I say we package both of our 1st round picks

BILLS #1

and make a trade with Kansas city to get Aaron Curry, he is going to be a Patrick Willis type of impact player and will anchor our defense for years to come, he can play multiple positions if we need him at DE or OLB, then continue with the draft from then on... OG Herman Johnson with our 2nd pick ...and then Tight End Jared Cook with our 3rd.. thats a solid draft so far ... I cant see why it cant happen

and make a trade with Kansas city to get Aaron Curry, he is going to be a Patrick Willis type of impact player and will anchor our defense for years to come, he can play multiple positions if we need him at DE or OLB, then continue with the draft from then on... OG Herman Johnson with our 2nd pick ...and then Tight End Jared Cook with our 3rd.. thats a solid draft so far ... I cant see why it cant happen

I would love to see Aaron Curry in a Bills uniform, however if we could get lets say Eugene Monroe with 11 and maybe Clay Matthews with the 28th pick, and somehow Jarron Gilbert falls to us in 2nd round, I would rather have 3 players that can help then trading 2 first round picks for one player. But this is the Bills so we can speculate until the card is handed to the commish next Sat., and probably still guess wrong.

Trade up into the number 3 slot in the first round? What team do you root for? Do you have any idea what kind of contract Curry is going to command, or any OT that gets picked at that number 3 slot, for that matter? The Bills are shaving payroll, and banking their millions from Toronto. The Bills are not interested in any huge player contracts these days, or they would have signed their 27 year old Pro Bowl left tackle!

I'll be happy if they stay put and use their number 11 pick on a player, and then somehow find the money to sign him at most, 3 weeks into training camp!

the Bills are not in a position to make a trade like that....if they were one or two players away maybe but this team cant afford to essentially trading Peters and their #1 pick for a LB they will have to pay a ton of money to

there is no value in the first 8 picks of the draft. the contracts are way to high.....the Bills are actually in a very good spot at #11 when talking talent + contract = value. here is an average yearly salary of the top picks from 2008.

#1- $11.5 milion

#2- $11.4

#3- $12.0

#4- $10.0

#5- $10.2

#6- $10.0

#7- $ 9.9

#8- $ 6.7

#9- $ 3.8

#10-$3.7

#11-$3.9

#12-$3.5

fast forward

#28-$2.2

We won't pay Peters 11M per season. OK. Yet the third overall pick will probably command 25M guaranteed. Before you post this sort of thing, and no offense here, ask yourself if RW and Littman approve of this. Those two guys are running the show and setting the budget.

There's a reason no one wants to trade into the top 10 from outside that range. IIRC, only Jacksonville has done it in recent years, and that was for a DE in Derrick Harvey.

NO MORE TRADING UP!! If anything, trade down and accumulate more picks. I cant remember the last time that we traded up and landed a true impact player. Like another poster said, we are not 1-2 players away from fielding a nasty team, we need lots of help and lots of draft picks.

Moving up for a linebacker in the first round.....what are you thinking??? With Peters and Dockery gone, we now have to shift our focus back to the O Line. Not to mention our non-existent pass rush which should also be addressed as well as tight end. Way too many other needs pressing to even consider a move like this. I like Curry, BUT... Also agree with other posters that from a dollars and cents standpoint, 11 and 28 look pretty damn good!

We won't pay Peters 11M per season. OK. Yet the third overall pick will probably command 25M guaranteed. Before you post this sort of thing, and no offense here, ask yourself if RW and Littman approve of this. Those two guys are running the show and setting the budget.

There's a reason no one wants to trade into the top 10 from outside that range. IIRC, only Jacksonville has done it in recent years, and that was for a DE in Derrick Harvey.

And Harvey was a long, long holdout - the last to sign, IIRC.

They will not trade up in the first round they will trade down if at all.

Trade down with Washington and pick up an extra 3rd. They might even go for a 2nd, since Denver would likely pick Sanchez if he fell to them. We could still get our LT since Denver would likely pick Tyson Jackson.

Don't bother using that chart, its a boat load of crap.

It's a ballpark way to look to see if a trade has any chance of being considered by either team...but, that's about it.

Some here seem to think if you hit the points, the other team has to trade with you. :thumbsup: