Cheapskate Ralph and Peters

BB-Gun

Now, if the Bills were to trade away Peters and draft a LT for less that what Peters was demanding, how many people would be happy about that?

Now, what if our rookie LT does not perform up to people's expectation, and actually looks like a rookie out there? Will the fans (fanatics) start calling out Ralph Wilson as the problem, and call him a cheapskate? "If Ralph only paid what Peters was demanding, we wouldn't be in this mess."

I get the impression that Ralph cannot win with the fans. He is either a cheapskate or over-paid for a player. I'm not a huge Ralph Wilson fan, but I've never seen him on the sidelines on game day, and never seen him miss a tackle either.

Granted, Bills do not spend money like the Giants, Redskins, and Cowboys. But, we have a much bigger scouting staff than the Bengals, and do spend more on free-agents than the Steelers. Also, we have the cheapest tickets in the NFL. We may be able to afford more for salaries if Bills fans spent money like the Redskins fans.

With that being said,... OK, let me have it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, if the Bills were to trade away Peters and draft a LT for less that what Peters was demanding, how many people would be happy about that?

Now, what if our rookie LT does not perform up to people's expectation, and actually looks like a rookie out there? Will the fans (fanatics) start calling out Ralph Wilson as the problem, and call him a cheapskate? "If Ralph only paid what Peters was demanding, we wouldn't be in this mess."

I get the impression that Ralph cannot win with the fans. He is either a cheapskate or over-paid for a player. I'm not a huge Ralph Wilson fan, but I've never seen him on the sidelines on game day, and never seen him miss a tackle either.

Granted, Bills do not spend money like the Giants, Redskins, and Cowboys. But, we have a much bigger scouting staff than the Bengals, and do spend more on free-agents than the Steelers. Also, we have the cheapest tickets in the NFL. We may be able to afford more for salaries if Bills fans spent money like the Redskins fans.

If the new LT gives up 11 sacks and allowed some forced fumbles let's bring this conversation up again.

Tell me, what did Peters do last year that makes him worth so much? He wasn't good last year, he had 1 good year.

Also, we have the cheapest tickets in the NFL. We may be able to afford more for salaries if Bills fans spent money like the Redskins fans.

salaries aren't determined by ticket money. There's a salary cap that requires that every team spend a minimum amount up to a maximum. Every team gets the same amount of money from the league to cover their player payrolls and then some. If we paid more for tickets (the fanbase, as a whole, couldn't afford it, anyway), it would have no bearing on how much we'd be able to spend on players.

Lets give Peters 10% + of all our available salary cap money while he represents ~2% of the players, seems like a great idea. He only has a few years left on his contract and after statistically having a horrible year, he deserves triple his current salary instead of double.

Cut this loser now and let's find higher ground while he is still valued by others. He can convince them that he deserves the highest salary at his position and nothing less will do.

I think that the real test to the Ralph is cheap debate will be if Peters takes less money to be with another team.It may just be that Peters doesn't want to be in Buffalo unless we throw the farm at him.If that is the case I Bye Bye to the punk.If he signs with a team we trade with for the high price tag I say the team is stupid for locking that much money into a guy that hasn't proven he can play at an elite level for longer than one year.Either way the only way I am happy about this situation is if Peters signs with us for a reasonable amount.Between 8.5 or 9.5 should get it done with this guy.

Do we really want to pay this guy just to watch him miss the last 3 games every year when it matters.That is what has happened the past 2 years.Why wouldn't this guy just get paid and pull a Mike Williams on us.Team doesn't seem to matter much to the guy just the money.

If we trade Peters, I have a funny feeling that we will draft a tackle, he will average at best, and wherever Peters goes he will go on to continue to be an All Pro and probowl player, and we will be once again looking for that elusive LT.

round and round :thumbsup:

So if Aaron Schobel makes the pro bowl next year with 12 sacks, should he be the highest paid DE in the league? If Marshawn Lynch makes the pro bowl should he be the highest paid RB in the league?

That's basically what folks who think the Bills should pay Peters what he wants are saying.

If we trade Peters, I have a funny feeling that we will draft a tackle, he will average at best, and wherever Peters goes he will go on to continue to be an All Pro and probowl player, and we will be once again looking for that elusive LT.

round and round :thumbsup:

I will take an average tackle that is a good team guy. Over an overrated devisive LT any day. Sorry but Peters has turned into his own worst enemy. Do you think he is worth 11.5 million a year??? And are you ready for the day when his contract will proclude you from being able to sign another one of your players??? Maybe McKelvin or Lynch in a few years??? Sorry but the deal Peters wants the Bills can't give. If you think that is being cheap, just remember that the next time your kids come to you for money, and you dont have it. Or when you go out car shopping and really want the BMW but it would cause you to not be able to have other things in your life. Like maybe insurance or pay for your mortgage. Sorry but Ralph isn't being cheap here.

