Owens in BUFF!

The Brandon/Rosenhaus lovefest continues!

If you don't think Stroud getting an extension had anything to do with this...you silly!

The two work out an extension...have a few stumbling blocks....Russ is concerned the city and fans may lose some momentum with TO not showing up...Drew says if Russ can sweeten it a tad for Stroud, he'll get TO to show up this week....deal done...Drew calls TO "Hey baby....they love you up here...they can't get enough of you. The jerseys are flying off the shelves...it's crazy. I think you should come up here for a few days and meet some of the guys...show a little good will to the fans...they'll eat it up. Just a few days and see how it goes."

We are in bed with the devil!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're about to talk about it on ESPN News. It's also on the ticker at the bottom.

Sshh...that doesn't count....ESPN hates us, and Mort is a fool!!! :worthy:

I saw Linda Cohn mention it about 3 hours ago, they even had stock footage of TO in his Cowboys uniform...

BTW- I love Linda Cohn...still sexy after all these years...but, I could swear, I had the tv on low in the backround, and couldn't really hear, and I swear, the graphic for the Marshawn Lynch suspension story said that he was being suspended for 4 games. Did anyone else see that? I know the ticker says 3 games now....

The Brandon/Rosenhaus lovefest continues!

If you don't think Stroud getting an extension had anything to do with this...you silly!

The two work out an extension...have a few stumbling blocks....Russ is concerned the city and fans may lose some momentum with TO not showing up...Drew says if Russ can sweeten it a tad for Stroud, he'll get TO to show up this week....deal done...Drew calls TO "Hey baby....they love you up here...they can't get enough of you. The jerseys are flying off the shelves...it's crazy. I think you should come up here for a few days and meet some of the guys...show a little good will to the fans...they'll eat it up. Just a few days and see how it goes."

We are in bed with the devil!

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some of that in there. CAA does stuff like that all the time, except they usually do it with actors. It ain't the way I would want to do business, but I think that's pretty much SOP, if you have the clients to pull it off.

In this case, I'm glad they were able to put that together. Win-win for all sides, IMO.

His post seems like no one came out to see him at Tempo...I'm guessing that wouldn't be the case if his twitter had been out for a week or so.

One of his messages also said "WENT THERE LAST NIGHT FOOD WAS AWESOME"....I wonder where he ate yesterday?

Lets just hope this one year "experiment" works! Get in there, learn the new playbook, understand your cow workers, and please please please dont be an !@#$ and ruin an already down trodden team!

He was with the Cowboys last year! Moron! :lol:

Pffft, who's this Tim Graham guy? I've never heard of him and he writes for ESPN. Why the hell should I trust him.

:worthy:

BUFFALO BILLS

Roscoe Parrish WR

Drayton Florence CB

Marcus Stroud DL

Terrell Owens WR

Pat Thomas LB

These are all of DR's current clients on the Bills - and why I think TO eventually showed up and Roscoe will probably not be traded, unless that team is going to pay him more than we extended. Drew is one of the agents the Bills like, so they're going to try to keep his clients as happy as possible.

I'm not doubting you, but I don't remember hearing or reading that. Do you have a link?

Peters shouldn't take the chance of sitting out, we all saw how slow and out of the game he was when he came back after holding out last year. I am ready to see him go!

He was with the Cowboys last year! Moron! :wallbash:

Pffft, who's this Tim Graham guy? I've never heard of him and he writes for ESPN. Why the hell should I trust him.

:)

:blink:

Really? wow, Im so happy you cleared that up for me, I get so confused I still think Mould was on the other side........

The original post was supposed to mean that he needs to get in here, learn the play book and the other players strengths and weakness. I was under the impression that team chemistry was a good thing, must be that brain acting up again....

While I know it is voluntary, and not a big deal to miss these, I think Peters would do wonders for the contract talks, if he decided to show up...even if only for a few days. That may sound naive, I know. I'm not suggesting it will work to make the Bills cave...I'm just saying it can't hurt, and it is a very small, but potentially meaningful, gesture. If I were his agent, I'd have him workout, at least a for a few days.

For Peters fiscal purposes the Bills can cave in either of two ways:

1. They can sign him to the contract he thinks he deserves (this worked for Evans and Stroud by showing up for voluntary OTAs). This would speak to showing up.

2. They can trade him elsewhere and the new team would almost certainly only do this if they knew they could sign Peters to a new deal and not just simply inherit the Bills problems. This would speak to staying away as much as he could (he apparently will show up for mandatory stuff this year but I suspect he will be acting all sullen and increase the calls by some to get rid of him though if the Bills do it pays huge benefits to Peters financially.

My guess is he stays away as long as he judged it useful which is likely until mandatory workouts.

Graham covered it which was good. However, his post seems to emphasize the lack of connection in his reporting to have determined why Owens did this act which was so unusual for him.

Graham does lay out some theories as to why Ownes should have attended (customary for new players, develop chemistry with young Edwards) but it would simply have been good reporting if Graham could have found out whether these were in fact motivations for TO.

He does say that some pundits and observers were surprised (like who or was it mostly Graham himself and if so then say so) but again good reporting would call for interviewing some of these pundits to ask whether they though TO showing up represented some significant change.

Graham does mention the fact that Jauron knew ahead of time that he was going to be honored for his charitable work in DC while the voluntary practices were going on. Between that, the fact that he just got traded and the Bills voluntary practice was clearly not part of his plans a week or 10 days before while his schedule is probably set at least a month out, any pundit who took umbrage at TO missing the voluntary workout on the face of it is being unreasonable.

However, Graham does not explore or even mention this alternative view of reality.

Overall, I think that a report from Graham would have been better reporting if he had actually just gone with the facts that TO was there and he generally has not gone to past voluntary practices.

His straying off into mentions of this being surprising to some unnamed folks simply comes off to me as incomplete reporting.

Perhaps Graham is waiting to do a more complete job when TO provides him with another fact which undercuts the conventional wisdom that TO is a toxic asset for the Bills.

He has two (a. A jump to a conclusion that TO has already started dividing the team by missing the voluntary workout- a dumb report by PFT among others is simply a false conclusion as no one expressed any problem with this and TO was actually not there getting a long scheduled reward for his Alzheimers workand Jauron knew about this and TO did not need an excused absence anyway because you do not need an excuse for a voluntary workout, b. TO actually did attend a voluntary workout).

A good reporter has tons of objective facts here which demonstrate that those who claim TO is already a cancer are simply wrong (at least so far) and that TO in fact has done two things which are unusual for him or many players that are positives worth noting (he got recognized for unusually good work by a player on Alzheimers and unusual for him showed up for a voluntary practice.

If Graham wants to be considered an adequate reporter that is fine (though preferably he should just report the facts unless he wants to work hard and name names of the pundits he generally references). If instead he wants to be judged a good reporter then he should do the work of getting an interview with TO to find out from the horses mouth why he changed his usual habit or theorizing as he seemed to do in this article about the positive reasons that T.O.s actions so far may indicate.

I think the Graham report simply emphasized what was not there rather than just the facts of what was.

Peters shouldn't take the chance of sitting out, we all saw how slow and out of the game he was when he came back after holding out last year. I am ready to see him go!

As long as we don't trade him, I don't see him holding out. This would be the worst advice his agent could possibly give him. If he risks having another mediocre year, then there is little doubt that no team will pay him what he and his agent wants. I think they know this. If he doesn't get traded, I predict that he will show up at least for the beginning of preseason.