Shocker - Peters gets all the money.....

VJ91

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-7-89/...-in-Philly.html

Tim Graham - Today

I told you he would get every cent he was demanding from the Wilson Bills. I told you he would be the highest paid OL. Now, the only thing left to see is if he becomes the biggest waste of money in NFL history as most of you believe he will on this board. Or, as I still believe, instead he simply continues his Hall of Fame career, compiling Pro Bowls almost yearly, as the anchor on the left side of the Eagles line for the next 5 or 6 years at least.

I will say it once more since I always said Peters would get his money from some NFL team: This kid has more pride and desire then any bitter Bills fan will ever give him credit for. He is simply a product of today's modern NFL star: he used his ego and his agent because he knew it would work out in his favor. How can anyone blame him for that now??

Flame me, mock me if you must. Tell me to get lost, tell me your sick of my defending him over and over. Who cares? The bottom line is the Wilson Bills dumped an All Pro left tackle because they were just too cheap to pay him what he IS NOW OFFICIALLY WORTH, in the NFL market place. :D

What he got paid in the market place is one thing. What he proves to be worth is another. If he continues to play like last year, it will have been a bad trade for the Eagles. So we'll just have to wait and watch. And if Bell becomes a good LT, it's moot.

Peters played his cards right. Many on the board thought that he hurt himself by missing off season workouts, training camp, and the pre-season games. It appeared that it was a brilliant move. The bills realize that he would play like until he was either traded or paid. Based on what we got for him, I would have rather paid the guy. He is very good when he wants to be. Next Saturday two of the top 3 overall picks will probably be tackles. The teams that draft them are hoping they become Peters. Getting the 28th overall pick and two lower picks was not enough.

What he got paid in the market place is one thing. What he proves to be worth is another. If he continues to play like last year, it will have been a bad trade for the Eagles. So we'll just have to wait and watch. And if Bell becomes a good LT, it's moot.

Good point. But the Eagles are certainly convinced he will more then prove his worth, despite his Pro Bowl season he had last year.

And oh by the way, I have to assume that every fan on this board who continue to be convinced Peters sucked so much last year will never again participate in the "Fan Balloting" for the Pro Bowl moving forward. You all have to think the entire process is tainted and a joke or some kind of conspiracy for players and coaches to help certain other players get huge contracts they don't deserve, right??

Good point. But the Eagles are certainly convinced he will more then prove his worth, despite his Pro Bowl season he had last year.

And oh by the way, I have to assume that every fan on this board who continue to be convinced Peters sucked so much last year will never again participate in the "Fan Balloting" for the Pro Bowl moving forward. You all have to think the entire process is tainted and a joke or some kind of conspiracy for players and coaches to help certain other players get huge contracts they don't deserve, right??

We've had a 7-9 record for 3 , how many probowls did we deserve to be represented at?

Peters played his cards right. Many on the board thought that he hurt himself by missing off season workouts, training camp, and the pre-season games. It appeared that it was a brilliant move. The bills realize that he would play like until he was either traded or paid. Based on what we got for him, I would have rather paid the guy. He is very good when he wants to be. Next Saturday two of the top 3 overall picks will probably be tackles. The teams that draft them are hoping they become Peters. Getting the 28th overall pick and two lower picks was not enough.

Im glad hes gone... Highest payed LT in the league??? WTF! he gave up 12 sacks! Hes LAZY! Whatever... Go away

Of course they're convinced. Otherwise they wouldn't have traded a 1st, 4th, and conditional next year, plus given him a 6-year $60M deal with $25M guaranteed. Again whether he proves to be worth it remains to be seen and last year was a major red flag IMNSHO.

I don't vote for the Pro Bowl, haven't watched it for a long time now, and don't think there is a conspiracy to get players to leave their teams. But it's a joke, both in terms of who gets voted-in and the game itself. I hope the conditional pick is based on Peters making the Pro Bowl, because then it's a shoo-in that the Bills will get the highest possible pick.

But did he play last year like that's how much he's worth. I don't think so! If he had reported to cmap last year participated in all the off-season work, he likely could have played like the prior year, and I believe he would have had the same contract with the Bills, maybe even better. The Bill's did give Evans what he was worth, so calling the Bill's cheap is not based too much on fact. The problem the Bill's hae had is not spending their money wisely, more than not spending it at all.

My precdiction, this season he likely will play like he did two years ago, though not sure that warrented him being the highest paid tackle, but certainly top 5 to 10. Will he elevate his game above that, not so sure, we'll see.

The bottom line is the Wilson Bills dumped an All Pro left tackle because they were just too cheap to pay him what he IS NOW OFFICIALLY WORTH, in the NFL market place. :D

Tim Graham - Today

I told you he would get every cent he was demanding from the Wilson Bills. I told you he would be the highest paid OL. Now, the only thing left to see is if he becomes the biggest waste of money in NFL history as most of you believe he will on this board. Or, as I still believe, instead he simply continues his Hall of Fame career, compiling Pro Bowls almost yearly, as the anchor on the left side of the Eagles line for the next 5 or 6 years at least.

I will say it once more since I always said Peters would get his money from some NFL team: This kid has more pride and desire then any bitter Bills fan will ever give him credit for. He is simply a product of today's modern NFL star: he used his ego and his agent because he knew it would work out in his favor. How can anyone blame him for that now??

