Bills interested in DT John Henderson

SKOOBY

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just took a stroll onto the Jags' board. They seem to think they should get a 2nd rounder, plus Roscoe, and maybe a 4th for Henderson :thumbsup:

That's almost like our board, when we thought we could get both 1st rounders from Philly for Peters :wallbash:

That's almost like our board, when we thought we could get both 1st rounders from Philly for Peters :wallbash:

I really loved the posts over there that were to the effect of, "...and toss in a player, like Roscoe."

Yeah... just "toss in" the best punt returner in the league :thumbsup:

I really loved the posts over there that were to the effect of, "...and toss in a player, like Roscoe."

Yeah... just "toss in" the best punt returner in the league :wallbash:

Unfortunately I've heard the same crap from people on THIS page... :wallbash::thumbsup:

Bills Looking Into Acquiring John Henderson

April 17th, 2009 · No Comments

The Buffalo Bills could now be trying to trade there new fourth round draft pick that they just acquired from the Philadelphia Eagles (121 overall) to the Jacksonville Jaguars for defensive tackle John Henderson, which would reunite Marcus Stroud and Henderson who were a dynamic duo in Jacksonville for several years, several sources tell ProFootballCentral. There are many outlets that are labeling the Bills in need for a tackle, defensive end and tightend and while those three needs are correct, so is the need for a dominate defensive tackle to line up next to Pro Bowler Marcus Stroud. The Bills do have Kyle Williams, Spencer Johnson and former first round draft pick John McCargo all on there roster but as of now, none of them have established themselves as a legitimate starter next to Stroud. Henderson, did have a drop off year last year and may have fell out of favor with head coach Del Rio who is rumored to be looking to go young at the defensive tackle position and has been pondering trading the eight year veteran. One thing that is for sure, is that if the Bills don’t think that Henderson is an intense player then they need to look at this video.

http://www.profootballcentral.com/

:wallbash:

Holy Shizzy!! What an awesome clip of John Henderson.

Ok, I don't need to see anymore about this guy, do what it takes to get him in!

Hell, we can throw him over there for all I care, bring in Henderson!

While I love Henderson and fully advocate him coming here, you have to understand that last year was a SIGNIFICANT drop in his play, and his age may be taking effect. Jags fans collectively say he's not the player he once was. I think he'd be GREAT to have here, but at the same time, giving up the farm for him would be stupid, IMO.

I wouldn't give any more than a 4th and Roscoe.

While I love Henderson and fully advocate him coming here, you have to understand that last year was a SIGNIFICANT drop in his play, and his age may be taking effect. Jags fans collectively say he's not the player he once was. I think he'd be GREAT to have here, but at the same time, giving up the farm for him would be stupid, IMO.

Would the loss of Stroud have anything to do with that?

Would the loss of Stroud have anything to do with that?

I wouldn't know. I'd hope not. I at least thought Henderson was a dominant player regardless of any other factors. I don't think just because you take a player next to him away, that he'd all of a sudden drop as much as he did last year. I'm sure it has something to do with it, but that there's also other factors.

There's always a concern when a player drops off in production. We can speculate all day long why that is, it could be the loss of Stroud had an impact, he may have gotten double teamed a lot more, maybe football just wasn't that fun last year with the atrocious performance of the Jags, who knows?

But I will say this, he just turned 30 a few months ago. So, I don't believe age has much to do with it, and usually DT's have more longevity than many other defensive positions. Maybe his body isn't holding up well for size, I don't know.

Remember, we were hearing a lot more about Stroud last year, and how he had been injured and his play dropped off etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather trade just a 4th, but considering his probowl talent level, his size, his ferociousness, his familiarity with Stroud and his age (30 is just about prime), I would gladly trade a 4th and Roscoe, or for that matter a 3rd.

He has been that good in his career, and I would think it is worth the risk.

Upside is we have a top 10 Run defense.

Downside our run defense is better, but not as good as we hoped. We lose a draft pick that we can only hope becomes a quality starter.

True about the drop in play. But the Jags thought Stroud was done too, maybe we can hoodwink them twice! I can't help but think that reuniting these two would bring out the best in both of them. And while it was three, four years ago when they were shutting down run games, I believe they can revisit that era and do the same thing here in Buffalo.

Also, if the rumors I've heard is a 4th for Henderson and that teams wouldn't give more than a 4th for Parrish, and given the need for WRs in Jacksonville, maybe a Henderson for Parrish straight up trade could suffice for both teams. That'd be sweet.

True about the drop in play. But the Jags thought Stroud was done too, maybe we can hoodwink them twice! I can't help but think that reuniting these two would bring out the best in both of them. And while it was three, four years ago when they were shutting down run games, I believe they can revisit that era and do the same thing here in Buffalo.

Also, if the rumors I've heard is a 4th for Henderson and that teams wouldn't give more than a 4th for Parrish, and given the need for WRs in Jacksonville, maybe a Henderson for Parrish straight up trade could suffice for both teams. That'd be sweet.

I'll say this, if I was a fan of Jacksonville, and they traded Stroud for just a 4th, I think I'd be slightly pissed, and for that matter I would be pissed at the Stroud trade as well.

The Buffalo Bills could now be trying to trade there new fourth round draft pick that they just acquired from the Philadelphia Eagles (121 overall) to the Jacksonville Jaguars for defensive tackle John Henderson several sources tell ProFootballCentral. The deal would reunite Marcus Stroud and Henderson who were a dynamic duo in Jacksonville for several years. There are many outlets that are labeling the Bills in need for a left tackle, defensive end and tightend and while those three needs are correct, so is the need for a dominate defensive tackle to line up next to Stroud. The Bills do have Kyle Williams, Spencer Johnson and former first round draft pick John McCargo all on there roster but as of now, none of them have established themselves as a legitimate starter next to Stroud. Henderson, did have a drop off year last year and may have fell out of favor with head coach Del Rio who is rumored to be looking to go young at the defensive tackle position and has been pondering trading the eight year veteran. One thing that is for sure, is that if the Bills don’t think that Henderson is an intense player then they need to look at this video.

The Buffalo Bills could now be trying to trade there new fourth round draft pick that they just acquired from the Philadelphia Eagles (121 overall) to the Jacksonville Jaguars for defensive tackle John Henderson several sources tell ProFootballCentral. The deal would reunite Marcus Stroud and Henderson who were a dynamic duo in Jacksonville for several years. There are many outlets that are labeling the Bills in need for a left tackle, defensive end and tightend and while those three needs are correct, so is the need for a dominate defensive tackle to line up next to Stroud. The Bills do have Kyle Williams, Spencer Johnson and former first round draft pick John McCargo all on there roster but as of now, none of them have established themselves as a legitimate starter next to Stroud. Henderson, did have a drop off year last year and may have fell out of favor with head coach Del Rio who is rumored to be looking to go young at the defensive tackle position and has been pondering trading the eight year veteran. One thing that is for sure, is that if the Bills don’t think that Henderson is an intense player then they need to look at this video.

Where have I seen this before??? :wallbash:

Seriously???

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=87178

Guest dog14787
oooh didnt see it anywhere, can i still see the mystery mobile, skooby?

but his pair of threads beats out SKOOBY's single thread :wallbash: