How much is Roscoe worth?

It seems to me that if you polled all 32 GMs in the league and asked them to name the top three players in the league at all positions, the only Bills that would land at the top of those lists are Roscoe Parrish at PR and Jason Peters at LT. And people here seem to want to get rid of both of them.

It's possible the GMs would say Brian Moorman at P and Leodis McKelvin at KR but I'm not sure. They may not list Peters but he is one of the only players we have who are right at the top. Evans is highly regarded but not right at the top.

The point is you cant get rid of your best players and get draft picks in return. Especially when you struggle to draft.

Agreed. While Roscoe isn't on the field every play, he can be very effective when he is. What scares the hell out of me is what the Bills would do with a 5th round pick - they'd get some backup OL utility guy (probably a C/G who could play either position but neither well enough), or some DE who maybe sees 3 games as an injury backup - neither of which justifies getting rid of Roscoe IMHO.

If the Bills had a better record of finding solid talent in the draft, especially in later round picks it might be worth a gamble, but I can all but guarantee any trade would be a net negative with what the Bills find in the 5th round. Talent evaluation is what's kept this team a non-contender for a decade.

Sehorn was a KR and got hurt returning a kick off. :wacko:

I dont know of any correlation with PRs getting hurt more than KRs. I think KRs get knee injuries more often.

Ahh crap. Well for whatever reason they haven't used Parrish as a KR since his rookie year. My guess is that his quickness and elusivity (is that a word?) or more of an aid on PR's and his lack of size might expose him more on KR's. Just my $.02.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen McGee return punts. We all know he's a fantastic KR, but if you take him out of the equation at PR you only have Parrish and McKelvin, and I don't like the idea of McKelvin returning kicks, punts, and being a starting CB.

Get rid of Roscoe, Trading him would be a good idea.

get the extra pick or even package him with are 1st and trade down to get more picks....maybe PHI? or DET?

are 1st and Parrish for a 1st and...2nd or 3rd

on the trade note, I would also trade Peters too if theres a good market....

BUFFALO GETS:

1st RD (21)

1st RD (28)

2rd RD (53)

5th RD (141)

EAGLES GET:

1st RD (11)

OT Jason Peters

WR Roscoe Parrish

or........

BUFFALO GETS:

1st RD (20)

3rd RD (65)

6th RD (192)

LIONS GET:

OT Jason Peters

WR Roscoe Parrish

dump roscoe, i could never figure out why he was drafted in the 2nd round. use mckelvin for PR's and go on with life

Well, he was a second round draft pick from the Donahoe era. Can anyone explain what Donahoe was doing?

Which reminds me, why are Modrak and Guy- both Donahoe cohorts- still hanging around?

Roscoe was a 2nd round pick, and is a proven punt returner who can go the distance on any play. I would say that a 3rd would be fair.

Well, he was a second round draft pick from the Donahoe era. Can anyone explain what Donahoe was doing?

Which reminds me, why are Modrak and Guy- both Donahoe cohorts- still hanging around?

Roscoe was a 2nd round pick, and is a proven punt returner who can go the distance on any play. I would say that a 3rd would be fair.

I wouldn't. The guy consistently gives our offense good field position. You can't find a 3rd rounder that is more valuable. What are smoking anyway. :wacko:

Parrish has been the best punt returner in the NFL the past 3 years(sorry Hester). His value takes a little bit of thought outside the added value he gives you on returns over a different player. How much punt distance do other punters give up to make sure the ball is high but short so he can't return it? How much value do they give up when they attempt to punt out of bounds but shank the ball, giving the Bills great field position. How much value do they give up by punting the ball but making sure it bounces way in front of Parrish so he can't return it?

IMHO a 5th rounder is nowhere near his worth as far as how he can flip field position for an offense, and for the poor punts he indirectly causes. I would say a minimum of a 3rd would be more fair...

Parrish has been the best punt returner in the NFL the past 3 years(sorry Hester). His value takes a little bit of thought outside the added value he gives you on returns over a different player. How much punt distance do other punters give up to make sure the ball is high but short so he can't return it? How much value do they give up when they attempt to punt out of bounds but shank the ball, giving the Bills great field position. How much value do they give up by punting the ball but making sure it bounces way in front of Parrish so he can't return it?

IMHO a 5th rounder is nowhere near his worth as far as how he can flip field position for an offense, and for the poor punts he indirectly causes. I would say a minimum of a 3rd would be more fair...

Why don't we trade all of our great proven players and replace them with unproven rookies. What is the matter with people on this board. Here's a concept. Resign your best players AND bring in new talent. Why do people think that we have to give someone up first around here. I never saw so many looney tunes.

We have plenty of draft picks and cap space. What more could we ask for? Giving up good players.........why?

wonder how well founded this rumor is?

two of the teams that could be most interested are the Jets and Dolphins. Generally, teams are loath to trade players to a divisional opponent, but word we’re getting is that Buffalo won’t be ruling out anything. Its sense of urgency to win now is so great that if an offer from a divisional club substantially exceeds that of another club, it will be tempted to pull the trigger.

a fitting move for our FO

First off, who said 4th rounder?

Doesn't matter, anyone outside of Buffalo knows that this is the right move. Apparently so does the FO. If you can't see the logic which has been explained over and over then it will never get through.

One last time.

1) McKelvin was a NCAA record holder who had 7 PR td's and 1 KR td. In his first year as KR, he was one of the best in the league, so to doubt that he can't do something similar as a PR, is silly. Fred Jackson can do some back up duty as PR, averaged over 16 yards a PR last year. Problem solved!

2)Mcgee KR. One of the best in the league. Anyone who argues this point, is desperately trying to prove their point and can't be taken seriously. Problem solved!

3) Parrish has been pretty much useless as a WR. Now we have the emergence of Steve Johnson who now supplants Roscoe as the #4 WR. So he has very little value here.

4) $2.5 Million is way too much to pay a PR, specially considering we have 2 other good options at this position.

5) Saving $2.5 Million. It's funny when I hear so many people say, "what can we do with that money?" ummm, lots of things. Everything is not black or white. $2.5 Million can go a long way in helping to sign other players. You guys pretend like RW wants to save this money and hide it somewhere so he can keep it all to himself. It just cracks me up sometimes. Has the thought ever occured that maybe that money can help to sign another player? I mean, could that be a possibility?

So your answer is to use key regular position players to play a part time role on special teams instead of a proven, very dangerous special teamer? You know, one who regularly helps give an offensively challenged team better field position? That's like saying it would have been smart to cut Tasker because he couldn't be a regular contributor on offense.

Yeah, you'd be a great addition to the BILLS front office. You could save Ralph a bunch of money he doesn't need while continuing the trend of not winning.