Bears get Cutler! He goes to the NFC.

Fingon

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that the Chicago Bears have sent two first-round picks, a third-round pick, and quarterback Kyle Orton to the Broncos for quarterback Jay Cutler and a fifth-round draft pick.

The Bears held the 18th pick in the first round of the draft.

Per NFLPA records, Orton is signed through 2009, at a base salary of $995,000.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Broncos made out like bandits.

Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that the Chicago Bears have sent two first-round picks, a third-round pick, and quarterback Kyle Orton to the Broncos for quarterback Jay Cutler and a fifth-round draft pick.

The Bears held the 18th pick in the first round of the draft.

Per NFLPA records, Orton is signed through 2009, at a base salary of $995,000.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Broncos made out like bandits.

Thats good news for us still...I find it hard to believe that Denver sees Orton as their guy of the future...reports indicate that the Broncos are really high on Sanchez, so maybe we can parlay some of those picks from Denver in a trade down for them to get Sanchez if he falls to us...

This is good for us...i doubt Den wants Orton as their long term starter...reports say they are REALLY high on Sanchez, so if he falls to us, maybe we can parlay that into a trade down and pick up some of these extra draft picks...

Wow, can anyone find me the interview of Josh McDaniels with I believe Tom Jackson. It is like two weeks old, right when the dust seemed like it was settled. Josh McDaniels says something like, "I guarantee Jay Cutler is our QB next year". I want to watch it, and laugh at it.

The Broncos are now likely to spend their #12 overall pick on a QB.

Thats fantastic news for the Bills who sit at #11, if any of the QBs slide and teams like the Jets, Tampa Bay, Minnesota or Detroit (if they didnt take a QB #1 overall) want a QB, they'll have to jump in front of Denver now.

Really gives us a lot of leverage for a trade down if that turns out to be our best option.