Who's Going To Fill The Hole At LT?

H2o

Last season when we went through this whole situation with Peters, Walker stepped up and played very well at LT. I think alot of people forget that. I don't think the FO or the coaching staff has forgotten that though. Kirk Chambers also did admirably at RT against players like Patrick Kerney(All Pro DE). The more this drags out, the more I believe that Peters will be on the move on draft day. If Peters wants to be the highest paid LT in the game then what's going to happen when Jason Smith ends up getting more money than Jake Long? Peters is going to ask for more and more money. We will send him packing and get a single 1st round pick in return. Who will trade for him? Alot of people say Philly is the most likely spot, but Detroit could end up in the mix as well if they take a QB with the first overall pick. Either way, I think Walker ends up playing LT this season and we address the rest of our OL in the draft. Chambers could end up playing one of the two open spots as could Bell. We could have our starting OL right there. Walker, Bell, Hangartner, Butler, and Chambers from LT to RT. Would everyone be extremely upset? Yeah, of course. People would be ringing in the "doom and gloom" posts from far and wide, but it might not be as bad as it seems. I think Walker showed us all he could play the position last season and may very well end up at that position again this year.

Last season when we went through this whole situation with Peters, Walker stepped up and played very well at LT. I think alot of people forget that. I don't think the FO or the coaching staff has forgotten that though. Kirk Chambers also did admirably at RT against players like Patrick Kerney(All Pro DE). The more this drags out, the more I believe that Peters will be on the move on draft day. If Peters wants to be the highest paid LT in the game then what's going to happen when Jason Smith ends up getting more money than Jake Long? Peters is going to ask for more and more money. We will send him packing and get a single 1st round pick in return. Who will trade for him? Alot of people say Philly is the most likely spot, but Detroit could end up in the mix as well if they take a QB with the first overall pick. Either way, I think Walker ends up playing LT this season and we address the rest of our OL in the draft. Chambers could end up playing one of the two open spots as could Bell. We could have our starting OL right there. Walker, Bell, Hangartner, Butler, and Chambers from LT to RT. Would everyone be extremely upset? Yeah, of course. People would be ringing in the "doom and gloom" posts from far and wide, but it might not be as bad as it seems. I think Walker showed us all he could play the position last season and may very well end up at that position again this year.

So, Walker proved that he can play LT by starting one game against a 4-12 Seahawk team without its best pass rusher (Patrick Kerney)?

I buy that about as much as I bought your idiotic post yesterday.

So, Walker proved that he can play LT by starting one game against a 4-12 Seahawk team without its best pass rusher (Patrick Kerney)?

Walker started 3 games last season at LT, not one. The only thing idiotic is how you donkeys construe something that is being stated as a "possibility" in to being something we believe is set in stone. I buy that you're much more intelligent than most people on this board about as much as yesterday :thumbsup:

Just find someone GOOD for a change w/o extra baggage!!!

Last Season ALL I heard was Buffalo ad the biggest O Line in the league.

What good did it do?

DO SOMETHING RALPH!!!!

What good did it do? What BAD did it do? How long have you been a Bills fan? You really wanna put last year's offense line up against some of the turd bands we've had out there in recent years?

I agree if Peters wants to price himself out then trade him if you can get a first and additional fist day pick. I disagree with the posts stating Demetrius Bell should be a starter, the guy was on the practice squad last year. If Peters is gone we should take one of the OT's in the draft this year-Maybe Eben Britton to compete with Chambers. Chambers played better at OT than OG last year. We would still need to take an OG/C the first day and I'm opimistic that we can find one throught the draft that would be a better starter than Bell.

I say keep peters and let him do whatever he wants to. Draft the best T at #11 and pencil him in at LG. (Both Oher and Smith can play G) Hope that Peters comes to his senses and takes the bird in the hand instead of trying for the 2 in the bush.

Now if Peters comes to his senses... we have a very good to excellent OL.

If Peters holds out we have personell to better deal with it, and Peters can go rot and the Bills can look to trade him for picks in 2010, or a player we need now.

Walker started 3 games last season at LT, not one. The only thing idiotic is how you donkeys construe something that is being stated as a "possibility" in to being something we believe is set in stone. I buy that you're much more intelligent than most people on this board about as much as yesterday :thumbsup:

No he didnt, unless you count preseason.

I think the Bills should look at Orlando Pace especially if Peters is traded. He gould work for a year or two while we groom a young LT.

This has already been addressed and it's something I support. But when it was brought up the last time all these Rams fans who are also offensive line gurus (how fortunate) came out of the woodwork to talk smack about a future HOF LT who only gave up 2 sacks last year in 14 games.

1. No, Walker started one game at LT. Chambers started the other games that Peters missed. You're wrong.

2. What the hell are you talking about when you say "you donkeys construe something that is being stated as a "possibility" in to being something we believe is set in stone"? There's nothing in my response to your post to which you could possibly be referring. You also never mentioned "possibility" in your post, so clue me in as to what your talking about there as well, since reading your original post only leads me back to your conlcusion that Walker proved how good he was at LT in a game against Patrick Kerney in which Kerney played a quarter-and-a-half and got a sack.

3. The statement "I buy that you're much more intelligent than most people on this board about as much as yesterday" makes literally zero sense. The only way that statement could make sense is if you didn't believe that yesterday occurred. Of course, I suppose that would make sense...if I posted something as grotesquely stoopid as you did yesterday, and had it deleted, I'd want to forget it as well.

And in response to the initial question...here's an idea: How about if Peters fills the hole at LT?

Walker shows us all how to earn $5 Million a year in the NFL without working out. The guy reminds me more of Fat Albert then Albert Haynesworth. Don't get me wrong, he's an intelligent speaker and seems like a good person. But someone needs to introduce Langston to the weight room if he ever wants to take his game to the next level.

This has already been addressed and it's something I support. But when it was brought up the last time all these Rams fans who are also offensive line gurus (how fortunate) came out of the woodwork to talk smack about a future HOF LT who only gave up 2 sacks last year in 14 games.

No to Pace!

See what I mean??

And what did Peters prove? That he's a turnstile?

PTR

See what I mean??

I think that most people arguing against the idea of signing Pace (like myself) believe that, if Pace were still capable of starting at LT, either the Rams would have kept him or some other team would have signed him.

Honestly, from watching him play the last 2 years, I don't want him. He looks old and slow to me. Granted, I'm not an NFL scout, but I don't want any part of him. He's also missed 25 games the last 3 seasons with injuries.

I'll pass.