Bills meet with CB Vontae Davis?...... Really?

ans4e64

I'm pretty sure the criticism of our front office putting a high value on DB's consists of THIS administration/staff, not the ones dating back to 1990. So, your stating of only the recent picks being used on DB's is actually strengthening their argument and weakening yours, just fyi.

There is a difference between putting a high value on DBs and picking DBs exclusively. There was a post that predicted that the Bills would pick DBs in rd #1 and #2. If that isn't stupid exaggeration, I don't know what is.

Here's my position explained a little better:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1381849

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a difference between putting a high value on DBs and picking DBs exclusively. There was a post that predicted that the Bills would pick DBs in rd #1 and #2. If that isn't stupid exaggeration, I don't know what is.

I agree. Nice post.

I don't think they will use both picks, but I do expect it to happen in either the first or second. Besides, I think the post you are talking about was meant as playful jest. At least I took it as such.

I find myself in agreement with The Dean here.

In addition, the draft cannot be all about the now, the future must be considered as well. Remember, MaGee is a Free Agent Next Year.....

Whats so upsetting that since the Bills took Conlan and traded for Biscuit(in 1987, thats 20 plus years) the only defensive front seven player they drafted in the first round was Erick fricken sucks Flowers. The front seven should be a priorty every year unless you are the Bears of 85. Forget everything else, this teams front seven needs a makeover from top to bottom. Dump them all except maybe Stroud and Mitchell(and Mitchell is a career journeymen).Use the first three picks for the next 3 years at D-Line and LB then maybe we will have a good foundation to build this team around. We are rebuilding again whether we like it or not, which I am ok with except we are back to square one for the 3rd or 4th time in a row and still doing the same stupid things only making the mistakes even worse. When my wife goes to the grocery store she has a list cuopons and a plan for what she is making that week. She gets it all done for a family of five in less then an hour. When I go it takes me two hours to get what we need for the next couple of days and I get that much done because usually some store clerk sees me stumbling around takes pitty on me and comes to give me help. Its obvious that Russ Brandon and Dicky J are alot like me at the grocery store.

Whats so upsetting that since the Bills took Conlan and traded for Biscuit(in 1987, thats 20 plus years) the only defensive front seven player they drafted in the first round was Erick fricken sucks Flowers. The front seven should be a priorty every year unless you are the Bears of 85. Forget everything else, this teams front seven needs a makeover from top to bottom. Dump them all except maybe Stroud and Mitchell(and Mitchell is a career journeymen).Use the first three picks for the next 3 years at D-Line and LB then maybe we will have a good foundation to build this team around. We are rebuilding again whether we like it or not, which I am ok with except we are back to square one for the 3rd or 4th time in a row and still doing the same stupid things only making the mistakes even worse. When my wife goes to the grocery store she has a list cuopons and a plan for what she is making that week. She gets it all done for a family of five in less then an hour. When I go it takes me two hours to get what we need for the next couple of days and I get that much done because usually some store clerk sees me stumbling around takes pitty on me and comes to give me help. Its obvious that Russ Brandon and Dicky J are alot like me at the grocery store.

Interesting analysis... exposes the point that you can't build a defese from back to front. This process must go the other way around. The Bills in the SB years were lucky to have Smith, Biscut and Talley all on the same roster. Arguably without Smith creating havoc up front the others would have been average players.

Interesting analysis... exposes the point that you can't build a defese from back to front. This process must go the other way around. The Bills in the SB years were lucky to have Smith, Biscut and Talley all on the same roster. Arguably without Smith creating havoc up front the others would have been average players.

If you really believe that, then you can kiss the Bills goodbye, until they completely turn over their current defensive personnel. Because, if the Bills add some pass rush, and their defense improves, for the second straight year, this D will have been built from the back, to the front.

Personally, I don't give a rat's ass which way the D gets built, as long as it gets built, and you need to have a good pass rush, and a good defensive backfield, in the NFL, now. They may have been more successful, in the interim, had they built front to back, but they could very well end up at the same place doing it in reverse.

Im with you on this one Dean...

Have your doctor on standby. I predicted months ago that the Bills would select Davis in the first round. As long as Dick Levy has any say, this team will focus primarily on the secondary at the direct expense of both lines, and of course a winning record.

Hey, 15-20 DBs on training camp roster are not enough.