I will take an average tackle that is a good team guy. Over an overrated devisive LT any day. Sorry but Peters has turned into his own worst enemy. Do you think he is worth 11.5 million a year??? And are you ready for the day when his contract will proclude you from being able to sign another one of your players??? Maybe McKelvin or Lynch in a few years??? Sorry but the deal Peters wants the Bills can't give. If you think that is being cheap, just remember that the next time your kids come to you for money, and you dont have it. Or when you go out car shopping and really want the BMW but it would cause you to not be able to have other things in your life. Like maybe insurance or pay for your mortgage. Sorry but Ralph isn't being cheap here.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, I've made my case for keeping Peters more than a few times. I do understand everyone's anger and frustration towards Peters. But as far as a football standpoint is concerned, to sum it up, I'd rather role the dice with Peters than a rookie.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, I've made my case for keeping Peters more than a few times. I do understand everyone's anger and frustration towards Peters. But as far as a football standpoint is concerned, to sum it up, I'd rather role the dice with Peters than a rookie.

Buts its not that simple. The money you have to pay Peters would stop you from being able to acquire and/or keep talent in the future. Do you understand that? The number 11 pick would be about 1/5 the cost of Peters. And sure there is some risk there. But there is also some risk that once Peters gets his paycheck, he will become fat and happy. And turn into an average at best LT, getting paid like the best. I'll personally take my chances with the rookie. And i base that solely on how Peters has conducted himself over the last year.

Buts its not that simple. The money you have to pay Peters would stop you from being able to acquire and/or keep talent in the future. Do you understand that? The number 11 pick would be about 1/5 the cost of Peters. And sure there is some risk there. But there is also some risk that once Peters gets his paycheck, he will become fat and happy. And turn into an average at best LT, getting paid like the best. I'll personally take my chances with the rookie. And i base that solely on how Peters has conducted himself over the last year.

Once again, I share your frustration.

But I'm taking a more pragmatic route. You ask, do I understand that? I do, it is a risk that some teams are forced to make. The contract cost would be less than a 1/3. McKelvin got over $4Mill a year and Peters deal will most likely be around $10-11.

You are assuming he will get fat and happy. You don't know that.

Also as you stated yourself, you are SOLELY basing it on last year. You see, I am basing it on over his career. He has had 2 1/2 solid to Elite level play at tackle and 1 bad year.

You see, I remember all the bad years of bad LT play we have had, and we have someone that is able to do the job at a very high level. Like I said, I'd rather role the dice with arguably the second most important position with someone who we know can do the job. It's just a matter of him coming into camp and getting into shape.

To answer your question, do I believe he should get $11.5 Mill. No I don't. If we pay him will I be happy? I will. It's not like we havn't overpaid players before . See: Dockery, Kelsay, Lee Evans, Schobel.

You are not going to change my mind on this matter and I won't change yours. So I think we will just have agree to disagree

Thats fine i will except that but none of those players you listed held out, or recieved anywhere near the amount Peters is asking for. Evans got the most and that was for 9 a year. And those guys handled themselfs the right way. I said Peters could get fat and happy just like taking a tackle in the draft could turn out to be average. But Peters did show up last year out of shape and had the worse year sack wise over any other starting LT.

But you are right. Agree to disagree. 'San Diego means whales vagina.'

I'm not saying the Bills should trade him, dump him, let him sit, or pay him.

I'm saying, don't get so worked up to get rid of Peters, just yet. Give them time to negotiate. It is still snowing in western NY, and the draft is still weeks away. No matter what they do, the fans are going to be mad at this organization for their actions.

Ralph wins with the fans when the Bills win on the field. That's all there is to it. When we miss the playoffs for a decade, it's clear that Ralph is either a victim of colossal bad luck or has screwed up SOMEWHERE. If we pay Peters the big bucks, and he doesn't give up any sacks, Ralph'll win with the fans. If we trade him and he gets in a fight with the QB and demands a trade while Andre Smith anchors the left side of the line, he wins with the fans.

When he effs up, the fans hate him. You win or you lose. When you win, the fans approve. When you lose, they want you out of town.

Wait a minute. What team is going to trade for Peters and give up a 1st round pick and then give Peters top LT NFL money? People here are assuming the Eagles will do the deal. I say the Eagles have no interest in Jason Peters and would rather use their draft picks and get their LT through the draft.

Some here think Peters is worth a 1st and a 3rd?

Put the crack pipe away!

:thumbsup:

Wait a minute. What team is going to trade for Peters and give up a 1st round pick and then give Peters top LT NFL money? People here are assuming the Eagles will do the deal. I say the Eagles have no interest in Jason Peters and would rather use their draft picks and get their LT through the draft.

Some here think Peters is worth a 1st and a 3rd?

Put the crack pipe away!

:thumbsup:

Let's see, several teams will draft the Smiths (Jason and Andre), Oher and Monroe in or near the top 10 HOPING that they turn out to be as good as Peters (who's what, 25 or 26?) and make the Pro Bowl, but a team won't give up a late first and a third for a known quantity LT--you're the one who needs to put the crack pipe away, dude, thinking that we should give him up for anything at all less than a third and a first. BTW, those top 10 picks will also cost a ton of dough, so the argument about the cash Peters wants as a known commodity isn't all that much of an argument.....