Over 95% of NY Incumbants Reelected

theesir

Stagering tax load, no balanced budgets (Hell no budget at all from April until September) and people constantly bitching that we need to get rid of them. What does the proud electorate of NY do?...... They return almost EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM TO OFFICE!!!!!!

<Whine> My taxes are too high, my sales tax is going up, my schools are underfunded</WHINE>

Who did you vote for?

<PROUD> The same guy again! </PROUD> :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

They (the media) talked about this a few months ago, that most people won't see their own person being part of the problem, it's everyone else in the Senate/Assembly.

At least Nancy Lorraine Hoffman might be losing her seat. Even her own party didn't like her.

Wrong board, but I think it's a matter of "It's not my guy that's the problem, it's the upstate/downstate (depending on where you live) guys."

99466[/snapback]

I think today has been deemed a FREE SKATE day here. Election topics OK... tomorrow back to the PPP with them!

Another key point (which is related) is something mentioned in a recent editorial in the Rochester D & C: people vote their own local interests in NY (as opposed to what's in the best interests of the state), and until that changes, we're screwed. We vote for the pork ("Vote for me because I will bring more money to WNY for the ferry, education, etc") that is killing us.

They (the media) talked about this a few months ago, that most people won't see their own person being part of the problem, it's everyone else in the Senate/Assembly.

99462[/snapback]

'Zactly.

There were at least two races , for Chuck Schumer and our local state assembleyman, Bill Parment, where I think the Republican party in essence wrote off the republican candidates because they figured there was no chance to win. Hence, no fundraising help. I saw almost no advertizing for Schumer's opponent, and nothing for Bill Parments republican opponent. My guess is there will be a legitimate campaign when Hillary Clinton comes up for reelection.

Stagering tax load, no balanced budgets (Hell no budget at all from April until September) and people constantly bitching that we need to get rid of them. What does the proud electorate of NY do?...... They return almost EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM TO OFFICE!!!!!!

<Whine> My taxes are too high, my sales tax is going up, my schools are underfunded</WHINE>

Who did you vote for?

99456[/snapback]

Wasn't it Einstein who said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?

There were at least two races , for Chuck Schumer and our local state assembleyman, Bill Parment, where I think the Republican party in essence wrote off the republican candidates because they figured there was no chance to win.  Hence, no fundraising help.  I saw almost no advertizing for Schumer's opponent, and nothing for Bill Parments republican opponent.  My guess is there will be a legitimate campaign when Hillary Clinton comes up for reelection.

99694[/snapback]

You're talking about national races (at least with Schumer and Hillary) I'm talking about our state legislature, which has moved NY to the enviable position of most tax state in the country and all the other mess here and yet they ALL kept their jobs.

Insanity indeed.

Hell, I actually think Schumer has been a good senator for us, but he has no control over what happens at a statewide level. As for Hillary, she's only been there 2 years, tough to make a judgement.

Unless your from the camp that believes she can do NO good BECAUSE she is Hillary, or a woman. To them her record will mean nothing.

All I can say to this is thank god I don't live in New York State anymore. Clinton and Schumer are probably the most imcompetent Senators in NYS history and yet you people vote them in. Their interests lie elsewhere, either downstate or on a national recognition level. Your taxes go up drastically every year and yet you vote an incumbent left wing liberal like Schumer back in office in a landslide. Personally, though I feel sorry for my family that still lives there, I hope that some day soon 80% of your income ends up in taxes because you aren't that far off. Keep vooting in those do-nothing incumbents every election year, you'll all end up begging for someone new.

BTW, all of the problems in NYS aren't Pataki's fault either, things start of the local levels and climb their way to the top.

All I can say to this is thank god I don't live in New York State anymore. Clinton and Schumer are probably the most imcompetent Senators in NYS history and yet you people vote them in. Their interests lie elsewhere, either downstate or on a national recognition level. Your taxes go up drastically every year and yet you vote an incumbent left wing liberal like Schumer back in office in a landslide. Personally, though I feel sorry for my family that still lives there, I hope that some day soon 80% of your income ends up in taxes because you aren't that far off. Keep vooting in those do-nothing incumbents every election year, you'll all end up begging for someone new.

BTW, all of the problems in NYS aren't Pataki's fault either, things start of the local levels and climb their way to the top.

100174[/snapback]

Schumer and Clinton are not raising our state taxes, its the STATE senators and assemblypersons who for whatever reason we keep "rehiring"

I love it when people blame our US senators for our state taxes going up.

Another key point (which is related) is something mentioned in a recent editorial in the Rochester D & C: people vote their own local interests in NY (as opposed to what's in the best interests of the state), and until that changes,  we're screwed.  We vote for the pork ("Vote for me because I will bring more money to WNY for the ferry, education, etc") that is killing us.

99579[/snapback]

I would argue that's because both sides of the state are so drastically different. Buffalo and the surrounds are hurting as usual whereas the land downstate is in different shape.

I would love to live back up there, but I'm not going to come up and deal with this stuff again.

Who did you vote for?

99456[/snapback]

Exactly why I plan on running for assembly in '06.

Here's what's likely coming in 2005 courtesy of Pataki, Silver, Bruno & crew.

1.  Increased NYS income taxes

2.  Statewide sales tax increase

3.  Increased property taxes

4.  Some kind of horrific tax to pay for the Medicaid/Medicare re-adjustment.

Thank you and good night.

100775[/snapback]

Thay can't increase the sales tax. The rest of the country hasn't caught up from the last time they did that.

You're talking about national races (at least with Schumer and Hillary) I'm talking about our state legislature, which has moved NY to the enviable position of most tax state in the country and all the other mess here and yet they ALL kept their jobs.

Insanity indeed.

Hell, I actually think Schumer has been a good senator for us, but he has no control over what happens at a statewide level. As for Hillary, she's only been there 2 years, tough to make a judgement.

Unless your from the camp that believes she can do NO good BECAUSE she is Hillary, or a woman. To them her record will mean nothing.

99739[/snapback]

Bill Parment is a state assembleyman. Our State senator, Pat McGee didn't have to run in this election.

I agree that in one sense US senators and congressman don't have too much say about helping local economies, besides securing federal grand money and a number of other tricks that are widely used, which in the final analyssis may be bad for the country as a whole. I'm talking about "porkbarrel spending." "If you vote to spend money in my district, I'll vote to spend money in your district." In essence congressmen use our (tax) money to buy our votes. The sick truth is it works. We keep voting them in because they "bring money into the area." But since they all do it, it just drives up taxes and deficit spending.

I have nothing against women in political office. I think Clinton will have strong opposition when she runs for reelection mostly because the Clintons are pollitical lighting rods. Personally, I'm a long ways from Hillary on the political spectrum, but that doesn't have anything to do with my opinion about when she runs for reelection..

Who did you vote for?

99456[/snapback]

Same sort of thing is happening in Charlotte NC...Hard to understand from a State that sends Republicans to Washington DC, and keeps all the progressive tax and tax Dems at Home...Charlotte is now top 10 in the US in personal income taxes, and moving up quickly...The Gov, and local idiots are forcing this rediculous Downtown Light Rail crap down our throats in Charlotte while "Rush Hour" now runs from 6:30 AM till almost 7:00 PM...The traffic in this City is WELL beyond out of control...It's a joke! And this City is SO spread out, the idea that a Downtown Light Rail will help is purely laughable... They estimate Charlotte could build 2.5 outer loops for the amount they are spending on this Downtown Light Rail, but it's still being pushed through...And they keep sending the same idiots back to Raleigh, and Local Gov...NC, working hard to become the Rust Belt of the South...