Mike Mayock's Mock Draft Picks 1-10

If this happens in RD1, there will be lots of beer on the floor, lots of groans, some "WHA....OH NO!!!"'s, and then Bills fans will begin to see a logic in the pick, around Game 2 or 3.

Do I want that to be the pick, I'd rather see DE or TE, but he's in my Fave 5.

I'm with you, on that. I'll throw LB and OL into the list of positions I'd rather see them take, this year, in the first round. But, if they pick Jenkins, I'll be very excited to see him in a Bills' uni.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I take Cushing or Crabtree. Sure we have receivers, but Crabtree is a stud who was head and shoulders above anyone else in college at his position. He will be the next Larry Fitzgerald. If he is gone, which I think is a strong possibility, I take Cushing. The guy plays lights out on every single play. He is a football player. Put him with Poz and Mitchell and we have a Very SOLID linebacking corp. I am not crazy about rookie DE's because the Olineman they are going up against in the pros are just so much more physical than at the college level. Guys AWAY from the line of scrimmage have more room to roam, and will have much more opportunities to make an impact.

Don't draft guys from Texas. They are mentally soft, and have not fared well in the pros. Mack Brown just cuddles the hell out of his players.

I hope you meant coddles. <_<

Anyway, Cushing would be a great pick. Look at Patrick Willis's numbers as a rookie. We'd have an elite LB corps. We'd still need pressure on the passer, and a strong OLB pick at #11 would mean that Pick 2 WON'T be a "tweener" DE/OLB type, but a true pass rusher--someone like Ayers, Ziggy Hood, maybe Jarron Gilbert.

This past Friday Mike Mayock announced his mock draft for picks 1-10. Here is how he sees it.

1. Detroit. Matt Stafford QB Georgia

2. St. Louis. Jason Smith OT Baylor

3. Kansas City. Eugene Monroe OT Virginia

4. Seattle. Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest

5. Cleveland. B.J. Raji DT Boston College

6. Cincinnati. Andre Smith OT Alabama

7. Oakland. Darius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland

8. Jacksonville. Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri

9. Green Bay. Michael Oher OT Mississippi

10. San Francisco. Mark Sanchez QB USC

We all know how scary accurate Mayock is with draft predictions. If these picks came true then the Bills would be on the clock with these players to choose from: Bryan Orakpo, Michael Crabtree, Everette Brown, Aaron Maybin, Brian Cushing, Rey Maualuga, Clay Matthews & Brandon Pettigrew.

If the draft did turn out this way, then who should the Bills take?

Either the DT or MLB from USC. Oher in tyhe top 10 <_<

Anyone dead set on taking a DE should take a look at the kid from Northern Illinois.....he may be better than Oropko or Browne, but has less talent around him

I've seen interviews, read stories and he doesn't come off like that at all. He actually seems like a fairly humble guy to me. He worked to improve himself every year in the gym and on the field. Now, he's an athletic freak of nature who's name I hope Goodell calls when the Bills send in their selection. Quickness, power, and decent speed all wrapped into one. I think he would easily bench Kelsay.

(BTW, I meant prima dona as someone pointed out!) He does seem kind of cocky in some interviews I saw; touting his own horn but I don't even pretend to know the guy so we'll see. As long as he produces I could care less!

This isn't even a debate. Orakpo's a monster. Besides that workout warrior Sidbury, he's the fastest DE out there and he's 6'4" 260 lbs. He's a pure 4-3 DE, outweighing Brown by almost 15 lbs. Both players produced, both went invisible some games. I'll be happy with Brown at #11 if Orakpo's already gone (which he will be); otherwise they should run to the podium with Orakpo's name on their card.

I'd be happy with either one but based on tape I saw and production, Brown ssems to have that twich that you just can't teach; you have to be born with it. I may be wrong but I think Orakpo will be frustrated in the next level as he won't be able to overpower every opponent plus while he definitely isn't slow, he is not impresive with his explosiveness.

Everett Brown will be a better end than Orapko. That's how I see it.

I think Orapko will be a decent End in this league, not a big sack guy. Remember, most of his sacks were from manhandling his opponents, and he won't be able to do that with as much ease in the NFL. Where as Brown, has explosiveness off the edge and more polished passrushing moves than any other player coming out of this year's draft.

So, I hope, if he is available, that the Bills draft Brown.

That is what I'm saying you heard!

I'd be happy with either one but based on tape I saw and production, Brown ssems to have that twich that you just can't teach; you have to be born with it. I may be wrong but I think Orakpo will be frustrated in the next level as he won't be able to overpower every opponent plus while he definitely isn't slow, he is not impresive with his explosiveness.

That is what I'm saying you heard!

Check out Larry English from Northern Illinois. He doesn't have the surrounding talent that either of those guys did, and got double teamed quite a bit more. He may be a better all around player than either of them.

Check out Larry English from Northern Illinois. He doesn't have the surrounding talent that either of those guys did, and got double teamed quite a bit more. He may be a better all around player than either of them.

I like Larry English, ALOT!!!!

But he lacks the size that Brown has, and as much as I hate to categorize a player to what style he "best suits", I do think that Brown will be a more successful 4-3 End, where English will most likely be caste into a 3-4 rushing LB.

Well, I assume you don't mean he is like players before Jesus' mother, Mary (AKA The Madonna). So, I assume you are referring to the pop singer, "Madonna".

Are you suggesting he is an old-school player, much like those who played before Madonna became popular, in the early 80's? Or, are you suggesting he is small, and slow, like many players before Madonna was born, in 1958?

<_<

I'm such a prima donna.

:thumbsup:

Everett Brown will be a better end than Orapko. That's how I see it.

I think Orapko will be a decent End in this league, not a big sack guy. Remember, most of his sacks were from manhandling his opponents, and he won't be able to do that with as much ease in the NFL. Where as Brown, has explosiveness off the edge and more polished passrushing moves than any other player coming out of this year's draft.

So, I hope, if he is available, that the Bills draft Brown.

6' 1 1/2" is too short to be a DE in the NFl. Any other ideas?

You take Crabtree, as he is the BPA available at a position of need. T.O. will be here for 1 year, and after that... who knows? Will Steve develop, or Hardy?

Since they drafted a WR in the 2nd round, last year, and seem to have another of 2008's picks developing, I think they give the kids a chance to play, before replacing them with another, unproven, draft pick.

What little I've seen of Orakpo, he's a diamond in the rough. He has great speed, quickness, and strength. He's also very unpolished and has developed very few pass rush moves. This is probably coachable.

Everette Brown on the other hand is the most polished pass rusher available in this draft. He has all the moves and performs them fluently. He's not as explosive and strong as Orkapo however.

He can bench 485,strong enough for me. He also has that quick first step.

Everette Brown played all over the defensive line in college and wreaked havoc from every spot. Left side, right side, middle, it didn't matter where he was he was disruptive. This guy will make sure opposing QB's recognize where he is lined up every play. Hopefully he will be the Bills pick at #11.

Since they drafted a WR in the 2nd round, last year, and seem to have another of 2008's picks developing, I think they give the kids a chance to play, before replacing them with another, unproven, draft pick.

& we have T.O..

I'll take Crabtree, seen a lot of both Orakpo and Crabtree.......Crabtree is the best player in the entire draft, Orakpo is a workout warrior who will be a decent but not great DE.

What did Coach Ditka say the other day on Mike and Mike? Some of those guys looked great in the shower but when we got out on the field they weren't football players, so let Mr. workout warrior go lift somewhere else. I want someone who will immediately step in and play on the defensive side. We need to stop people, if they can't score they can't beat us. simple