OT- similar to 'CHEFS' in the endzone

eSJayDee

I'm out for a walk & notice someone has 'BUSI' scalped into the grass of their front lawn. Took me a moment to realize they were trying to put 'BUSH'.

What does this say about the typical Bush supporter if they don't know that if you only have about 28' of good grass, you can't spell 'BUSH' w/ 8' wide letters?

I think its says more when 55,000,000 people go to the polls to say they don't want you to be president again, and you still remain there.

99949[/snapback]

I think that's because nearly 59,000,000 people went to the polls to say that they DID want him to be president again... Therefore, he remains.

I don't get your complaint :P:blink:

CW

I think that's because nearly 59,000,000 people went to the polls to say that they DID want him to be president again...  Therefore, he remains.

I don't get your complaint  :P  :blink:

CW

99951[/snapback]

just saying its a shame we only get two choices... that's all.

Last time around the complaint was that Bush won the electoral vote but couldn't get a majority in the popular (kinda like Clinton both times), now he gets lambasted because he could only muster a simple majority -- unlike any democratic candidate in the last 40+ years.

Get over it already.

Last time around the complaint was that Bush won the electoral vote but couldn't get a majority in the popular (kinda like Clinton both times), now he gets lambasted because he could only muster a simple majority -- unlike any democratic candidate in the last 40+ years.

Get over it already.

100002[/snapback]

I'm over it.

Now, let's move forward, and keep fighting this never ending fight - the "war" on terror. We will soon realize that the war on terror is like the "War on Drugs". Im not saying Kerry could have done anything about that either - Im just saying it sucks.

99957[/snapback]

Really....only two? Funny, I had 5 on my ballot. The choice is there for those who want.

Really....only two?  Funny, I had 5 on my ballot.  The choice is there for those who want.

100007[/snapback]

I know, I know. Let's make America "listen" to us by boting for a third candidate. It is a waste of a vote and will be a waste of a vote until either 1) A third party can somehow miraculously raise hundreds of Millions of dollars for a multi-year campaign starting now for the 2012 elections, or 2) everyone who has lived in this two party system (meaning EVERYONE) gives up their ties to a party they have been so close to.

The idea of "you can make a difference by letting them hear your voice" is cute. It just doesnt do crap.

I think that's because nearly 59,000,000 people went to the polls to say that they DID want him to be president again...  Therefore, he remains

CW

99951[/snapback]

Add back in about 5,000,000 + people have the ballets tossed out or not counted plus all the folks who for some reason had to vote for Nader and it is not such a mandate.

The bottom line is that my 401k still sucks. Gas prices have gone up 50%. We are spending billions on war on terror that can never be "won" while our schools are severely underfunded. The federal budget is in such a huge deficit it will soon effect social security and medicare. Stem cell research is deemed immoral since it costs unborn fetus "lives" while thousands are sent to die in Iraq.

So, how again IS Bush good for this country. :P

well steve, it sounds good, but I'm old enough to remember back in the 92 election when it was a 3 way race between the elder Bush, Ross Perot, and William Jefferson Clinton. Ross Perot got damn near 20% of the vote. The elder Bush took 33% of the vote and Clinton got 36%. Can you imagine that a president got elected with only 36% of the vote??? that means 64% of the voters didn't think he was worthy of their vote. Now, the votes that Perot got were about 80% Republican voters that voted for him instead of Bush... so if Perot doesn't run, the elder Bush would have gotten another 16% of the vote and he beats Clinton 49 to perhaps 39... a pretty huge victory.... If this happens, Monica Lewinsky never becomes an ashtray for a president and, thus, a household name.

4 years ago, a similar situation occured when Ralph Nader took around 7 percent of the vote as the third candidate. most all of those votes were Democrats that did not vote for Al Gore. Had Nader not run, Al Gore would have been president instead of GW. That didn't happen, so we'll never know what Al Gore would have invented or taken credit for that he didn't do in his 4 years in office.

The moral of the story, Steve, the 3 candidates sounds like a great idea because we're used to having many options or choices in everything we do... but when it comes to voting for the presidency we all seem to line up just like the politicians... some to the left and some to the right. If a few of us voters try to be Mavericks and go neither Democrat or Republican... the Democrat or Republican that we don't like is going to win.

So, Steve, instead of a third party or candidate, we just need 1 damn candidate that is worth a stevestojan and that 55-60% of the voters really like and have confidence in. I don't know if there's a single person out there that is embraced by that many voters.... although I have heard rumors that Donald Trump might bank roll Jesse Ventura in 2008.

Now, let's move forward, and keep fighting this never ending fight - the "war" on terror. We will soon realize that the war on terror is like the "War on Drugs". 

Funny because this is what GWB has said since DAY ONE in regards to the war on terror.

Nothing better than complaining about someone on an issue that you AGREE with.

Funny because this is what GWB has said since DAY ONE in regards to the war on terror.

Nothing better than complaining about someone on an issue that you AGREE with.

100186[/snapback]

Nothing better than you editing out the last sentence of my original post where i clearly said that Kerry couldn't do anything about that either.

And do i have to disagree with EVERYTHING Bush says to think he is a terrible president? Nope.

I know, I know. Let's make America "listen" to us by boting for a third candidate. It is a waste of a vote and will be a waste of a vote until either 1) A third party can somehow miraculously raise hundreds of Millions of dollars for a multi-year campaign starting now for the 2012 elections, or 2) everyone who has lived in this two party system (meaning EVERYONE) gives up their ties to a party they have been so close to.

