Pettigrew article

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i say take the best DE at 11, and if Pettigrew isn't available at 28 then Jared Cook is our man. He grades only slightly lower than pettigrew, ran a sub 4.5 40, and played in the SEC. if we took pettigrew at 11 and the best remaining DE at 28 i think we would be much worse off. just my opinion....

we just traded Jason Peters.....

Trent Edwards is our QB....

Ryan Fitzpatrick is our backup QB....

You suggest we go DE and a TE that can't block a lick. makes sense...................

I'd love to trade down and get him, but if we can't work out a deal, I wouldnt mind the pick. I think we have to select OL and TE in 2 of the first 2 picks. Pettigrew is BY FAR the best TE, based on his dominant blocking. We NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED to improve our protection or we're gonna have Ryan Fitzpatrick in there throwing the ball.

Here's a feature I found on Pettigrew. Interesting stuff.

Would you guys take him at No. 11. Gonna be tempting. I really don't think Buffalo could get him at 28.

he won't be there at 28.

he blocks, he catches, he thinks

it is a huge need - the hell with the "Reach" issue.

Take him at 11 and know you have put a very good player on your team.

and who knows, Ayers may fall to 28. if not him, then Britton will be there.

It would make better sense for me to trade up from the #28 to acquire him. It's too bad nobody else in the NFL thinks Roscoe Parrish is any good otherwise we could package him with our #28 and maybe land pettigrew =D. At 11, it would just be one more folly to add to the camel's broken, smashed into pieces, and partially decomposed back.

And that’s why Pettigrew is widely considered the most complete tight end to come out in years. He didn’t post ungodly numbers at Oklahoma State and he didn’t drop jaws in the 40-yard dash. But it’s almost impossible to nitpick flaws in Pettigrew’s game. At 6-foot-5, 260 pounds, Pettigrew is built like an angry lumberjack. For the Bills, he may be the one missing piece that elevates the offense to elite status – an extended tackle in the running game, yet still explosive in the receiving game.

TAKE HIM AT #11........he will make the running game even better.

With Peters gone...Pettigrew would serve 2 purposes....#1 - he'd help with blocking for the new LT...#2 Pettigrew is a very sound, sure-handed receiver...He's a very safe pick...

He'd be my pick at #11

Hate to tell you but the reason LT's get paid big time money is they typically don't have a TE next to them to help block.

Yes but Cook and Casy are definetly a year off...Coffman can't block....

Based on the many needs of the Bills, I would say pass at 11 for Pettigrew. If we still had Peters and had a better D line, I would be all for it. Casey in the 3rd round is a great value, not so big on Coffman. If we could get a DE with the first pick, LB/OT with the 2nd 1st, C/G/LB/OT in the 2nd, and Casey in the 3rd, we made huge strides and are more competitive IMO. With the DEs not being as deep, taking Pettigrew at 11 seems more like a great pick for a team more accomplished than our own. BTW, I would love Pettigrew on our team.

I will say this, after reading that article, could Buffalo be keeping it on the lowdown about taking Pettigrew with the #11 pick? In the last 48 hours it has been rumored that the Bills are going after a DE with their first pick and it's not Robert Ayers. Could they really be going after Pettigrew and just want to trade back a few slots to pick up extra pick(s) and get pettigrew at a better value? If so about the Bills really wanting Pettigrew all along, then maybe this was part of the Jason Peters' decision, knowing that they are going to take him and he would help offset losing Peters and being able to compensate the OL.

I will say this, after reading that article, could Buffalo be keeping it on the lowdown about taking Pettigrew with the #11 pick? In the last 48 hours it has been rumored that the Bills are going after a DE with their first pick and it's not Robert Ayers. Could they really be going after Pettigrew and just want to trade back a few slots to pick up extra pick(s) and get pettigrew at a better value? If so about the Bills really wanting Pettigrew all along, then maybe this was part of the Jason Peters' decision, knowing that they are going to take him and he would help offset losing Peters and being able to compensate the OL.

No, it doesn't help offset losing Peters. You people claim we need a TE threat and then say that we should take Pettigrew because he can block, but that is brainless since you cannot block and receive at the same time. So basically you need to look at it like this - what is the greater need for the Bills right now between blocking and receiving? The obvious answer is blocking, and that being the case, how do you suggest the Bills are better off taking a TE than an OT with their highest pick? It doesn't make any sense.

No, it doesn't help offset losing Peters. You people claim we need a TE threat and then say that we should take Pettigrew because he can block, but that is brainless since you cannot block and receive at the same time. So basically you need to look at it like this - what is the greater need for the Bills right now between blocking and receiving? The obvious answer is blocking, and that being the case, how do you suggest the Bills are better off taking a TE than an OT with their highest pick? It doesn't make any sense.

I thought that was the main reason for the tight end in football :rolleyes:

While routinely drunk watching games, I've still seen TE's blocking and catching on the same play about 100,000 times..

Could be double vision, I suppose..

:lol:

FYI - per Rotoworld, the Jets (or at least the local Jets beat writer) consider him a reach at #17:

Beat reporter Dave Hutchinson believes the Jets will try to trade down from No. 17 overall and draft Oklahoma State TE Brandon Pettigrew.

Hutchinson says "Rex Ryan wants to run the ball" and New York doesn't have a blocking tight end on the roster. The Jets reportedly see this as a deep draft for wide receivers and believe they can get one in the second round.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

I can't see how we'd seriously consider him at #11....

FYI - per Rotoworld, the Jets (or at least the local Jets beat writer) consider him a reach at #17:

Beat reporter Dave Hutchinson believes the Jets will try to trade down from No. 17 overall and draft Oklahoma State TE Brandon Pettigrew.

Hutchinson says "Rex Ryan wants to run the ball" and New York doesn't have a blocking tight end on the roster. The Jets reportedly see this as a deep draft for wide receivers and believe they can get one in the second round.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

I can't see how we'd seriously consider him at #11....

I agree. FWIW, the only two tight ends drafted in the top ten within the last ten years are Vernon Davis and Kellen Winslow Jr.

Both of them were taken at #6.