Season ticket renewals

Mr Info

At the last minute, I decided a couple of weeks ago to renew my tickets. I decided to call the Bills last Friday (April 17) and see if I could relocate my seats. After I found that I could not, I continued to talk about the Bills with the rep and asked about their renewals and he said that the economy is tough and they are about 80%.

A 20% decline in season tickets must have some repercussions. Perhaps this explains a few things such as another game in Toronto. However, ineptitude breeds discord and even if the economy was not messed up, there would have been a bunch of non-renewals.

At the last minute, I decided a couple of weeks ago to renew my tickets. I decided to call the Bills last Friday (April 17) and see if I could relocate my seats. After I found that I could not, I continued to talk about the Bills with the rep and asked about their renewals and he said that the economy is tough and they are about 80%.

A 20% decline in season tickets must have some repercussions. Perhaps this explains a few things such as another game in Toronto. However, ineptitude breeds discord and even if the economy was not messed up, there would have been a bunch of non-renewals.

After the draft, it will get better.

It's mostly the economy.

it's not the economy... It a bumbling frachise that didn't have enough common sense to fire Jauron last year and get a real coach wqith a consistent winnign record in the NFL.

Nop matter what the Bills do in FA or the draft it is not going to make up for whatg Jauron will do to this team.

It's mostly the economy.

saying its the economy is a copout

keeping a head coach after 3 consecutive 7-9 seasons who has one winning season in 8 as a head coach and the anticipation of another losing season is the reason

if the Bills made a coaching change to someone like Marty season ticket sales would have been around the same or maybe even increased

I guess I can understand it to some degree. The family and I have been season ticket holders since 1977, and I can say without a doubt that this past season was one of the most difficult to bear. The 2-14 seasons were God-awful, but you knew the team was God-awful to begin with. This past season, there was reason to believe the team had a good chance to make progress. But the Bills made themselves God-awful, and at times it was some of the most gut-wrenching idiocy I've ever had to witness.

This was a group that demanded to be cleared out, but ownership declared being generally happy with the status-quo. The T.O. signing, to me, was to partly make up for this, but it's hardly enough.

I never considered not renewing, but I can see why others might.

No primetime in Buffalo hurt the sales

You got it backwards. Primetime games hurt season ticket sales, since ~20% of holders come from significant distances away from OBD. The team has plenty of stats showing 1:00 pm games sell the best...

An 80% renewal rate in April seems pretty strong, actually...