Give me your two somewhat surprise predictions

Estro

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'll play.

First, the Kansas City Chiefs trade out of the 3 spot, definitely. My guess would be with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers so that they can draft QB Mark Sanchez.

Secondly, the Cincinnatti Bengals draft OT Andre Smith.

Next, the Green Bay Packers draft DE Tyson Jackson at the #9 spot.

The Bills are one of the biggest, if not the biggest, shakers on draft day. First they take a DE with the #11 pick, my guess is Aaron Maybin. Once they secure their DE, the Bills trade this year's (#42) and next year's 2nd rders (?) to the Kansas City Chiefs for DT Glenn Dorsey. Before anyone pukes on this keep in mind that they just got rid of TE Tony Gonzalez for a future pick. Rumor has it that they are looking to package that pick to move up, same principle applies in this trade. In addition, Dorsey isn't ideal for the Chiefs new look 3-4 hybrid defense. The Bills aren't done though, they continue to be aggressive. Buffalo then packages the #28 pick, our 6th rder (#183) and DE Chris Kelsay to the Detroit Lions for their #20 pick and promptly select TE Brandon Pettigrew with it. The Bills do recoup a 2nd rd pick though by trading Roscoe Parrish and our first 4th rder (#110) to the Pittsburgh Steelers, who pick at the end of the rd (#64). Here the Bills draft OG Duke Robinson.

I don't know if they're surprises, but here are a few predictions:

1) Unless the Bills want to draft Eben Britton at 11, they won't use that pick on an OT. Four OTs will go in the top 10.

2) Tyson Jackson will go no later than #9 to Green Bay

3) The Bills will select an interior OL higher than an OT.

4) The Bills will not select a TE before R3, at least (I *always miss* on the TE prediction; I hope that's true again this year).

5) This isn't so much a prediction, as it requires a few things to go wrong for the Bills, but if the chips fall right (wrong?) the Bills will strongly consider taking a WR at 28. Don't be stunned to hear a name such as Brian Robiskie called at this pick if they aren't happy with their choices along the lines or at LB.

I love Robiskie in this draft. I would love him on this team if it wasn't so crowded at WR.

That being said. One of the SC LB's is available in the mid-late second round is my prediction.

Bills trade 11, 44, 75, to Detroit for 20, 33, 65, and a 5th next year

Maybe the points add up on this one, but that seems like a bad trade for the Bills. Looking at this year only we move down 9 spots in the 1st round to jump up by 11 spots for both our 2nd and 3rd round pick. That to me is not enough. But the way the Bills value those future 5th, 6th and 7th round picks you may just be on to something.

By the way has it been actually confirmed that the Bills wanted a 4th and future 6th rather than a 3rd. If so I can just picture Rob Kraft and Bill Bellichick chuckling over that one.

Maybe the points add up on this one, but that seems like a bad trade for the Bills. Looking at this year only we move down 9 spots in the 1st round to jump up by 11 spots for both our 2nd and 3rd round pick. That to me is not enough. But the way the Bills value those future 5th, 6th and 7th round picks you may just be on to something.

By the way has it been actually confirmed that the Bills wanted a 4th and future 6th rather than a 3rd. If so I can just picture Rob Kraft and Bill Bellichick chuckling over that one.

I just have a feeling that the Bills could make a deal with Detroit- could be 11 for 20, 65, and something next year or 11 and Parrish for 20 and 33- I just feel that players the Bills really want may be gone at 11 and that 20 may be a good stopping point for Pettigrew or Clay Matthews - who would Detroit move up for? Oher, Orakpo, Jenkins and of course Curry.

I'll start it off:

1) Brian Orakpo is not selected in the Top 10 and the Bills pass on him at #11.

2) Alphonso Smith is drafted in the 1st round (I think this maybe the guy the Patriots like, more so than Darius Butler)

Now that all of the dust has settled let's dive into this and see how we all fared. I'll start off with my predictions first. #1 nailed it, although that probably wasn't a huge surprise as it seemed evident Orakpo just wasn't the type of player our team covets, at least not that high.

#2 on the surface was incorrect, however if you take into account that the Broncos traded away next years #1 pick to move up and get Alphonso Smith early in the second I'm giving myself one half of a point. Some teams did indeed have the guy graded out pretty high.

1. Derrius Heyward-Bey gets taken in the top 10 (by Oakland).

2. Either James Laurinaitis or Rey Maualuga falls out of the first round.

Home run. Extra credit because you predicted #1 before Nolan Nawrocki's final mock draft where he also had Heyward-Bey going to the Raiders. And #2 correct on both scenarios. Nice picks!

I'll go one further, and say they won't draft one in round 1 or 2.

or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7. That is if you don't consider Levitre as a tackle, which he probably won't be in the pros. I'm fine with it though I though the interior was bigger need and we certainly addressed that