An idea for Running Back

robkmil

The Bills already brought him in for a look-see a few weeks back.

Its not a terrible option, but I'd love to see if Warrick Dunn has anything left. Good football player, better human being.

I like Dunn he would also add to the passing game.

I like Dunn he would also add to the passing game.

That was my thought as well. I forgot all about Dunn. He was still effective as a runner last season in Tampa and is great out of the backfield. He also came from a "West Coast Offense" and there wouldn't be much of a learning curve. We could probably get him for the Vet's minimum. I don't like the idea of Deshaun Foster though.

Its not a terrible option, but I'd love to see if Warrick Dunn has anything left. Good football player, better human being.

I LOVE the warrick Dunn idea. at the right price and used judiciously---would be a great move.

If i were the Bills i would not make a move at all. Instead wait till training camp cuts and pick up best rb that gets cut. Will get him for the right price and will be ready to play. Yes he will have a shorter time learning the plays. But a Vet will be able to make an easy transition.

If i were the Bills i would not make a move at all. Instead wait till training camp cuts and pick up best rb that gets cut. Will get him for the right price and will be ready to play. Yes he will have a shorter time learning the plays. But a Vet will be able to make an easy transition.

But then you will have a learning curve on the offense. We won't have time for a learning curve because the new RB would be used most during the first few weeks when Marshawn is out.

Is Warrick Dunn Thug enough for this team....I think not :flirt:

But then you will have a learning curve on the offense. We won't have time for a learning curve because the new RB would be used most during the first few weeks when Marshawn is out.

I think you are right about most positions. But running back is a pretty easy position to learn a new teams terms. Look at how many rookies are able to come in and have solid seasons, compared to other positions. And thats going form college to pro. A vetran back would be able to pick everything up and be ready to go in a few weeks. Plus would not cost the team as much. A Dunn is going to cost some money and will probably want a two or three year deal.

Read that last night. I like Foster as a quick fix. Love Dunn, but I think he just doesn't have anything left to give on the gridiron.

He had some good games last season, plus we lost the man that cleans and paints the city. Dunn builds houses for single moms. That is way better then raking up downtown.

Running back has the thinnest playbook on the team...final cut guys that've been in the league a few years would have no problem stepping into a backup role in week 1.

Warrick Dunn is a warm-weather guy. Like Jason Taylor, I think it's extremely unlikely he would want to come to Buffalo. But I love the guy. Very down to earth.

Michael Pittman would fit the style of thugs we apparently have on this team. Just ask Melissa Pittman.

I didn't watch him play last year, but DeShaun Foster's numbers with SF were atrocious. Not sure that he has anything left at 29. I wouldn't mind bringing any of these guys in on a one-year, veteran minimum contract. But X. Omon should get every chance to beat them out for the #3 spot on the depth chart.

He does not carry a gun

forget about it

he would not fit in