher at 11

Id be ok with picking Ayers or Maybin at 11. I would prefer Maybin only because he could be moved to OLB if he didnt work out as a DE. JMO.

I initially thought someone like Maybin was the way to go because he could be put in different spots (i.e. LB and DE). Unfortunately this theory hinged on the idea that the coaching staff would know how to take advantage of a guy like that. I have since jumped on the Ayers bandwagon.

And I hate players from Texas as a general rule of thumb, so Orapko isn't even in the discussion for me.

PLEASE stop the AYERS talk. good size and good combine. Oversized DE good against the run, average pass rusher. HE DOES NOT CURE THE BILLS PASS RUSH NEEDS.

If they dont get double digit sacks in college, they probably wont in the NFL. Im praying we dont take this guy at 11.

Im tellin you all...E Brown is the purest rusher in the draft. 10 pounds and he is potentially golden.

i like brown the best of this group

C'mon dude Ayers has super-mega-extreme upside! Who cares if he had 9 sacks in four years? He had an awesome senior bowl game! I think we should trade up with Detroit and take Ayers #1 overall.

LOL. Couldn't agree more.

A quote I read a day or two ago about Ayers sums it up best. Sometimes, the best predictor of the future is to look to the past. How many DEs can anyone name that had similar sack totals to Ayers in college, yet posted 8-10 yearly in the pros. Few. Very, very few. This guy has never proven that he can get to the QB and even as an overall player, the most optimistic assessment says that he didn't start playing up to his potential until his senior year. It doesn't add up to more than a 2nd or maybe even a 3rd round pick, IMO. Its adds up to even less if I'm looking for a rush end, which the Bills are in the market for.

If I want a run defending DE with questionable pass rush ability, I'll draft Tyson Jackson in R1, or better yet, wait a few rounds and draft someone like Michael Bennett.

I disagree. Keller doesn't block. They're definitely going offense, and if they can't get Sanchez, they'll take the next best skill player.

if they need a blocker, they can get one in the later rounds. they dont need the complete TE. they would be wasting it. they are not going to do it.

Ayers is a more complete DE

I don't understand the infatuation with Ayers. I really see a lot of Eric Flowers in him. Just say no to Ayers. :thumbsup:

The last thing I would call Ayers is a 'safe pick'. When the college regular season ended in November, no one thought he'd be anything more than a 3rd rounder.

Guys who shoot up the draft board always bother me. Let someone else take the risk. There are a lot of safer picks to go for.

LOL. Couldn't agree more.

A quote I read a day or two ago about Ayers sums it up best. Sometimes, the best predictor of the future is to look to the past. How many DEs can anyone name that had similar sack totals to Ayers in college, yet posted 8-10 yearly in the pros. Few. Very, very few. This guy has never proven that he can get to the QB and even as an overall player, the most optimistic assessment says that he didn't start playing up to his potential until his senior year. It doesn't add up to more than a 2nd or maybe even a 3rd round pick, IMO. Its adds up to even less if I'm looking for a rush end, which the Bills are in the market for.

If I want a run defending DE with questionable pass rush ability, I'll draft Tyson Jackson in R1, or better yet, wait a few rounds and draft someone like Michael Bennett.

I actually started a thread 3 or 4 days ago that showed NFL all-pro's stats in college compared to these guys in this draft. I think I'm gonna dig it up now.

It will be Ayers and Pettigrew at 28.

I actually would not be suprised if there was a bit of discussion between the Bills and Eagles over 21, Bills saying we'll take 28 if you agree not to grab Pettigrew at 21, Eagles say...OK, because staying at 21 gives them a better at RB Moreno or Wells.

Look at you getting all "conspiracy theory". B-)

I smell what you're cookin'. :thumbsup: