More Scouts' Takes

Love what they say about Pettigrew:

Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma State Scouts Take: “This youngster is nothing short of a stud. We haven’t looked at a TE this high in sometime. He has all of the tools to be one of the greatest with an upside that matches Smith at OT. We have even looked at ways to move up. He is a star who loves the game and practice. We looked hard at his off-field demeanor and are convinced he is a great kid.”

They have him rated the 6th best prospect this year

Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma State Scouts Take: “This youngster is nothing short of a stud. We haven’t looked at a TE this high in sometime. He has all of the tools to be one of the greatest with an upside that matches Smith at OT. We have even looked at ways to move up. He is a star who loves the game and practice. We looked hard at his off-field demeanor and are convinced he is a great kid.”

Ugh...please no, maybe rnd 2

More likely, the Bills take someone is Group B:

Group A: Off-field or character concerns:

Andre Smith ---Without the off field issues that plague him he would CLEARLY be the best player in the draft.

BJ Raji---I doubt others have him as low as we do, but for all the talent there are some issues.”

Michael Oher OT ---only issue is the depth of his desire to play and get better

Brian Cushing LB ---Some concern off-field

Rey Maualuga LB --- Off-field concerns for us however.

Group B: Character Mentioned:

Jason Smith OT Baylor --void of any off-field issues

Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest --character and a love for the game

Brian Orakpo DE Texas---very teachable and hungry

Brandon Pettigrew---star who loves the game and practice

Aaron Maybin DE PSU---loves the game of football and all aspects including working out and practice

Robert Ayers DE Tennessee ---took responsibility for some off-field and maturity issues

Everett Brown DE Florida State---Super character, super athlete

Peria Jerry DT ---married with kids and has his head on straight.

I'd certainly be happy with any pick in Group B, and this is certainly why the War Room gets paid big bucks, especially if they take a risk in Group A with, say Smith or Raji.

More likely, the Bills take someone is Group B:

Group A: Off-field or character concerns:

Andre Smith ---Without the off field issues that plague him he would CLEARLY be the best player in the draft.

BJ Raji---I doubt others have him as low as we do, but for all the talent there are some issues.”

Michael Oher OT ---only issue is the depth of his desire to play and get better

Brian Cushing LB ---Some concern off-field

Rey Maualuga LB --- Off-field concerns for us however.

Group B: Character Mentioned:

Jason Smith OT Baylor --void of any off-field issues

Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest --character and a love for the game

Brian Orakpo DE Texas---very teachable and hungry

Brandon Pettigrew---star who loves the game and practice

Aaron Maybin DE PSU---loves the game of football and all aspects including working out and practice

Robert Ayers DE Tennessee ---took responsibility for some off-field and maturity issues

Everett Brown DE Florida State---Super character, super athlete

Peria Jerry DT ---married with kids and has his head on straight.

I'd certainly be happy with any pick in Group B, and this is certainly why the War Room gets paid big bucks, especially if they take a risk in Group A with, say Smith or Raji.

I'd be happy with Raji or anyone in group B.

I swing forth wildly on Pettigrew. On one hand, he seems like he could be a superstar TE, and with this team, if we could get an Antonio Gates at #11, it'd be a steal.

On the other, Vernon Davis shows that TEs are no more guaranteed than any other position, and we could certainly do better with Fine starting at TE than sticking with Kelsay and Schobel at DE.

I swing forth wildly on Pettigrew. On one hand, he seems like he could be a superstar TE, and with this team, if we could get an Antonio Gates at #11, it'd be a steal.

On the other, Vernon Davis shows that TEs are no more guaranteed than any other position, and we could certainly do better with Fine starting at TE than sticking with Kelsay and Schobel at DE.

I'm not concerned that Pettigrew will be a Vernon Davis (and I'm not convinced Davis won't be a good TE in this league some day). My only concern is, if the Bills take Pettigrew at #11, and pass on a guy like Brown, Orakpo or one of the top OL guys, can they find a suitable replacement for the guy they passed on, in Rd #2 or #3? This draft is really deep at pass catching TEs, so if they pass on Pettigrew at #11, they will probably find a TE that represents an upgrade to the Bills, in a later round.

But, if Pettigrew is the only guy they are sure will make a difference in 2009, and if they think they don't lose much by waiting for a DT/DE/OL...then I'm all for taking the stud TE.

I'd like to hear more about Eugene Monroe, though.

Im starting to like Pettigrew more and more. The Bills in their history have never had a great TE. All this talk about how TO can prevent opposing defenses from doubling evans, imagine giving opposing defenses another thing to think about by adding Pettigrew. It would give Trent a safe option when he needs it. A big plus is Pettigrew is a stud blocker beside being a receiving threat. Should help Lynch in the running game. One of the best ways to help the defense is for the offense to stay on the field more and score more points.

I think you are blinded by your Pettigrew homerosity in general :lol: I also think he's a good player, just not the 6th best in this draft.

Im starting to like Pettigrew more and more. The Bills in their history have never had a great TE. All this talk about how TO can prevent opposing defenses from doubling evans, imagine giving opposing defenses another thing to think about by adding Pettigrew. It would give Trent a safe option when he needs it. A big plus is Pettigrew is a stud blocker beside being a receiving threat. Should help Lynch in the running game. One of the best ways to help the defense is for the offense to stay on the field more and score more points.

what good is a TE if the OC does not have a clue how to use one

Ugh...please no, maybe rnd 2

No way in hell Pettigrew lasts to the 2nd round. I don't see him slipping past 15.

Tough call for this fan. I want the Bills to get this guy, because I've pretty much forgotten how good Ernie Warlick was. But we NEED pass rush! If they take Pettigrew with the 11th, I think we'd have to try to trade for an experienced pass rusher.

JMO.