My God Sabres Fans....Are ANY of your games, EVER...

Lv-Bills

As a Pens fan, I've been flipping through NHL Center Ice the last few weeks trying to watch some of the teams the Pens have passed, or teams that the Pens are chasing, and it seems that every Buffalo game is in NON-HD. Is this true?

Do you all have any games in HD, ever? I'm being serious. Other than an opposite teams feed, do you ever have your home feed in HD? Man, I would be pissed if I were you guys!

:worthy:

As you can see, I am in philly, there are no Sabres games in HD on center ice. I am being told there are issues with MSG and the NHL. With the way they are playing, I can live with the up-converted dtv broadcast.

I remember last year as more and more people got HD signals, everyone in the Burgh about revolted because the Pirates and Pens weren't in HD. That didn't last long with FSP, and now the channel is in HD full time.

I was just wondering if I was seeing things right about the Sabres.....but man, if I were a Sabres fan, I'd be pissed off. What a joke. I feel for you guys.

As you can see, I am in philly, there are no Sabres games in HD on center ice. I am being told there are issues with MSG and the NHL. With the way they are playing, I can live with the up-converted dtv broadcast.

The way they are playing barely justifies checking the box score in the paper.

Chicago/Boston seem to always be on in HD. Toronto and Buffalo hardly ever. Except on Saturday when they are on HNIC on the NHL network. I really get annoyed when the only about half of the Sharks games are in Hd. Here in the tech saturated Silicon Valley you would think we would be on the cutting edge of everything tech. Very frustrating.

I'm not sure what it is exactly, but apparently the dispute is between the NHL and MSG, so it doesn't only apply to Direct TV but all NHL center ice subscribers.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/...ct-disupte.html

From the reading I've done, it sounds like MSG doesn't think that the NHL paid them for the HD feeds only the regular feeds so they had to shut them down. I'm thinking it is just MSG being greedy and we get to suffer. First half of the year was great tons of HD but so bad lately.

They haven't been in HD on Direct TV for about a few months or so due to a dispute between MSG and Direct TV .

I thought the home games were in HD & the away games are not? Has that changed? I really have not watched many sabres games down in my basement(where i have my hd tv lately.

TW airs all the home games in HD, but all the away games on MSG are in standard definition. As previously mentioned it's a money dispute, imagine that! And FYI, the Sabres aren't the only team that this affects, so there could very easily be additional "My God (insert MSG aired team here) Fans" threads as well...