A Couple Of Unbelievable Things From Rotoworld.

If anyone wants to know the power of a contract year this says it all;

Willis McGahee-RB- Ravens Mar. 27 - 5:12 pm et

Willis McGahee is taking part in the Ravens' conditioning program and plans to report for all voluntary offseason workouts.

This isn't like McGahee, but he admits this could easily be his last year as a Raven and he'll probably hit free agency next offseason. He needs to stay healthy to have a market value. McGahee will also be in a heated competition for carries again with incumbent starter Le'Ron McClain and Ray Rice.

Source: baltimoreravens.com

Even if Jeff George was picked up by a team he wouldn't pass the drug test because he's smoking a lot of crack!

Jeff George-QB- Raiders Mar. 27 - 2:55 pm et

Free agent Jeff George says if he was on the Vikings, he "guarantee(s) (he) would be wearing a ring right now."

He just won't let it go. "It just amazes me that I’m not on somebody’s roster," the 41-year-old said. "You can’t tell me I’m not better than some of the QBs that are out there. I look at teams like Minnesota or Chicago, and I want to scream at the people in charge, ‘What are you thinking?'" George is throwing and staying in shape, but is highly unlikely to get a call this offseason.

Source: Yahoo Sports

Related: Vikings

A little bit o'comedy to start the weekend. :rolleyes:

Willis McGahee is taking part in the Ravens' conditioning program and plans to report for all voluntary offseason workouts.

This isn't like McGahee, but he admits this could easily be his last year as a Raven and he'll probably hit free agency next offseason. He needs to stay healthy to have a market value. McGahee will also be in a heated competition for carries again with incumbent starter Le'Ron McClain and Ray Rice.

Even if Jeff George was picked up by a team he wouldn't pass the drug test because he's smoking a lot of crack!

Free agent Jeff George says if he was on the Vikings, he "guarantee(s) (he) would be wearing a ring right now."

He just won't let it go. "It just amazes me that I’m not on somebody’s roster," the 41-year-old said. "You can’t tell me I’m not better than some of the QBs that are out there. I look at teams like Minnesota or Chicago, and I want to scream at the people in charge, ‘What are you thinking?'" George is throwing and staying in shape, but is highly unlikely to get a call this offseason.

Sad thing is he is probably better than Orton and Travaris...thats how bad those two are...and he can probably be had cheaper too...

i'd take George over losman.

Sad thing is he is probably better than Orton and Travaris...thats how bad those two are...and he can probably be had cheaper too...

Agree with that.

But George killed himself by being the guy no coach wanted to deal with.

I think Jeff George's problem was his head not his ability. Perhaps he has matured in his years.

McGahee? It was his heart and that does get better.

George had one of the best arms on a QB I've ever seen. His problem was he couldn't read a defense to save his life.

George had one of the best arms on a QB I've ever seen. His problem was he couldn't read a defense to save his life.

There are plenty of guys who can throw a ball 80 yds. george is a lucky lucky millionaire---like RJ---had them fooled --and lousy franchises gave them a chance... good ole Bills...

From what I heard and saw was not so much as reading but doing cowboy like things refusing to check down, trying to make the big play when he could have gotten the first down, throwing the ball into double and triple coverage, etc which really frustrated OCs. He was trying to out Farve Farve without the ability to back it up.

i forget who it is, but there is some writer who is close with george who always puts him "in the mix" with team x or y as a ploy to drum up interest (a la donahoe and mort)

Jason Whitlock played high school football with him.

Len Pasquarelli, who's been in ill health of late.
I think he has the same condition as Booker Moore.

Pasquarelli was recovering from the emergency bypass surgery he had while he was at Super Bowl XLII when he found out he had Guillain-Barre, the same thing Moore dealt with. Chris Mortensen did a powerful Q-and-A with him before this year's SB: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008...tory?id=3861360

And for those inclined to bash Mort every time his name appears, he missed the Pats-Giants SB because he was at the hospital with Lenny P.