Bills meet with CB Vontae Davis?...... Really?

ans4e64

NFL | V. Davis has met with several teams

Share: Tweet me!

Thu, 09 Apr 2009 11:18:03 -0700

Albert Breer, of SportingNews.com, reports University of Illinois CB Vontae Davis has met with the Buffalo Bills, New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles and New Orleans Saints.

I'd have a heart attack if we took this kid 11th overall.

Even if he fell to the 2nd round.... no way.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've met with a few cornerback propsects. They are a maddeningly stubborn, inept franchise. If something does not work, and has not worked, why keep repeating it?

At least with Malcolm Jenkins you could assume he'd play Safety. Not that I think choosing a safety at 11 is ok, either. But a CB?

Relax guys, it's called due dilligence, you know how that works as well as I do Ans.

Also, it's not that outlandish that Buffalo picks up a CB or two, considering that McGee and Youboty are both FAs after this season. Especially when their best pure cover man left in FA this offseason.

Have your doctor on standby. I predicted months ago that the Bills would select Davis in the first round. As long as Dick Levy has any say, this team will focus primarily on the secondary at the direct expense of both lines, and of course a winning record.

Have your doctor on standby. I predicted months ago that the Bills would select Davis in the first round. As long as Dick Levy has any say, this team will focus primarily on the secondary at the direct expense of both lines, and of course a winning record.

Hey, if they traded Peters and ended up with 2 first round picks, they could end up with a Vontae Davis/ Malcolm Jenkins tandem.

:wub::censored::wallbash:

You might want to invest in a home defibrillator Bill.

Relax guys, it's called due dilligence, you know how that works as well as I do Ans.

Also, it's not that outlandish that Buffalo picks up a CB or two, considering that McGee and Youboty are both FAs after this season. Especially when their best pure cover man left in FA this offseason.

^^^^^^What he said ^^^^^^

You guys ever hear of Tom Brady, Randy Moss and Wes Welker (add in Greg Lewis, Joey Galloway, and Fred Taylor)?

We have some FA DB's next year, and our DB's have been injury prone...going to be pretty hard to take the division from the Pats if we can't beat them...

^^^^^^What he said ^^^^^^

You guys ever hear of Tom Brady, Randy Moss and Wes Welker (add in Greg Lewis, Joey Galloway, and Fred Taylor)?

We have some FA DB's next year, and our DB's have been injury prone...going to be pretty hard to take the division from the Pats if we can't beat them...

The 4 greatest defensive backs in the history of football couldn't cover an average receiving corps if there is no pass rush and they have to cheat on the run because the rushing defense sucks.

One would think that being a Bills Fan has taught this to us all.

Will you change your nickname to Dick of New York if you are your old, tired line is wrong?

Why? That jumps a heart. Does not help the soul.

The probem isn't that. The problem is that once you get past Monroe County, nobody has heard of Aaron Schobel, Chris Kelsay, Ryan Denney, Kyle Williams, Kirk Chambers, and our starting left guard, Brandon Rodd.

The probem isn't that. The problem is that once you get past Monroe County, nobody has heard of Aaron Schobel, Chris Kelsay, Ryan Denney, Kyle Williams, Kirk Chambers, and our starting left guard, Brandon Rodd.

Hey it's the starters for the all-white reject team

Hey, if they traded Peters and ended up with 2 first round picks, they could end up with a Vontae Davis/ Malcolm Jenkins tandem.

:wub::censored::wallbash:

Bill will need that defibrillator if we walk away from this draft with Oher, Ayers/Barwin, Loadholt, and Unger.

Oh, for Christ's sake, are people actually complaining about the FO doing their job, and bringing in an assortment of players? Do these people not have real jobs and know about "Due Diligence"?