Flame me, mock me if you must. Tell me to get lost, tell me your sick of my defending him over and over. Who cares? The bottom line is the Wilson Bills dumped an All Pro left tackle because they were just too cheap to pay him what he IS NOW OFFICIALLY WORTH, in the NFL market place. :wallbash:

He obviously didn't want to be here. Buh-bye. Simple as :D

But did he play last year like that's how much he's worth. I don't think so! If he had reported to cmap last year participated in all the off-season work, he likely could have played like the prior year, and I believe he would have had the same contract with the Bills, maybe even better. The Bill's did give Evans what he was worth, so calling the Bill's cheap is not based too much on fact. The problem the Bill's hae had is not spending their money wisely, more than not spending it at all.

My precdiction, this season he likely will play like he did two years ago, though not sure that warrented him being the highest paid tackle, but certainly top 5 to 10. Will he elevate his game above that, not so sure, we'll see.

So the Bills spend their money "wisely". How can you think that when even you are admitting that Peters will most likely play like a top 5 LT in the NFL for another NFL team this season, while the Bills will be filling his gap with Langston Walker - who absolutely nobody thinks is evern a top 20 LT?? What is "wise" about that kind of personnel decision for a team that has not made the playoffs in 9 straight seasons?? If they knew they were not going to sign Peters, and we all know they knew that months ago, Peters always told them he wanted the best LT money, then how could they not have already signed a better veteran LT then Walker by now??

And I'm tired of hearing how Evans deserved his big payday. He "rewarded" the Bills by putting up 63 lousy catches and all of 3 whole TD's last season, his first after getting the big bucks. And not a single fan out here seems to care how pathetic those numbers are for number one receiver getting top 5 WR money in the NFL. We make all the popular excuses for our few stars. The line was not good. The QB was not good. The OC was not good. But the superstar player is supposed to overcome those excuses and put up the numbers year in and year out. Evans sucked worse then Peters did last year, in my humble opinion.

Tim Graham - Today

Flame me, mock me if you must. Tell me to get lost, tell me your sick of my defending him over and over. Who cares? The bottom line is the Wilson Bills dumped an All Pro left tackle because they were just too cheap to pay him what he IS NOW OFFICIALLY WORTH, in the NFL market place. :D

Just because some team is willing to pay him that much money doesn't mean he's actually worth it. Teams overpay for talent all of the time. The fact is, had the Bills paid Peters what he was demanding to be paid, he would have accounted for almost a tenth of their entire salary cap. Now, considering that we have a lot of players over the next two years that we are going to want to resign, i.e. Lynch and Edwards, who are going to demand more money than they are making now, this move didn't make sense. We just gave Lee Evans a 9 mil a year deal, but he's proven to be worth it. No, he doesn't have a ton of pro bowls, but that's not the only measure. He's consistently been the only threat at WR and most people consider him a top ten WR. Peters had one great season and it's been all down hill from there.

Also, he was demanding 11.5mil from the Bills per season. Philly landed him for 10mil. The Bills had offered him somewhere between 9.35 mil and 9.7mil per season according to some of the chatter on ESPN. There was a link to these figures on another post, but I don't feel like digging for them this early in the morning. The fact is, Buffalo wasn't too far off from what he ended up getting anyway. Do you think that maybe it had more to do with Peters not wanting to play here and Buffalo getting the best value they could for him? That makes more sense, particularly given his poor performance last year.

I agree that if a replacement is found and LT is not in ANY way an eye sore, ESPECIALLY on the current roster then it will become a mute point.

Couldn't agree more. The Bills actually gave him what he wants. More players will follow such moves. We had him locked for 2 years and he had to play and well for if he didn't he wouldn't get his money. And some will say that he plyed awful last year and that Pro Bowl selection is a joke. For the most part it is - that is when the FANS vote you in. How many Bills fans you think voted for Peters? How many opposing fans do you think did the same. When you get voted in by your peers and coaches WHO WATCH THE FILM and PLAY THE GAME, it has a little more meaning, especially at a NON-GLAMOUR position.

Im glad hes gone... Highest payed LT in the league??? WTF! he gave up 12 sacks! Hes LAZY! Whatever... Go away

Don't get caught up in stats, especially stats given up for you don't know who was truly responsible. It's not like a defender getting sacks where you can get official credit.

Eugene Parker is the best agent in football. He took a player with one good season and turned him into one of the highest-paid at his position, even though he sucked out loud last year. The man is an artiste.

PTR

Eugene Parker is the best agent in football. He took a player with one good season and turned him into one of the highest-paid at his position, even though he sucked out loud last year. The man is an artiste.

PTR

We will see how much he "sucks" wearing an Eagles uniform.

Peters won't give up more than three sacks this year for these reasons

1. he will come in fit, ready and with his head in the game

2. He has a legit QB who feels pressure and knows when to get rid of the ball

3. the interior of the pocket wont always be collapsing allowing him to just push the DEs around the pocket, it's going to be so much easier he's going to think he died and went to heaven.

Peters won't give up more than three sacks this year for these reasons

1. he will come in fit, ready and with his head in the game

2. He has a legit QB who feels pressure and knows when to get rid of the ball

3. the interior of the pocket wont always be collapsing allowing him to just push the DEs around the pocket, it's going to be so much easier he's going to think he died and went to heaven.

he'll blow out a knee and/or tear up his groin in the preseason

fixed