James Harrison gets his

Beerball

Did he hold out and not contact the Steelers? Just wondering.

PTR

No he didn't. Of course as a 31 year old undrafted LB, who was cut numerous times, before finally having his career season, he knew he was not going to command the money Peters' knows he can, and will, eventually get.

Now, if he was a 26 year old undrafted TE, who has evolved into one of the games' elite LT's, as proven by his being named to two consecutive Pro Bowls, Harrison may have held out for a bigger contract himself....Just wondering.

Good for him! Good to see the Steelers gaurantee $20 Million for a player that pretty much won the superbowl for them.

How many playoff games has Peters won for us? Geez, how about even a single winning season...........

Good for him! Good to see the Steelers gaurantee $20 Million for a player that pretty much won the superbowl for them.

That he did with his INT return. It was the difference in the game. I still think his elbow was down before he crossed the line :devil:

:lol:

I'm not following you

What does this have to do with Peters?

I think this was supposed to be quoted instead, another Peters suckup.

No he didn't. Of course as a 31 year old undrafted LB, who was cut numerous times, before finally having his career season, he knew he was not going to command the money Peters' knows he can, and will, eventually get.

Now, if he was a 26 year old undrafted TE, who has evolved into one of the games' elite LT's, as proven by his being named to two consecutive Pro Bowls, Harrison may have held out for a bigger contract himself....Just wondering.

I think Harrison has done far more for the Steelers than Peters has done for the Bills. Harrison could have dragged this on by trying to get 30M+ in guarantees. But for the Steelers players and the organization it is always the team first attitude and to win. Peters should have done exactly what Marcus Stroud and Lee Evans did....Come to play and the Bills will willingly play if you are outstanding as you claim.

Harrison was the Defensive MVP of the NFL for crying out loud...plus he has the longest defensive play in a Super bowl to boot.

My point was here's another player with a good attitude rewarded by his team. Didn't feel the need to flip the bird to his team the second after a good season.

PTR

Excellent point, Promo. And I totally agree with you how refreshing that is to see. The guy made the play of the SB, following a career year, and he did not allow his ego to as you say, "flip the bird" to his team. Nice job James, good for you.

But unfortunately in today's NFL, when more and more players seem to think they can do whatever the hell they want when they want, regardless of the law or the police enforcing it, we must lower our old fashioned standards. Of course Jason Peters is a huge a-hole. Of course he has not led the Bills to even one playoff game, much less made the play of the game in a SB win. But he is one of the most talented, young, athletic LT's in the NFL, and there is nothing in a players' contract today that says he has to act mature about it.

So now I think it is truly time for the Bills FO and coaching staff to put up or shut up about this guy and his 11 Mil a year demands. Pay it, trade him, or ignore him and replace him in the draft if he holds out again. If he holds out the entire pre-season until a few days before the MNF opener at NE, then stick him on the bench for the first 4 games of the season at least, making him work his lazy butt off in practice until he earns his spot back, if he does at all.

But my opinion has not changed, I say pay him the money and enjoy his talent for the next 6 years.