So How Will This Hijacked US Ship Saga End?

Oh , please. Enough with the drama. This one is slow and low, right over the middle of the plate for our new president.

Well, so much for that idea. Not that I am sorry, I'm happy, let's these idiot know that crews can defend themselves = deterrent. But this would have been good for Obama to get this done and send a message that he's not going to put up with any BS. Still waiting for the test that Biden was talking about....

....then again, whose to say that these guys did this themselves rather than some ready force we had spooled up, but that we want to keep quiet? I can't imagine that with all this piracy stuff, the Atlantic Navy guy didn't have at least some plans in the works.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per White House press secretary Robert Gibbs in a statement: "The White House is closely monitoring the apparent hijacking of the U.S.-flagged ship in the Indian Ocean and assessing a course of action to resolve this situation. Our top priority is the personal safety of the crew members on board."

Man those Pirates are in serious trouble. I bet UN sanctions will make them stop hijacking ships or Shooting missiles in the.....wait......ooops.

Helicopter a sniper team to Maersk Alabama, then negotiate with precision....

If this administration ever sent a sniper team to take those guys out, I'd quit my job and start selling "How to get Michelle Obama Arms In 10 Easy Steps" videos.

Per White House press secretary Robert Gibbs in a statement: "The White House is closely monitoring the apparent hijacking of the U.S.-flagged ship in the Indian Ocean and assessing a course of action to resolve this situation. Obviosly this inherited situation would be easier to fix if Rush Limbaugh would stop his divisive rhetoric and cable news would cut us some slack. Our top priority is the personal safety of the crew members on board and not to offend the hijackers, obviously upset by our selfish ways. Clearly this is our fault.Given that the world world loves us again, this will be possible."

FIXED

"We had one of their hostages, we had a pirate. We took him for 12 hours. We tied him up. We returned him. But they didn't return the captain," Quinn said.

Oh, how ungentleman-like!

You really think it would be different now that Obama is the president. That the terrorists would start playing by the rules. Hmm! Let's go study this whole 'Trusting Terrorists Somali Pirates Rambunctious Horn of Africa Floating Scavengers to Follow the Rules' concept some more; I'd say it deserves a $600M federal grant.

Jeeze...pay'em. The Treasury Dept. issued a trillion dollars' worth of debt last week. They can roast some weenies with their cut...but take out 20% for carbon tax.

Apologize to them. Sign them up for a focus group. Hand them absentee ballots. It's a brave new world.

Some classic lines are coming out, though:

"We are surrounded by warships and don't have time to talk," one said. "Please pray for us."

Pirates there [somalia] said two boats full of gunmen had left the port to go and support their surrounded colleagues. "We are afraid warships will destroy them before they reach the scene," one told Reuters.