Who is Cutler going to throw the ball to???

The bears are relying on Pace to protect Cutler... which is very risky. They have no WR's either.

I thought it was a great move to sign Pace on the same day. We tend to forget that Pace was the best LT for years till a rash of injuries cut two seasons short. He played well last year and 5 mil isn't bad if he continues to show great form. Seeing how our LT wants a vault full of money 5 mil a year doesn't sound bad.

I bet they find somebody for him to throw to before Denver finds somebody to throw to Marshall.

WRs have the same (or higher) bust rate as QBs, and it's not as hard to get the game managing QB McDaniels wants.

WRs have the same (or higher) bust rate as QBs, and it's not as hard to get the game managing QB McDaniels wants.

I don't know if that's true, but I guess it's possible that Moulds/Evans with no QB for so long gives me a tainted picture...

Still if you want to talk bust rates DLmen are up there with anybody too. A game manager ain't gonna get it done with that defense.

Two problems with that: first, there is only one QB on the field at a time, not two or three to choose from. Second, the Broncos are so bad defensively, what good will a "game managing QB" be for them? Will a game mangager get them 4 TDs a game?

Maybe the Bears WRs numbers are not impressive because their QBs....suck?

Two problems with that: first, there is only one QB on the field at a time, not two or three to choose from. Second, the Broncos are so bad defensively, what good will a "game managing QB" be for them? Will a game mangager get them 4 TDs a game?

And yet, even with a "game managing" QB like Kyle Orton, they managed to achieve a 9-7 winning record, with Devon Hester as their best WR, with the 21st ranked defense, losing 3 2nd half 10 point leads in a much tougher division. Oh and did I say, with a QB who "sucks"?

hmmmm

no but you're right, "game managing QB's" are overrated :thumbsup:

The Broncos are so talented on the offensive side of the ball, that whatever QB they insert will have a tremendous advantage when he's developing. Also, it's likely that the Broncos will spend both 1sts on defensive players, and should improve their defense significantly. The Bears WR numbers are so terrible, because they let their only good one go... and they are full of #3s. There is no debating that besides Forte and Olson, the bears don't have much talent on O.

And yet, even with a "game managing" QB like Kyle Orton, they managed to achieve a 9-7 winning record, with Devon Hester as their best WR, with the 21st ranked defense, losing 3 2nd half 10 point leads in a much tougher division. Oh and did I say, with a QB who "sucks"?

hmmmm

no but you're right, "game managing QB's" are overrated :thumbsup:

28 points is a tall order for a game manager like Orton. He's not an accurate passer. The Bears only gave up 21.

9-7? Big deal. A "much tougher division?" Come on--the best team in that Div. was the Vikings. None of those teams would have had a winning record in the AFCW. The NFC blows.

28 points is a tall order for a game manager like Orton. He's not an accurate passer. The Bears only gave up 21.

9-7? Big deal. A "much tougher division?" Come on--the best team in that Div. was the Vikings. None of those teams would have had a winning record in the AFCW. The NFC blows.

ya the Raiders and Chiefs are really tough.

Oh ya and the Chargers have a great D :thumbsup:

you're not going to win this argument

keep fooling yourself

They don't call it the Windy City for nothing. Someone else posted that Chicago is where QB's go to die. It's almost impossible to fathom great QB play and an aerial passing attack @ Soldier Field. Maybe there's something to the fact the last great QB there was Sid Luckman, and the season ended before Christmas..

Anyway, I share some posters relief he's not in the AFC-E.

ya the Raiders and Chiefs are really tough.

Oh ya and the Chargers have a great D :thumbsup:

you're not going to win this argument

keep fooling yourself

Tougher than the Lions, no?

And who would you rather face, the Chargers or the Vikes?

Fooling myself? Nah. I picked the easy side of this argument--that the Bears got the better deal.

You are "fooling yourself" if you think that simply saying "you're not going to win this argument" will persuade.

Tougher than the Lions, no?

And who would you rather face, the Chargers or the Vikes?

Fooling myself? Nah. I picked the easy side of this argument--that the Bears got the better deal.

You are "fooling yourself" if you think that simply saying "you're not going to win this argument" will persuade.

The Lions and Chiefs are basically a wash.

I'd much rather face the Chargers than the Vikes, The Vikes are the better team.

And yes, Green Bay is better than the Raiders and Chiefs.

And just because you keep saying that the Bears got the better deal, doesn't make it so. I don't care how many times you say it, it wont change anything.

Anyway, The whole point of this argument is that you implied that "game managing" QB's don't have value. You also implied that Orton "sucks".

So, you have Orton, who has less offensive talent around him than what Cutler had, in a stronger division, without the guidance of Shanahan, a defense ranked 21st in the league, and a team that blew 3 10 point leads still managed to pull out a winning record.

I'm not saying that Orton is better than Cutler, because we all know that isn't the case. But you grossly misstated Orton's value. That's typical though, because misinformed fans really don't know too much and they usually make on the surface sort of comments like the one you had made.

The Lions and Chiefs are basically a wash.

I'd much rather face the Chargers than the Vikes, The Vikes are the better team.

And yes, Green Bay is better than the Raiders and Chiefs.

And just because you keep saying that the Bears got the better deal, doesn't make it so. I don't care how many times you say it, it wont change anything.

Anyway, The whole point of this argument is that you implied that "game managing" QB's don't have value. You also implied that Orton "sucks".

So, you have Orton, who has less offensive talent around him than what Cutler had, in a stronger division, without the guidance of Shanahan, a defense ranked 21st in the league, and a team that blew 3 10 point leads still managed to pull out a winning record.

I'm not saying that Orton is better than Cutler, because we all know that isn't the case. But you grossly misstated Orton's value. That's typical though, because misinformed fans really don't know too much and they usually make on the surface sort of comments like the one you had made.

Vikes and SD both gave up about 21 per game. SD scored more than Vikes.

Anyway.

What I have said is that a "game managing QB" will not suffice in Denver----Orton, in particular, or otherwise, because it took a QB with Cutler's passing ability to overcome a terrible defense-which will not likely change much next year. You introduced the heroic work of Orton in Chicago to refute the reality in Denver. The "guidance of Shanahan", as you may not have taken into consideration, has been replaced by the "another coattail rider, now HC, of Bill Bellichick" Josh McDaniels.

I'm pretty sure the words "you grossly misstated Orton's value" have never appeared in print before, so spare me the "misinformed fans really don't know too much" attempt at a dig. You may be an "All Pro" at TBD, but it really doesn't make you more insightful than the rest of the posters here.

The rumor I heard from my friends in Chicago is that they are going to try and go after Holt. Take it for what you will though because I dont keep up with Bears rumors.

FWIW, I've heard the same rumor. Kennard McGuire represents both players, so I'm sure the possibility was mentioned when he hammered out Pace's deal.