TO stopped in Buffalo Yesterday

VOR

Without adding a new thread, or digging up an archived post...just quickly, would anyone stop being a fan or be tremendously upset (economic issues aside for the area) if they moved to Toronto???

The players lately, and this story is more backing, that the players are latching on to that city and it can provide the economic firepower to maybe push the team back into the competitive scene...perhaps...

Personally I would not want to see them go or see Toronto in front of their name. At the risk of sounding biased, I want to see the NFL stay in the US. The CFL hasn't produced the excitement the NFL has, and MLB proved that American sports belong in America (Washington Nationals) I just don't know how long the rush will last long term if Toronto got an NFL team. Plus it always sucks to see a historic team to a city move for money reasons, stadiums name changes for that matter as well

IMO, people should get over the Toronto deal. I'm not sure but I think the Toronto games occur after the CFL season is over. Some Canadian Parliament members have stated they would try to get a bill through barring the NFL from coming in during the CFL season. IMO, LA is a much more likely destination and I think that's a slim possibility.

They should invite Evans so he can teach them all how to catch the ball.

:(

There's a good betting idea. Will James Hardy catch more passes than TO drops?

Why not?

I think a person who has a case pending in the U.S. can't go to Canada without special permission. I'm not sure but I think that might be true.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he's an uncle through marriage, so there's zero blood between me and Crash, but I guess I get to call him a relative.

I'd go with "distant cousin" or "first cousin, once removed", or some such garbage. :(

If I was a rock star NFL player I'd live in Toronto as well. Buffalo is a crappy place to be unless you are married and raising kids, then the burbs are ok ... nice neighborhoods, etc. still dull as can be though unless you have family there, etc. ... can't imagine a dsingle guy there
Hell yeah. If I was making $6M a year, damn straight I'd be living in Toronto.

Guy is a Bball fan, I watch all the lakers game via league pass, he he hs been at many of the LA games this year.

IIRC, didin't Owens ruffle some feathers, early in his career, in SF, by playing in a semi-pro basketball league during the off-season? Or was that Moss? I sometimes get their crimes against humanity confused... :(

I think a person who has a case pending in the U.S. can't go to Canada without special permission. I'm not sure but I think that might be true.

He's got no case pending. He took a plea deal on the gun charges.

IIRC, didin't Owens ruffle some feathers, early in his career, in SF, by playing in a semi-pro basketball league during the off-season? Or was that Moss? I sometimes get their crimes against humanity confused... :(

It was Owens, and while he was with the Eagles, and they refused to let him play in it. One of several things (the Eagles were right in this instance) that made that relationship go south fast.

Hell yeah. If I was making $6M a year, damn straight I'd be living in Toronto.

If I was making $6 Mil a year for a Buffalo team, I'd have a place in Buffalo and Toronto. I'd also probably have a small place in NYC and something on the west coast, too.

I assume the guys who have places in To, also have some place locally, to crash, too.

I thought that was with SF. Then Moulds started tinkering with the same idea.

I thought that was with SF. Then Moulds started tinkering with the same idea.

Nope, it was the Eagles, and he was going to play in the summer development league of the Sacramento Kings. It might have been a contract ploy, since he hired Drew Rosenhaus to get him a new contract after his first year in Philly.