I'd rather have Edwards than Cutler

dude, that is the same scale cut in half that I used...lmao...

Didnt you go to to school...

A = 90-100

B = 80-89

C = 70-79

D = 60-89

F = 0-59

Thats the scale I used...nothing high tech...simple standard scale to keep it as simple as I could for you...

If this scale is too complicated for then I apologize... :thumbsup:

You are rating Jauron, a proven career loser, at 7.5 and insulting the intelligence of another poster? <_<

Did you get tossed off of another board? I mean, I am wondering how and why we were suddenly burdened with you and your stupidity.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are rating Jauron, a proven career loser, at 7.5 and insulting the intelligence of another poster? <_<

Did you get tossed off of another board? I mean, I am wondering how and why we were suddenly burdened with you and your stupidity.

LMAO...you are captain insult...and I was just joking with him, hence the emoticon...

Any way, yes, I hold our staff at about an average grade....sure they made mistakes, but so did Tomlin...all coaches do. However, the fact that we got 7 wins in 07 was nothing short of amazing given all the injuries and a rookie QB and inept JP splitting time.

In 08, our inept offense in the last 8 games killed our season a lot more than our coaches. In fact, DJ was in the running for coach of the year for our team OVER ACHIEVING by most standards at 6-2...what changed after that? Look at the offensive production from there on out...way more turnovers than TD's will lose you games...

So, DJ and co. have some fault and made mistakes, but I would still grade them average as depsite the horrid offensive production in 6 of our final 8 games we were still competitive each week and had a chance to still win. Not to mention all the injuries we had this year...

So, I give him an average grade...

LMAO...you are captain insult...and I was just joking with him, hence the emoticon...

Any way, yes, I hold our staff at about an average grade....sure they made mistakes, but so did Tomlin...all coaches do. However, the fact that we got 7 wins in 07 was nothing short of amazing given all the injuries and a rookie QB and inept JP splitting time.

I had no problem with your POV right up until this point.

Seriously. The Ravens had a ROOKIE HC, a ROOKIE QB, something like 16 guys on IR and they made the AFC championship game.

But for Buffalo to acquire 7 wins was "nothing short of amazing".

Bulls**t.

Inept coaching has a much bigger negative impact than many people want to admit.

Good players can overcome a head coaches bad decision.

BUT, even great players cannot overcome inept coaching.

In 08, our inept offense in the last 8 games killed our season a lot more than our coaches. In fact, DJ was in the running for coach of the year for our team OVER ACHIEVING by most standards at 6-2...what changed after that? Look at the offensive production from there on out...way more turnovers than TD's will lose you games...

So, DJ and co. have some fault and made mistakes, but I would still grade them average as depsite the horrid offensive production in 6 of our final 8 games we were still competitive each week and had a chance to still win. Not to mention all the injuries we had this year...

So, I give him an average grade...

Every Jauron defenders favorite excuse .... those damn injuries. Other teams can overcome those things, just never Jauron coached teams.

Seriously. The Ravens had a ROOKIE HC, a ROOKIE QB, something like 16 guys on IR and they made the AFC championship game.

Bulls**t.

Inept coaching has a much bigger negative impact than many people want to admit.

BUT, even great players cannot overcome inept coaching.

Every Jauron defenders favorite excuse .... those damn injuries. Other teams can overcome those things, just never Jauron coached teams.

I dont necessairly disagree with your post, but given the low quality play of JP and a rookie Trent Edwards combined with how many players we lost, I think it was a bigger up hill to climb then what Balt faced. Balt has an Elite D to carry them when other areas struggle and more depth. Plus Flacco played better than the combo of JP and a rookie Edwards did in 2007.

Its all relative though, I am sure I am in the minority on the average grade I gave the staff. We had some bad luck, terrible injuries, and poor play at QB in 07. To be honest though, DJ's coaching job in 07 is viewed in NFL circles as one of the better coaching jobs that year...Just the way I hear from the peeps I know in the NFL, doesnt make it law though.

Again, I am sure I will be in the minority in this, just my opinnion...

Guest dog14787

Bulls**t.

but, even great players cannot overcome inept coaching.

It all starts at the top and it makes it easy to understand why the last time we had a good Superbowl run Bill Polian was GM.

Plus the last time the team was successful over an extended period of time Marv Levy was head coach.

It all starts at the top and it makes it easy to understand why the last time we had a good Superbowl run Bill Polian was GM.

Plus the last time the team was successful over an extended period of time Marv Levy was head coach.

Marv Levy was coaching the talent base that was mainly established by Bill Polian... Marv was merely a competent coach.

Guest dog14787
Marv Levy was coaching the talent base that was mainly established by Bill Polian... Marv was merely a competent coach.

competent works for me :thumbsup:

I'm with you. To think Cutler is a worse QB than Edwards is completely ignorant. Cutler will be one of, if not, the best QB in the league in a few years. Edwards will probably be no better than a Chris Chandler.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=29

lets talk next year at this time. Now that we have a real recieving core. JP Losman probably better than both in the right offence.