NFL Schedule maker Howard Katz

NY Nole

He was just on Sirius NFL radio talking about the schedule in general. When asked about the Bills/Jets game in Toronto -- he said that no one from OBD expressed any displeasure with this scenario.

Which tells me (1) he is lying or (2) the Bills FO confused the Mets with the Jets. How can anyone think moving a division game to Toronto is not a disadvantage to the Bills?

The fact is people are just generally pissed about any games in Toronto. It doesn't matter what game is played there. People will find reason to complain. Wait a few years. You'll be wishing for the days when it was only one or two games.

PTR

The fact is people are just generally pissed about any games in Toronto. It doesn't matter what game is played there. People will find reason to complain. Wait a few years. You'll be wishing for the days when it was only one or two games.

PTR

<_< We need to try to enjoy these waining years of the franchise....

He was just on Sirius NFL radio talking about the schedule in general. When asked about the Bills/Jets game in Toronto -- he said that no one from OBD expressed any displeasure with this scenario.

Which tells me (1) he is lying or (2) the Bills FO confused the Mets with the Jets. How can anyone think moving a division game to Toronto is not a disadvantage to the Bills?

That was brought up last year. The Bills did not try to include any restrictions against moving division games.

Honestly, I believe him. I don't think the NFL would work against the Bills to schedule games in Toronto, I'm guessing that the league and the Bills agree on a game. I guess the theory would be that they're trying to make Bills fans in Toronto, and are thereby giving them interesting games against traditional rivals.

How can anyone think moving a division game to Toronto is not a disadvantage to the Bills?

The Jets do not have Farve.

The Bills thought it might be tough to sell-out a Thursday night game in December against the Jets.

That was brought up last year. The Bills did not try to include any restrictions against moving division games.

Very true.

But...Katz says about the Bills/Jets game in Toronto -- he said that no one from OBD expressed any displeasure with this scenario.

When would they have an opportunity to express displeasure? Are teams shown their schedule before it is made public and given an opportunity to critique it?

The Jets do not have Farve.

The Bills thought it might be tough to sell-out a Thursday night game in December against the Jets.

The Bills are not the best team at selling-out late season games.

The Bills/Miami game did not sell out in '07 or in '06. (it didn't in '08 either, but at least it was on TV)

There was a time when the Bills did not want any home night games because they did not sell out. That is why the Dallas game was the Bills 1st Monday night home game in 13 years.

The 'comeback' playoff game was not sold out because it was going to be cold that day.

Untrue. Sold out in both years, but too late to lift the blackout in '06. Attendance over 71,000 for both games.

Very true.

But...Katz says about the Bills/Jets game in Toronto -- he said that no one from OBD expressed any displeasure with this scenario.

When would they have an opportunity to express displeasure? Are teams shown their schedule before it is made public and given an opportunity to critique it?

That I can't answer -- Graham or Wawrow probably could -- but I'm guessing they do get a chance to see it before it's finalized.

Not to my knowledge, it does sound like that may be the case from the quote. But, I do know teams can make requests and the NFL will comply if they can, so maybe the NFL decided that if no one made a request, they gave up the right to complain?

SSDD

That I can't answer -- Graham or Wawrow probably could -- but I'm guessing they do get a chance to see it before it's finalized.

I think the same. So...when were the Bills brass given an opportunity to complain? Katz is right, they didn't voice displeasure because they didn't have a chance to (and they never would publically).

My mistake, I thought '07 was the year with all of the blackouts and only double-checked '06.

Why didn't the comeback game sell out?

Short week made even shorter by the New Year's Day holiday, Kelly and Bennett out, and a disappointing loss against the same team in the last week of the regular season.

The most interesting part about that conversation was how shocked that Adam Schien sounded. He made it seem as if he had talked to people in the Bills organization and they were unhappy with the decision - he must have just been reading fan reactions on the web...

The most interesting part about that conversation was how shocked that Adam Schien sounded. He made it seem as if he had talked to people in the Bills organization and they were unhappy with the decision - he must have just been reading fan reactions on the web...

Honestly? I'm glad it's not the Dolphins again. Other than that, I finally get to see the Bucs for the first time and Peyton Manning for perhaps the last time (will he still be playing six years from now?). Hate that they're taking ANY game, but really, any of the other five names on that list wouldn't have bothered me.

In fact, I was selfishly hoping it would be the Pats game, just so we wouldn't have to put up with all the chowdahs at the Ralph for one year.

Short week made even shorter by the New Year's Day holiday, Kelly and Bennett out, and a disappointing loss against the same team in the last week of the regular season.

That's still a pretty lame reason NOT to go to home playoff game. That game will always be a black eye to me. People like to brag how good fans we are but we haven't always shown up. I recall the last home playoff game, Bills/Jax - Kelly's last game, was a struggle to sell out. I think one of the TV stations still had to buy the last few thousands seats anyway. Meanwhile a place like KC shows up no matter what. We're good...just not great.

PTR

Schien was referring to Buffalo's FO reactions after the Miami snooze-fest last year, not their reaction to the Jets announcement yesterday. Schien said that, "in theory", Brandon and Jauron would prefer not to play divisional games in Toronto. He qualified his report with "in theory" twice, emphasizing that it really doesn't matter what they prefer, the Bills front office has zero say in the schedule at the end of the day.

In any event, all of you complaining and skewering the league calendar-makers are way off base. This was Ralph's sweetie deal and I, as a season ticket holder, blame him 100%. After swindling $75 million from his out-of-touch Canadian partners, he can't really turn around and mandate that they only receive dog of the week games for 5 years. Given what those poor saps up North are paying for a seat, they deserve meaningful games.

Well now they're stealing the hallowed "Take a player to school" contest!

http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandg...115001-sun.html

Bastards! Where will it end!

<_<

After the collective bargaining agreement runs it's course, it might be..........take a scab to school.

Or will it be......pick a scab............. to take to school.

I just got my "Bills in Toronto" e-mail. Of course, the word Buffalo does not appear anywhere in the e-mail.

Last time I checked, the team is called the Buffalo Bills -- whether they play in Buffalo, Miami, New England, New Jersey, or Toronto.