Bills interested in DT John Henderson

SKOOBY

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The blog did say that the Peters trade to Philly was imminent on the 16th.

The Buffalo Bills and the Philadelphia Eagles appear close to be completing a deal that will send Jason Peters to the Eagles for one of there first round picks. The big issues in this trade are the following, the agent for Jason Peters wants a long term deal in place with Philadelphia before the deal is signed and the Bills are trying to get the 21st pick overall instead of what Philadelphia is offering which is the 28th pick overall.

This can't be true. Everybody knows you only need 1 DT in a Tampa 2. :D

Yes. Especially ones who are undersized but quick. Those types of guys can be traded up for at the bottom of the first round.

That sort of draft day strategy is what makes Buffalo the perennial playoff team they are.

The blog did say that the Peters trade to Philly was imminent on the 16th.

Yeah, that was a day ahead of time and one can safely say that the Bills would of preferred to have the 21st pick versus the 28th but took what they had to. This also makes good business sense for the Bills to grab a extra conditional pick and a 4th versus just a straight 3rd. If JAX would be willing to accept a 4th round pick for John H. & it's used for that, I call it a brilliant play.

wow that would improve our defense. The Bills are def. making moves this offseason.

Defense wins championships....You build a good defense and let the offense grow with it...With an ace special teams on our side, that would make 2 of the 3 better. I hope the BIlls will get Henderson and invest in a pass rusher with their picks on day 1. I hope they can trade Parrish for Schefler and not use the 1st pick on a TE....

The Steelers, Patriots, Chargers, Giants all have had success by building a tough defense...In the tough North East you win by playing tough defense and running the ball , not letting Edwards throw the ball in cold conditions.

Not worth getting excited about- :D:wallbash:

You're nuts.

OK, I'm nuts. Go ahead and get excited about Henderson possibly coming to Buffalo and getting reunited with Stroud. First, it hasn't happened yet. Secondly, the Henderson-Stoud combo was at it's peak about 5 years ago. Now, they are fine veterans but older and much more banged up. Can they still be great together again? Who knows? Would Henderson be an improvement over Kyle Williams? Of course he would. Sorry, Albert Haynesworth I get excited about. John Henderson - no.

OK, I'm nuts. Go ahead and get excited about Henderson possibly coming to Buffalo and getting reunited with Stroud. First, it hasn't happened yet. Secondly, the Henderson-Stoud combo was at it's peak about 5 years ago. Now, they are fine veterans but older and much more banged up. Can they still be great together again? Who knows? Would Henderson be an improvement over Kyle Williams? Of course he would. Sorry, Albert Haynesworth I get excited about. John Henderson - no.

The previous experience those 2 have together would only improve our D & I personally feel Stroud was one of our best on that side of the line. If Stroud says he would like him next to him, it would only help our team.

The previous experience those 2 have together would only improve our D & I personally feel Stroud was one of our best on that side of the line. If Stroud says he would like him next to him, it would only help our team.

I agree 100% Skoob. Stroud played great last season, and Henderson can only improve the defense. Maybe I will get excited about this. But as always, the Bills have to make it into a reality first, right?

Isn't this just a little more exciting than Williams, Johnson or McBusto?? :D

I agree 100% Skoob. Stroud played great last season, and Henderson can only improve the defense. Maybe I will get excited about this. But as always, the Bills have to make it into a reality first, right?

That they do, that they do. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

these two together on our line would bring us back to the sam adams/pat williams days where nobody ran on us. our lb's would be able to run wild as these two would stuff that middle. this might also be a freddy jackson for henderson deal as well...the jags need a nice #2 to keep jones-drew fresh

these two together on our line would bring us back to the sam adams/pat williams days where nobody ran on us. our lb's would be able to run wild as these two would stuff that middle.

Wouldn't that be nice.

This move would be awesome! That would immediately make our run defense considerably more stout. He just turned 30 years old, so he is still has plenty of gas in the tank. It would also help out the pass rush by collapsing the pocket, and would allow our blitz to be even more effective. I really hope this is true.