The idea of "you can make a difference by letting them hear your voice" is cute. It just doesnt do crap.

100016[/snapback]

"They" only give us two choices, because voting for anyone else is a waste of a vote? :P:blink:

You are such a !@#$ing punk...

"They" only give us two choices, because voting for anyone else is a waste of a vote?   :P  :blink:

You are such a !@#$ing punk...

100208[/snapback]

Haha.

Tell me that if I had voted for someone else, it would not be a waste of a vote. Tell me that. Would ANYTHING have changed? No.

I know that's the same as saying "my vote is only one vote, so it doesnt count", but if everyone thought that way it would make a huge difference. The TRUTH is, the way it is now, there are ONLY TWO CANDIDATES. Even when there was a third that got quite a bit of attention (and votes), he was only in the spotlight because he was a multibillionaire and could afford to fund his campaign against the juggernauts that are the DNC and the RNC.

All I am being is a realist, and you want to believe in the cute little idea that someone would give two s#its if we voted for someone else. It wouldn't. The only way anything is going to change is if one of the other parties starts to make itself known. And they can't do starting in an election year. They would have to start 8-10 years ahead of time, getting people informed, etc, etc, to even make a DENT in the two party system. Money makes the world go round, and it always will.

I know what you're point is. Its not a waste of a vote to vote for a third party, because if more people did, it would add up, etc, blah blah blah. Well guess what? That's just not the way it is. No one cares, and most people laugh at those who vote outside the lines.

But then again, Im just a f-cking punk.

that is a cheap f***ing shot, i consider myself to be a typical bush supporter, does that mean i am incapable of proper spelling or grammar? cheeze and rice this intellegence argument that anti-bush folks throw around here is incredible, stevestojan man the last perfect person i ever heard about walked on water and later hung on a cross. just because a person errs in spelling or grammar does not indicate their level of intellegence. damn it is annoying.

***note, i did not really proofread this post for spelling, punctuation or proper grammar, i am just hunt and pecking away hoping i hit the proper seqeunce of keys!

:P

I'm out for a walk & notice someone has 'BUSI' scalped into the grass of their front lawn.  Took me a moment to realize they were trying to put 'BUSH'.

What does this say about the typical Bush supporter if they don't know that if you only have about 28' of good grass, you can't spell 'BUSH' w/ 8' wide letters?

99945[/snapback]

IMO, there is ever, ever a vote that is wasted...ESPECIALLY if you want to vote Independent...

Maybe KRC knows this more then I do, but isnt it true that if a candidate gets more votes, they become eligible for more federal funding for another campaign in the future? I remember reading that or hearing something like that somewhere....is it true?

IMO, there is ever, ever a vote that is wasted...ESPECIALLY if you want to vote Independent...

Maybe KRC knows this more then I do, but isnt it true that if a candidate gets more votes, they become eligible for more federal funding for another campaign in the future?  I remember reading that or hearing something like that somewhere....is it true?

100230[/snapback]

I do think that is true, however, the money they would need is so incredible (to compete with those of the r and d parties that Its a drop in the bucket). Believe me, I wish there were more REALISTIC viable options, but right now, and for generations to come, our president will be either Democrat or Republican.

... or Blue Tulip Party...

http://cbs2chicago.com/cooler/watercooler_..._308065511.html

I think that's because nearly 59,000,000 people went to the polls to say that they DID want him to be president again...  Therefore, he remains.

I don't get your complaint  :P  :blink:

CW

99951[/snapback]

His compaint is that democracy sucks if his guy doesn't win. Typical attitude from the hot pockets crowd.

His compaint is that democracy sucks if his guy doesn't win.  Typical attitude from the hot pockets crowd.

100293[/snapback]

yep. that's me. I was the first one to say that I didn't want Bush to win, but it was time for Kerry to concede. You really have me pinpointed, don't ya?

I love how all of you guys can't help the process, can't try to educate anyone, and can't give your opinion. You all just wait to jump on someone who doesn't have the same view and say such deep things as "the hot pockets crowd". Yeah, you're really gonna make points doing that... . . .

Add back in about 5,000,000 + people have the ballets tossed out or  not counted  plus all the folks who for some reason had to vote for Nader and it is not such a mandate.

The bottom line is that my 401k still sucks. Gas prices have gone up 50%.  We are spending billions on war on terror that can never be "won"  while our schools are severely underfunded.  The federal budget is in such a huge deficit it will soon effect social security and medicare.  Stem cell research is deemed immoral since it costs unborn fetus "lives" while thousands are sent to die in Iraq.

So, how again IS Bush good for this country.  :P

100032[/snapback]

He is good for all of us rich folks ,according to all you losers :blink::w00t:

Haha.

Tell me that if I had voted for someone else, it would not be a waste of a vote. Tell me that. Would ANYTHING have changed? No.

I live in Wisconsin and voted for Bush. If I hadn't voted, nothing would have changed either... Don't hear me complaining though.

The TRUTH is, the way it is now, there are ONLY TWO CANDIDATES. Even when there was a third that got quite a bit of attention (and votes), he was only in the spotlight because he was a multibillionaire and could afford to fund his campaign against the juggernauts that are the DNC and the RNC.

Tell that to Jesse Ventura who became governor of Minnesota against a democrat and a republican. When he ran, there was a HUGE turnout of voters who had never voted before. A third candidate just needs to focus on the untapped masses (ie: 18-29 year olds in this election apparantly).

CW