Billy Bob Thornton

WWVaBeach

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought BBT was being a total douche until I got about half way through the interview. Could have been handled better, but if they laid ground rules beforehand and then the interviewer decided to provide "context" anyway, then it was a douche reversal.

Ground rules? What ground rules? I'd tell the schmuck "no ground rules. It's my show and I'm interviewing you. I'm doing you and your band a favor by promoting you on my show." That's what happens when you've got a Hollywood **** in your band who doesn't need the money.

Dud was banging A. Jolie....he must have something going for him....

I don't know, man....her own brother was throwin' it in her too, so it's not like the bar was set all that high.

Ground rules? What ground rules? I'd tell the schmuck "no ground rules. It's my show and I'm interviewing you. I'm doing you and your band a favor by promoting you on my show." That's what happens when you've got a Hollywood **** in your band who doesn't need the money.

I doubt you'd last very long in the interview biz if you go around pissing off your interviewees, man. We can play "who's the douche" all night, but people in that biz gotta bow down!

He should have asked him if he thought he'd even be on the show if it wasn't for his fame. If he didn't like that there were no ground rules then bye bye fella.

Dud was banging A. Jolie....he must have something going for him....

Poor eyesight and stupidity.

I doubt you'd last very long in the interview biz if you go around pissing off your interviewees, man. We can play "who's the douche" all night, but people in that biz gotta bow down!

And that is why I'm not in the interview business. Especially interviewing Hollywood azzholes. My loathing of Hollywood celebrities has been well documented here. I would never bow to any of those narcissistic good for nothings.

And that is why I'm not in the interview business. Especially interviewing Hollywood azzholes. My loathing of Hollywood celebrities has been well documented here. I would never bow to any of those narcissistic good for nothings.

You and me both...I hate people who celeb worship.

:wub: "her own brother was throwin it in her too" Brilliant!!!

I think we've got a winner here!

lol, sh-- still creeps me out....

I would, too. i think it's obvious he did not, though. None of us knows if he was given the conditions, or not. If he was, he should have told them to pound salt. In fact, every interviewer that gets those instructions should tell him to go fug himself. Maybe then he would get that, as a musician, he is way under the radar, and will get no press.

But, if they pretend to agree, and then just "forget" they are douchebags, too.

Bottom line though, is that the dude's band would have never been given media coverage if BB wasn't a famous actor and for BB to pretend like that isn't the case is douche-baggery. He can pound sand if he doesn't like it.

That would have been my first response to him when he started his sh--. Followed by "when you sell one/one hundreth the number of albums Tom Petty has sold, you can compare yourself to him, you pompous !@#$ing assclown."

Reminds me of my days of managing a record store. It was around the time that Morrissey (yeah, that guy) put his first solo album out. He was coming through Austin, on his way to Dallas to do a show. As he wasn't playing in Austin, his managment wanted him to stop in Austin, as it is a great music town, for a little PR, for the new solo album. They tell us, that Morrissey will sign a "limited number" of autogrpahs, say, maybe the first 100 fans to show up at the store. The one rule is, "nobody, absolutely, nobody, can get any Smiths junk signed. He will only sign copies of his new solo album.

So, for those of you who don't know, Morrissey fans are obsessive and kind of scary. They started camping out in the store parking lot the night before. IIRC, he was scheduled to come to the store, around 1pm. His entourage required lots of special attention, specific kinds of bottled water, organic veggies, etc.

The crowd was getting pretty rowdy, and we had to listen to his friggin' solo album over and over again. He ended up coming about an hour late. We bring him through the back door, and it is obvious he doen't want to be there, kind of a sullen prick...

After all of the hullabaloo, he goes out to grant his audiece...no more than 10 or 15 minutes into it (about 10 autographs signed) some cute little chick has the audacity to pull a Smiths 7 inch vinyl out of her purse ("This Charming Man" if I recall)... you woulda thought somebody had taken a shot at the president or something... all of the sudden, Morrissey and his entourage get up and leave the store... the record label guy was kind of embarassed, but Morrissey's "handler" reminded me that "you were told, he will not sign anything that is not related to his solo work" as if I had just committed some mortal sin...honestly, I remember saying to his "handler"..."Okay, sorry...no reason to make yourself look like an !@#$ over it"...

Billy Bob=Morrissey

I do feel for his bandmates, though. I think Thornton wanted the interview to be about the band, and not to focus on him, and his acting. But, this was a bad tactic, as it put even more emphasis on him, and turned into a side-show, instead of a discussion about the band and their (probably crappy) music. I'm also going to guess the interviewer knew they requested he not talk about Billy-Bob's acting career, and did it anyway.

If I were BBT, I would have ignored the interviewer's screw up, and given a music-centered interview...and then blasted him at the end for being unprofessional and a douche.

I usually like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but he was a complete Tool. I saw the look he had on his face, and it was one of a jerkoff. Even if they were instructed to not talk about his acting career, he handled it completely wrong, all the host was doing was segwaying the introduction to identify to his listeners who he was.

The good part about it is, that millions of people will see him for what he is, a rooster.