Give me your two somewhat surprise predictions

Estro

Ok, I'll play.

First, the Kansas City Chiefs trade out of the 3 spot, definitely. My guess would be with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers so that they can draft QB Mark Sanchez.

Secondly, the Cincinnatti Bengals draft OT Andre Smith.

Next, the Green Bay Packers draft DE Tyson Jackson at the #9 spot.

The Bills are one of the biggest, if not the biggest, shakers on draft day. First they take a DE with the #11 pick, my guess is Aaron Maybin. Once they secure their DE, the Bills trade this year's (#42) and next year's 2nd rders (?) to the Kansas City Chiefs for DT Glenn Dorsey. Before anyone pukes on this keep in mind that they just got rid of TE Tony Gonzalez for a future pick. Rumor has it that they are looking to package that pick to move up, same principle applies in this trade. In addition, Dorsey isn't ideal for the Chiefs new look 3-4 hybrid defense. The Bills aren't done though, they continue to be aggressive. Buffalo then packages the #28 pick, our 6th rder (#183) and DE Chris Kelsay to the Detroit Lions for their #20 pick and promptly select TE Brandon Pettigrew with it. The Bills do recoup a 2nd rd pick though by trading Roscoe Parrish and our first 4th rder (#110) to the Pittsburgh Steelers, who pick at the end of the rd (#64). Here the Bills draft OG Duke Robinson.

Some far fetched scenarios here that didn't pan out. But you did hit on the Andre Smith pick, and you had Pettigrew coming off the board at the 20 spot, only not to the Lions, but still some credit is due.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do I win or what?

As a whole a good amount of the predictions were actually not too bad. And yes your post has been declared the winner. 2 for 2 and they were both definitely surprises. We'll do it again next year.

Some far fetched scenarios here that didn't pan out. But you did hit on the Andre Smith pick, and you had Pettigrew coming off the board at the 20 spot, only not to the Lions, but still some credit is due.

Thanks but I was way off, but hey, I took a shot. I still believe that Kansas City wanted to trade out but they just couldn't find a partner. Their pick was too high and once Seattle passed on a Qb the Browns benefited.

Thanks but I was way off, but hey, I took a shot. I still believe that Kansas City wanted to trade out but they just couldn't find a partner. Their pick was too high and once Seattle passed on a Qb the Browns benefited.

I believe there were confirmed reports that the Chiefs were looking to move down, but no one wanted to come up.